The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-22-2010, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
Is there a difference between a tiara and a crown?
Tiara - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crown_(headgear)

A tiara doesn't have a back I don't think, for example

FileiademaDuquesaAngulemaLouvre Ars Summum Arte.JPG - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

but a crown does.

Not 100% though.

Old 03-22-2010, 11:01 AM
Serene Highness

I hope tradition is kept & Victoria wears the Cameo tiara.

Old 04-14-2010, 12:12 PM
Courtier

Get out your tissues, Cameo haters!

I guess, it will be the Cameo Tiara!
History and traditions - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

BYe Bine
Old 04-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Nobility

Never ever - PLEASE -mercy - she has worn such beautiful dresses recently (I really loved the delicate one from the Danish birthday celebrations) - so I assume that the wedding dress will be something like this ... and the Cameo woudl not fit at all. My tip is still the Connaught. let's make a bet.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:56 PM
Royal Highness

I agree so much! The Connaught tiara would make the much nicher wedding tiara, it is so lovely! Yet I am convinced that Victoria will not please me in that respect. I bet she'll wear the cameo tiara and I only hope that she will manage to look good with it (not an easy task imho, the cameo tiara just looks too solid, heavy and busy to go with a wedding dress.)
But I was wondering if the happy bride will also wear a special tiara for the pre-wedding festivities? Something she hasn't worn before, like the Connougth or the ruby tiara? Or maybe she will receive a tiara a wedding present, preferedly one with a family history, like the aquamarine tiara.
Please, please, please... not one of the button tiaras and not just a mere broock
Old 04-26-2010, 08:20 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bine221 View Post
Get out your tissues, Cameo haters!
This is good news for a cameo lover like me and in the swedish version of the page there is a picture of the tiara as well... Lets hope this means we are going to see Victoria in the cameo tiara on her wedding day
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Old 04-27-2010, 12:27 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

I'm thinking it will be the cameo tiara, just a feeling. I used to not like it, but the on the RJWB there were some close up shots of it and it really is beautiful.
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ugh, I really hope she doesn't wear the Cameo Tiara, it's so ugly. There are so many other beautiful tiaras she could get her hands on, she should choose one of them. She's already marrying on her parents' wedding anniversary, does she have to wear the same tiara?
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-27-2010, 12:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Irrespective of her choice of tiara, I am sure Victoria will look lovely at her wedding
Old 05-12-2010, 07:35 AM
Courtier

In one of the stamps printed to celebrate Victoria's wedding she's portrayed wearing the leaf tiara. Somebody knows why this choice?
Old 05-15-2010, 05:55 PM
Nobility

So we can start to guess.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...ojmenovan1.jpg

Realistically, it comes down to the Cameo or the Connaught.
My favorite is clear.
And yes - Queen Sylivia will show off either the Braganza or he Leuchtenberg.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Connaught Tiara would be lovely. I wish we could see her in a brand-new tiara, one given to her specifically for her wedding. There has to be something in the Swedish Crown Jewels we haven't seen.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 05-16-2010, 04:23 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
The Connaught Tiara would be lovely. I wish we could see her in a brand-new tiara, one given to her specifically for her wedding. There has to be something in the Swedish Crown Jewels we haven't seen.
Something tells me that Queen Silvia wouldn't let tiaras lie around unused, unless they were completely ugly. There is a slim chance that the King acquired back Princess Margaretha's aquamarine tiara. But if so, why didn't HM wear it? One possible explanation might be consideration for Princess Margaretha, not wanting to highlight the financial troubles of her husband again. If that were the case, it's likely that the tiara stays hidden in the vaults for a little longer.
How I would love to see CP Victoria receiving a tiara as a wedding present! But I think that she should wear an historical tiara with family history on the wedding day itself. I agree with Sister Morphine that the Connaught Tiara would be absolutely lovely. But I also think that the Cameo Tiara has far better chances to make the race.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:39 AM
Nobility

I did not know about the Aquamarine tiara - and the story. So I started to search for info. Maybe there are others around who are also interested.
Royal Jewels of the World Message Board: Re: Princess Benedikte's wedding photo / Princess Margaretha
I don't think that this tiara would be used as wedding tiara - it is a little bit too massive, but I like aquamarines and I find it sad that such beautiful pieces are sold and are not available anymore. In general I regret that members of RFs tend to sell pieces with historical value and that there is no attempt to aquire new pieces.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:47 AM
Super Moderator

The tiara was actually worn once as bridal tiara where Princess Margaretha daughter Sibylla married in 1998. This was also the last time it was seen.
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/top...ER00014584.jpg

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Royal Highness

Well, it looks quite nice, certainly much, much better than no wedding tiara at al!. And it was the only tiara available for Princess Margaretha's daughter.
But for CP Victoria? No way! She will wear one of the historic tiaras which have stayed in the main-line of the SRF. I can imagine her wearing it at the pre-wedding or as a wedding gift that she starts wearing after the wedding. But even that is fairly unlikely.
Who knows, maybe we will all be very surprised to see Princess Margreta herself wearing the aqua tiara.
Old 05-16-2010, 05:50 AM
Super Moderator

I too think that it's unlikely that Victoria will wear it on her Wedding Day. It would be nice to see Princess margaretha with it. perhaps the King has bought it back and is now lending it to her that she can wear it for the Wedding.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-16-2010, 06:24 AM
Royal Highness

If Princess Margarethe wears the tiara again, we won't know if it was purchased by the King or if she still owns it herself. But it would be wonderful to see it again and to know that it has not left the family.
Unlike Princess Christina, the other sisters are not often seen at white tie events (please correct me if I'm wrong). I am wondering if she ever attended any galas since the wedding of her daughter. Is it possible that she still owns the piece but just had no occasion to wear it during the past 12 years? (oh dear, I sound like I am very desperately clinging to the idea that the tiara was NOT sold.)
Old 05-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Nobility

According to official wedding website I think she WILL wear cameo tiara - there (in section Traditions,..) is said that it is tradition to wear this tiara and I think that Victoria will follow traditions (she share "traditional" wedding day so why not traditional tiara).. but there is always possibility she will wear other tiara, but I do not think so..
Old 05-16-2010, 07:41 AM
Super Moderator

She has attended her brothers 60th birthday gala after the Wedding of her daughter. But then she wore the amethysts.

Royal Travel and Events