The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-23-2015, 10:39 AM
Majesty

Danish jewels: Suggested additions and alterations

I thought it would be useful to have one place where suggested changes and additions to the Danish royal jewel haul can be discussed

Old 04-23-2015, 10:41 AM
Majesty

I would love to see Queen Margarethe get a nice turquoise and diamond necklace to supplement her turquoise tiara - perhaps something like the turquoise necklace worn by the Duchess of Cornwall.

Alternatively, if she could get a nice new turquoise and diamond tiara, her existing turquoise tiara could be altered to make a nice necklace

Old 04-24-2015, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

To be honest, I would hate to see the turquoise bandeau changed. I got so used to seeing it as a tiara and think it is quite lovely. Also it is good that the Queen has one small tiara to wear at low key visits to republics. At these visits a big gun tiara would look preposterous. But a fitting necklace would be a nice idea.

One tiara I would like to change is Marie's floral tiara. Those spaced diamonds a the base somehow look a bit rediculous and they don't fit the antique style of the tiara. Imo the tiara looked better before those diamonds were added.

Old 01-20-2017, 07:43 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
To be honest, I would hate to see the turquoise bandeau changed. I got so used to seeing it as a tiara and think it is quite lovely. Also it is good that the Queen has one small tiara to wear at low key visits to republics. At these visits a big gun tiara would look preposterous. But a fitting necklace would be a nice idea.
Perhaps QM could get a nice and elaborate turquoise and diamond brooch that, when required, could be added to a collet necklace or a pearl necklace to become a married parure with the existing turquoise bandeau.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Perhaps QM could get a nice and elaborate turquoise and diamond brooch that, when required, could be added to a collet necklace or a pearl necklace to become a married parure with the existing turquoise bandeau.
Actually she has several turqiose brooches/pendants which have been used in differetn ways (together as a sort of stomacher) or as pendants on a necklace. She has also a nice turqiose necklace which she got for her 75th birthday but it is set in yellow/gold so it would not looked best paired with the turqiose bandeau.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Majesty

It would be great if after Princess Benedikte's passing, the Star and Pearl tiara could be acquired by the Danish RF. If the tiara coudl then be altered such that the pearls on that could then be made removable, ad potentially replacable with sapphires, amethysts or perhaps rubies.
Old 01-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Aristocracy

It would be great if Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara belongs back to the main royal familiy, after the death of Princess Elisabeth. Its not my favourite Sapphire Tiara but it would be a nice option for Princess Marie or later Princess Isabella & Princess Josephine

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara
Old 01-30-2017, 11:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mary-Rose View Post
It would be great if Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara belongs back to the main royal familiy, after the death of Princess Elisabeth. Its not my favourite Sapphire Tiara but it would be a nice option for Princess Marie or later Princess Isabella & Princess Josephine

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Princess Thyra's Sapphire Tiara
Great. If it were to come back, I hope it rejoins the main line" of the DRF so it can be used with the lovely sapphire and diamond necklace of Russian provenance that QM wears.
Old 02-26-2017, 08:06 PM
Courtier

i don't like the current setting of the sapphire necklace i think it needs to be altered maybe something like the cholmondeley sapphire necklace i think that setting would show the sapphires much better .
Old 02-28-2017, 11:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by duke of poliganc View Post
i don't like the current setting of the sapphire necklace i think it needs to be altered maybe something like the cholmondeley sapphire necklace i think that setting would show the sapphires much better .
There are a lot fewer sapphire and diamond clusters on the Danish necklace, hence it's setting. The DRF are not big spenders on jewels, so even if they wanted to change the design, they are unlikely to.
Old 02-28-2017, 12:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
There are a lot fewer sapphire and diamond clusters on the Danish necklace, hence it's setting. The DRF are not big spenders on jewels, so even if they wanted to change the design, they are unlikely to.
actually there is more sapphire and diamond clusters but the queen has shortened it and there is at least 2-3 more clusters .
here she is wearing two additional clusters as a hair pins and another one as a brooch and here's a photo of the necklace before it was shortened .

Tags
denmark, jewels, queen margarethe; mary