The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-20-2010, 04:08 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I wish she hadn't of worn the Cameo, but she does pull it off better than her mother ever did.

Old 06-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I am so glad she really continued the tradition and wore the Cameo Tiara. It looked so much better then I expected.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/W...48Lvn16Thl.jpg

Old 06-20-2010, 05:45 AM
Heir Apparent

as much as i didn't quite like the cameo tiara, i think it suited victoria and her dress beautifully. it complimented the simplicity of the gown, marked tradition. i think she pulls it off beautifully - which seems difficult!
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-20-2010, 07:14 AM
Nobility

I don't like the cameo tiara but I do like the tradition behind it. Victoria pulled it off better then I could have imagined she would. I think what made the tiara work was the simple gown - if the gown had been fussy there would have been too much going on.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:29 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I am so glad she really continued the tradition and wore the Cameo Tiara. It looked so much better then I expected.
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/W...48Lvn16Thl.jpg

True. It looked wonderfull on her. Better then on Silvia and i also liked it better how they placed the Veil on her.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-20-2010, 07:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Treu. It looked wonderfull on her. Better then on Silvia and i also liked it better how they placed the Veil on her.
You are so right about the placement of the veil! But the dress also helped to show off the cameo tiara.
Old 06-20-2010, 12:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

I do not like this tiara, and I got disapointed when I saw it, but I must admite the placement of the tiara is better that queen silvia had
Old 06-20-2010, 02:44 PM
Nobility

I love the history of the Cameo Tiara, but I don't always like the look of it. However, when you saw the whole picture with Victoria's dress, veil and tiara, it looked magnificent. I also loved that she had the matching earrings and I think I spotted a bracelet with a cameo.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris View Post
Prince Carl Philip is going to inherit Bertil's and Lilian's Stockholm villa, but all three royal children received equal parts of Prince Bertil's (considerable) fortune after his death (besides his widow, of course).
The same certainly goes regarding Princess Lilian's will, but it's most likely that the laurel wreath tiara - like other personally owned pieces - will become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation.
The Laurel Wreath tiara belongs to Prince Bertil's estate. According to his will, Princess Lilian has "untouched" estate and except for the bequests to Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine. the estate will be divided upon the death of Princess Lilian.

As the tiara was the personal property of Bertil, it is highly unlikely that it will become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation.

The Connaught tiara and the Cameo tiara are not part of the Foundation, the King inherited the tiaras from his mother.
Old 06-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Nobility

I was completely against the Cameo tiara because I just don't like anything of it. Victoria has such amazing tiaras and I would have loved to see one of them on her wedding day, so I was a bit disappointed when she got out of the car. But honestly, I got used to it. The more I see Victoria with the Cameo tiara, the more I like it. Well, not the tiara, but the whole appearance. I wouldn't say it suits Victoria but it's okay And tradition is tradition...

Can you imagine a time when the truth ran free
The birth of a song
the death of a dream
Old 06-20-2010, 06:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thena View Post
I love the history of the Cameo Tiara, but I don't always like the look of it. However, when you saw the whole picture with Victoria's dress, veil and tiara, it looked magnificent. I also loved that she had the matching earrings and I think I spotted a bracelet with a cameo.

There is. It's a parure -- the tiara, earrings and a bracelet.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 08-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Heir Apparent

Not to forget the somewhat large necklace!
Old 04-22-2011, 04:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anyone know what the cameo tiara necklace look like?
Old 04-22-2011, 12:23 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Does anyone know what the cameo tiara necklace look like?
Queen Silvia has been wearing the complete cameo parure regularly throughout the years, so you'll find many pics of it including the necklace in the 'Queen Silvia Jewelry' topic.

Here's one picture:
http://coloreddiamond.info/index.php...=19902%3Bimage
Old 04-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks.Was not expecting it to look like that!
Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Cameo Tiara

This is one of my favorite tiaras! I love the pearls with the gold;it's such a unique design.I also love Greek Mythology so I love it even more.This is truly a regal and magnificent tiara.