Crown Princess Victoria Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've never seen the Laurel Wreath, I always assumed that was a Dutch Tiara.
I really want her to wear the Connaught.

The Laurel wreath is Lilian's tiara, isn't it? She may use it to honour her aunt, but I don't see it as a bridal tiara, if the gala was white tie I would say that she was going to use it for the gala.

I hope she uses the cameo, imo it's really beautiful the problem is that it must be difficult to match the wedding dress to this tiara.

I've never seen the Laurel Wreath, I always assumed that was a Dutch Tiara.
It goes without saying that there are numerous tiaras in the laurel wreath shape, not just the Dutch one.

The Bernadotte laurel wreath tiara belonged originally to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden, born Princess of Connaught. She left it to her son Prince Bertil, who in turn gave it to Lilian Craig already before their marriage.

Princess Lilian owns the tiara personally. I agree that it would make a lovely bridal tiara, but Lilian is most probably in no condition to decide to loan it to CP Victoria as a wedding tiara.
Unless Princess Lilian made respective provisions clear some time ago, I think the laurel wreath tiara can be ruled out as wedding tiara.

Here, Princess Lilian wears her tiara in 1982, a very nice pic IMO:
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2827/tr20292.jpg

Carl Philip is the heir for Bertil and Lilian's house, so I'd have to asume that he's the heir for most of their other things and someday we'll see his wife in the laurel wreath.

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Carl Philip is going to inherit Bertil's and Lilian's Stockholm villa, but all three royal children received equal parts of Prince Bertil's (considerable) fortune after his death (besides his widow, of course).
The same certainly goes regarding Princess Lilian's will, but it's most likely that the laurel wreath tiara - like other personally owned pieces - will become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation.

She should wear the broganza tiara, but whichever she wears, I say "God help her neck".

Thank you so much Boris for the information regarding the Swedish Laurel Wreath tiara. The picture is very nice - Princess Lilian alway was a very beautiful lady.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought that the wedding was great. And I am so happy for Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. I however thought that Tiara that she wore with her wedding dress was horrid. I didn't like that Tiara at all. I live here in the United States. And although I am American, and we don't really wear Tiaras like that. I think I would have chosen one better than that. The UK Royals have the best Royal Jewelry collection in the world. THAT IS FOR SURE!

Here in the U.S. that Tiara would be identical to a Burger King Crown. (I hate that I said that, but it's the truth).

I wish she hadn't of worn the Cameo, but she does pull it off better than her mother ever did.

as much as i didn't quite like the cameo tiara, i think it suited victoria and her dress beautifully. it complimented the simplicity of the gown, marked tradition. i think she pulls it off beautifully - which seems difficult!

I don't like the cameo tiara but I do like the tradition behind it. Victoria pulled it off better then I could have imagined she would. I think what made the tiara work was the simple gown - if the gown had been fussy there would have been too much going on.

Last edited:
Treu. It looked wonderfull on her. Better then on Silvia and i also liked it better how they placed the Veil on her.
You are so right about the placement of the veil! But the dress also helped to show off the cameo tiara.

I do not like this tiara, and I got disapointed when I saw it, but I must admite the placement of the tiara is better that queen silvia had

I love the history of the Cameo Tiara, but I don't always like the look of it. However, when you saw the whole picture with Victoria's dress, veil and tiara, it looked magnificent. I also loved that she had the matching earrings and I think I spotted a bracelet with a cameo.

Prince Carl Philip is going to inherit Bertil's and Lilian's Stockholm villa, but all three royal children received equal parts of Prince Bertil's (considerable) fortune after his death (besides his widow, of course).
The same certainly goes regarding Princess Lilian's will, but it's most likely that the laurel wreath tiara - like other personally owned pieces - will become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation.

The Laurel Wreath tiara belongs to Prince Bertil's estate. According to his will, Princess Lilian has "untouched" estate and except for the bequests to Victoria, Carl Philip and Madeleine. the estate will be divided upon the death of Princess Lilian.

As the tiara was the personal property of Bertil, it is highly unlikely that it will become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation.

The Connaught tiara and the Cameo tiara are not part of the Foundation, the King inherited the tiaras from his mother.

I was completely against the Cameo tiara because I just don't like anything of it. Victoria has such amazing tiaras and I would have loved to see one of them on her wedding day, so I was a bit disappointed when she got out of the car. But honestly, I got used to it. The more I see Victoria with the Cameo tiara, the more I like it. Well, not the tiara, but the whole appearance. I wouldn't say it suits Victoria but it's okay ;) And tradition is tradition...

I love the history of the Cameo Tiara, but I don't always like the look of it. However, when you saw the whole picture with Victoria's dress, veil and tiara, it looked magnificent. I also loved that she had the matching earrings and I think I spotted a bracelet with a cameo.

There is. It's a parure -- the tiara, earrings and a bracelet.

:previous: Not to forget the somewhat large necklace! :D

Does anyone know what the cameo tiara necklace look like?

Thanks.Was not expecting it to look like that!

Back
Top Bottom