The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-06-2010, 11:31 PM
Serene Highness

It seems a lot of people dislike the button tiara's, I love them! They're my absolute favorite <3 I also Like the Cameo if worn with the right hair, Silvia looked bad with the Came it didn't look right on her wedding but I've seen her wear it since and look beautiful in it. I think CP Victoria will wear it since it seems she's all about family traditions ( Picking the same date as her parents, announcing her engagement in the same spot, same church etc).

I found this on a google search and the Cameo looks good on Victoria. http://i42.tinypic.com/14voj6u.jpg

Old 06-07-2010, 02:53 AM
Serene Highness

Oooh...That is very pretty. Nice find countess felictas.

Old 06-07-2010, 08:51 AM
Heir Apparent

I think the above tiara looks awesome too, but I don't see it happening.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:28 PM
Aristocracy

I think the problem that people have with the button tiara isn't the button (which really should be called flowers) themselves, but rather they are set. The flowers of the 4 button tiara is very beautiful, if the flowers were given a betters tiara setting it would be very beautiful. A redone flower tiara would actually make a very nice wedding tiara, but it sadly wont happen.
Old 06-07-2010, 01:40 PM
Serene Highness

According to the Swedish RF website, nearly every bride of the royal family wore the cameo tiara.It is under the tradition section. And it is 99,9% sure that victoria will also be wearig that one. Whether we like or not.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:06 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

It has only been worn by three royal brides, this is the 21st Century. If she wants to wear something different she will, if she wishes to wear the Cameo thats her choice.
What I don't want is her to wear something she has been pressured into wearing just because of the tradition of the Tiara.
Nowhere on the website does it say that it is 99.9% sure that she will wear the tiara, we can only specualte.
Old 06-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Royal Highness

The fact the the cameo tiara is mentioned on the official wedding web site is a really bold hint that Victoria will wear this tiara, imo. I guess that Victoria herself took the decision about her wedding tiara, maybe after long conversations with her mother and other family members, and after trying out prospective hairstyles with it and probably other tiaras as well. (I read somewhere that Letizia tried out hairstyles with two or three tiaras before her wedding.) But I'm sure that the decision was taken a long time ago, probably before designing the wedding gown "go" with the tiara.
Still, I'm so curious and can hardly wait see it! 12 more days to wait!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:22 PM
Heir Apparent

the cameo tiara is definitely not my preferred of the swedish tiaras, but again since it has only been silvia who wore it (and queens in general) it may mean a lot for her to wear it. or maybe she will choose another one just because of the fact she wants to reserve the cameo for when she becomes queen. i think both will be acceptable choices, although i hope she chooses a simpler tiara - it seems that high and big tiaras are abundant in the swedish family: the diamond spikes one (http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/1/0...Prize_dc6b.jpg) is probably the one i'd go for.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 06-11-2010, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota View Post
the diamond spikes one (http://cdn.picapp.com/ftp/Images/1/0...Prize_dc6b.jpg) is probably the one i'd go for.
But Victoria has used that tiara for sooo many occations already that although it suits her very well i would want to see her in something she hasn´t worn before.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

I hope that Victoria doesn´t choose the cameo tiara, because I don´t thinkt that it suits her. I´ll hope for a surprise. Perhaps this tiara, which princess Lilian has often had? It´s small but very lovely.
Getty Images

Here´s an interesting point to the tiara discussion. Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg says at an interview, when asked if Victoria will use the cameo tiara: "She could do it because she is interested in preserving traditions. At the same time, I wonder if she would not give up in order to highlight the difference between their wedding and the Queen´s. Although she will also become Queen, the difference is that Victoria becomes regent. So if I had to choose I do not think she will wear it".
Hovdamer tv-duellerar - DN.se
Old 06-14-2010, 03:12 PM
Nobility

If not the Cameo - then it seems to be either the Connaught or the Laurel wreath tiara.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: CP Victoria's possible bridal tiaras

Can somebody explain a littel more about the history of the laurel wreath?
Thx
Old 06-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

I've never seen the Laurel Wreath, I always assumed that was a Dutch Tiara.
I really want her to wear the Connaught.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:34 PM
Courtier

The Laurel wreath is Lilian's tiara, isn't it? She may use it to honour her aunt, but I don't see it as a bridal tiara, if the gala was white tie I would say that she was going to use it for the gala.

I hope she uses the cameo, imo it's really beautiful the problem is that it must be difficult to match the wedding dress to this tiara.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've never seen the Laurel Wreath, I always assumed that was a Dutch Tiara.
It goes without saying that there are numerous tiaras in the laurel wreath shape, not just the Dutch one.

The Bernadotte laurel wreath tiara belonged originally to Crown Princess Margaret of Sweden, born Princess of Connaught. She left it to her son Prince Bertil, who in turn gave it to Lilian Craig already before their marriage.

Princess Lilian owns the tiara personally. I agree that it would make a lovely bridal tiara, but Lilian is most probably in no condition to decide to loan it to CP Victoria as a wedding tiara.
Unless Princess Lilian made respective provisions clear some time ago, I think the laurel wreath tiara can be ruled out as wedding tiara.

Here, Princess Lilian wears her tiara in 1982, a very nice pic IMO:
http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2827/tr20292.jpg
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Commoner

Carl Philip is the heir for Bertil and Lilian's house, so I'd have to asume that he's the heir for most of their other things and someday we'll see his wife in the laurel wreath.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Carl Philip is going to inherit Bertil's and Lilian's Stockholm villa, but all three royal children received equal parts of Prince Bertil's (considerable) fortune after his death (besides his widow, of course).
The same certainly goes regarding Princess Lilian's will, but it's most likely that the laurel wreath tiara - like other personally owned pieces - will become part of the Bernadotte Family Foundation.
Old 06-14-2010, 06:35 PM
Heir Presumptive

She should wear the broganza tiara, but whichever she wears, I say "God help her neck".
Old 06-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Thank you so much Boris for the information regarding the Swedish Laurel Wreath tiara. The picture is very nice - Princess Lilian alway was a very beautiful lady.
Old 06-19-2010, 02:13 PM
Nobility

AND - it was the Cameo tiara.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:30 AM
Commoner

I thought that the wedding was great. And I am so happy for Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel. I however thought that Tiara that she wore with her wedding dress was horrid. I didn't like that Tiara at all. I live here in the United States. And although I am American, and we don't really wear Tiaras like that. I think I would have chosen one better than that. The UK Royals have the best Royal Jewelry collection in the world. THAT IS FOR SURE!

Here in the U.S. that Tiara would be identical to a Burger King Crown. (I hate that I said that, but it's the truth).