Crown Princess Victoria Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I totally agree with the Jacknch summary – great ‘style analysis’.

I’ve never heard the story about the train of Queen Silvia being too short before, and I have a hard time believing it.
According to reports back then, Silvia intended her wedding dress to be simple and strict precisely because she wanted the veil and the cameo tiara to stand out. The whole ensemble was planned accordingly, and I can’t imagine Marc Bohan / Dior making such a mistake. The way the veil was folded was most likely tried out in advance – and turned out very beautiful too, IMO.
A heavy lace veil like this can have a dreaded ‘curtain’ effect (as it did on Princess Christina), and the ‘shorter veil on top’ effect on Silvia took care of that.

And in answer to jbccode99: I’m still clinging to the faint hope that someone at the Royal Court is listening and might use the occasion to reset the ‘buttons’ = rosettes.
They could form the new CP Victoria tiara, at a wedding there won’t be any undesirable ‘extravagance’ discussion about resetting them, and their flower shape would go beautifully with Queen Josefina’s veil.

I have to say I have also heared the story about the train beeing to short for the veil and that was why the veil was folded and they put som myrth from and old plant (from Queen Ingrid I belive) between her hair and veil. I seem to remeber it was Silvia who told it in an TV interview many years ago.

Hmm... it that's true after all, it might explain why Marc Bohan and Silvia had a fall-out: After getting her wedding gown and a whole 'trousseau' of evening dresses from him before the wedding, she never wore a Dior design again.
To wear the myrtle (that's what you mean by myrth, right?) in her hair had to be planned from the start though, since it's a tradition for Swedish brides.
And if the folded veil was an emergency solution, I have to say it's the one of the best 'style emergency' solutions I've seen.

No for any Button tiara:angry:

I've hope to see Cameo tiara (some kind of family wedding tradition?) but not opened too much
or Connaught Diamond Tiara. :flowers:
If not one of them she can wear even Nine Prong Diamond Tiara.

But I wouldn't be surprise if she would wear Baden Fringe Tiara. Isn't it her favourite tiara?

I think the most likely tiara for the wedding is the Cameo tiara. But i would love for Victoria to wear the ruby tiara (prob wont happen since the dispute between the king and prince sigvard would be all over the press again...) or the Cameo tiara. To reset the buttons in a new tiara also sounds fantastic + we never get to see them again... :lol: (in their current setting that is..)

I like the Jeep look.

The wedding tiara is almost certainly going to be the cameos. I would personally be really disappointed if it weren't.

I would like to see a diamond tiara with the wedding dress and veil. Like the beautiful connaught tiara.
But somehow I feel like she will wear the cameo. It would need a rather simple, elegant gown to go with it (no frills and stuff). And this would be exactly Victoria's style.

I hope the gown is less plain than her mother's. It's not my favorite, but I'm guessing on the cameo tiara too.

I think the most likely tiara for the wedding is the Cameo tiara. But i would love for Victoria to wear the ruby tiara (prob wont happen since the dispute between the king and prince sigvard would be all over the press again...) or the Cameo tiara. To reset the buttons in a new tiara also sounds fantastic + we never get to see them again... :lol: (in their current setting that is..)

What ruby tiara? Does anyone have a picture of this tiara?:flowers:

What ruby tiara? Does anyone have a picture of this tiara?:flowers:

This is the first time I'm trying to post a link. Hope it works!
This is a Dutch blog which has nice pictures of all the Swedish tiaras.
ZweedseJuweeltjes: Koning Edward VII tiara
Queen Silvia wore this tiara only once or twice. It is murmured that the ownership is not quite clear and the tiara is not worn in order to keep peace in the family. Sorry, I don't remember which relative also claims the tiara.
The text says that it was a gift from King Edward VII and Alexandra to Margareta van Connaught when she married the later King Gustaf VI Adold of Sweden on Juin 15th 1905.
It is such a pity we don't see it anymore and I would love to see Victoria wearing it. But for the wedding I would still prefer a diamond tiara.

I think the cut-steel tiara would also look nice if she wore her hair up with a veil over it ala CPss Mary on her wedding day.

I have to say that I love that ruby tiara, but I doubt it will be used a wedding tiara because it does have rubies in it. I'm sure Victoria will want to be traditional and keep the tiara as just clear stones or the rubies. I do love the Cameo tiara, it is really beautiful and is the likely contender for the bridal tiara--but I think if we do see a different tiara it will be either the Connaught diamond tiara, which is so gorgeous I literally begin to salivate when I see it or we will see the six button tiara. Which, I find to be really beautiful. Those rosettes are highly historical and significant to the royal family. It is also probably lightweight, which could play a factor in the decision. The Cameo looks very heavy to me. The Connaught is set in platinum, which is lightweight. But, I do like the idea of restructuring the six button tiara, and maybe putting some additional elements between the buttons to make it less stark. I don't know why everyone hates it so much, the history behind it makes it quite beautiful to me!

Thanks, Tilla
I am not a big fan of rubies but that tiara is stunning - I would wear it in a heartbeat!

Last edited by a moderator:
Girls, these tiaras are great!!! Each has something special. Thanks a lot!

I'm in the minority I know, but I cant stand the cameo tiara. Combined with that veil Queen silvia had...yikes. The word tablecloth comes to mind. I know some of you loved it but, not on my list of favorite royal bridal looks.

I am with you Scooter, I don't like it either. It looks so busy and over the top to me. But with the traditions it now has as a wedding tiara I fear that we will see it again next summer.
Does anyone agree that a diamond tiara is the perfect thing for a wedding? Some pearls in it would be ok, but please: no coloured stones, nor cameos!! It is supposed to be a white wedding after all...

The more photos I see of the Cameo Tiara confirm my opinion that it is a "special, unique and attention getting" tiara.

The present Queen was a very pretty young woman, but even for her the dress had to be so understated as to be almost invisible as the Cameo is just too busy, too much going on. In short, while it is a large and significant tiara, it is also the epitome of 'Dainty"

Victoria has her own style and can be very elegant. If she were to wear the Cameo all eyes would be on a tiara coming up the aisle!

IMHO Victoria's wedding should be an absolute stunner. The dress, the hair, the veil, the jewelry should be so romantiacally harmonious, so elegant that with her unique megawatt smile she will be so stunningly radiant that we will all say "here comes the future Queen".

I think they should look to Queen Elizabeth's wedding gown. It was a work of art. And it's colour . . . wow! Victoria is also a brunette and with all that golorious hair she could look fantastic.

I made a little photoshop to get an impression how the Cameo Tiara would look on Victoria
Link

I'm in the minority I know, but I cant stand the cameo tiara. Combined with that veil Queen silvia had...yikes. The word tablecloth comes to mind. I know some of you loved it but, not on my list of favorite royal bridal looks.

you are not minority!If i had to choose between the cameo or wear nothing on my head i'd choose the second.I find this tiara ridiculous and
kitsch

Stunning picture, Her Majesty! It's only a pity that it will be at least another year till we can varify if it is anything like the truth:flowers:

:previous: No! . . . no, no, no! It looks even worse than I imagined. Like a child's party hat, and the veil? Well let's just say least said soonest mended. :argh:

I will say that the diamond collet and dress look very interesting. Maybe that is the answer to the problem, a strapless or off the shoulder dress could help balance the "Monster", but that tablecloth really does have to go! :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I am sure that we won't see anything like a strapless dress. Usually royal brides wear long sleeves and avoid low necklines. It's all very decent!!
I still hope for a diamond tiara, but I don't mind the pic with the cameo. Let's not forget that it's photoshop! With the right hairdo to go with the tiara and a different veil it would look more harmonious.

...but that tablecloth really does have to go! :rolleyes:
What you are referring to as tablecloth is actually an old historic Veil, which was also worn by the Kings's sisters on their Weddings. So most likely Victroia will also wear it. But hopefully places in antóther way then on Silvia where the Veil was folded a few times. Fior example Princess Désirée used it together with some tulle over it.

I have to be honest. The kudos for the "tablecloth" reference more properly belong to Scooter. I just concur. . . . just as concurred as it can get. :D

Moving on, it may be historic but that does not make it beautiful or even just plain nice. What is it? Some kind of weird hazing ritual that the SRF inflicts on it's female members? Both Princess Desiree and Queen Silvia 't wore very high necklines and plain dresses so they wouldn't look totally OTT what with the Tiara and the Veil. :whistling:

This is the wedding of the Heir to the Throne. She who will be Queen. She should get to choose her own style. :flowers:

I understand the Swedish Royal family has a pink topaz parure. This might be pretty for CP Victoria or even the Queen.

I understand the Swedish Royal family has a pink topaz parure. This might be pretty for CP Victoria or even the Queen.

It's a demi-parure consisting of necklace, earrings and a brooch but no tiara which could be worn by Victoria as bride.

I´m almost certain that the Queen will wear the sapphire parure at the wedding (if it´s an afternoon wedding).

i am really curious wich tiara she will wear. i hope victoria will not chose one of the very large tiaras.
i would prefer one of the smaller tiaras.
or maybe a very new one... a wedding tiara. :)

i also hope some of the crown princesses will wear new tiaras for the wedding. but i guess this is wishful thinking. :lol:

Complete agreement about the lack of design on Queen Silvia's wedding gown. It, and that veil, were a complete failure--especially considering how wondefully she dresses now!
The Cameo tiara is beautiful--I would prefer a reworked version of the buttons tiara because I think that they would be beautiful with a veil--but, the odds I do believe, are on the Cameo--although, Victoria will be next Queen--not just a Consort--so maybe we'll see something different from her mom. Who knows! But, the Cameo is a substantial piece--not unlike the Poltimore worn by Princess Margaret. I would like to see something similar to Margaret's wedding gown (which is somewhat similar to Grace's)--with the hair all up and elaborate!!

Stefan is correct: The ruby parure was first owned by Désirée Bernadotte (born Clary) before she became Queen of Sweden; it was left to Queen Josefina (born de Beauharnais - Leuchtenberg), who gave it as a wedding gift to her granddaughter, and that's when it first came to the Danish royal family.

To return to the subject here:
By now, neither the four- nor the six-rosettes ('button') tirara has been seen worn for quite some time.
If they still remain un-seen during the upcoming Nobel festivities, I would be starting to hope that there might be a new flower tiara in the making, using the rosettes in a new design and ready in time for the wedding...
Far-fetched, but not impossible.

Just like the thought of the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara: Its fate remains unresolved, and there is a faint possibility that the King might have bought it back from his sister Princess Margaretha.

Back
Top Bottom