Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?

• The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • The Spencer Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • The Rundell Diamond Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • The Middletons will buy her a new one

• Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair.

• None of the Above

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duchessmary

Serene Highness
City
San Diego
Country
United States
I wonder which of Diana's jewels we'll start seeing in the near future!

Tiaras and Jewels for Catherine Middleton

My idea - the Strathmore tiara for the wedding. It is a nice tiara - roses - very suitable. :)

My idea - the Strathmore tiara for the wedding. It is a nice tiara - roses - very suitable. :)

I completely agree! It is a smaller tiara that would not overpower Kate's petite frame. I think it would be wonderfully young and fresh on her.

I strongly believe we'll see Kate with the strathmore rose possibly for the wedding or her time as princess. Yet Diana got a rather large tiara when she married, so maybe kate will get a large tiara too?

Don't you think Kate will receive (use of) more than one tiara? In addition to the Lover's Knot tiara given to Diana by the Queen, Diana also had use of her Spencer family tiara (which she wore often). I can't imagine the Middletons have a family tiara hidden in the basement vault!

I actually fully expect the Middleton's to buy her a tiara. I reckon they've had enough time to save up money for one and it would leave the Middleton mark if the tiara gets passed on to future heirs and their spouses.

I think the Strathmore would look smashing on Kate!

Don't you think Kate will receive (use of) more than one tiara? In addition to the Lover's Knot tiara given to Diana by the Queen, Diana also had use of her Spencer family tiara (which she wore often). I can't imagine the Middletons have a family tiara hidden in the basement vault!

I think she might recieve one or two from the queen, maybe one as a gift from Charles? And the rest is up to her and William. I highly doubt the Mideltons have a family tiara as they are self made millionaires.

Someone just mentioned this on the other boards, but Duchess of Portlands jewels are up for auction soon and those sapphire pieces would look lovely on Kate with that ring.

Can't wait to see what beautiful pieces Catherine will receive from the Arab world as wedding gifts. Also hope to see the Queen give her some nice pieces. Interesting times ahead for us jewel watchers. I guess we will soon find out which pieces of Diana's collection went to William and what went to Harry.

I think the Strathmore would look smashing on Kate!

I agree! I also think "the girls of Great Britain" or "Granny's tiara" as Queen Elizabeth calls it would look nice. I hope she wears her hair up for once.
:princess3:

Someone just mentioned this on the other boards, but Duchess of Portlands jewels are up for auction soon and those sapphire pieces would look lovely on Kate with that ring.

Is there a link for this auction? I would like to see the pieces.

Can't wait to see what beautiful pieces Catherine will receive from the Arab world as wedding gifts. Also hope to see the Queen give her some nice pieces. Interesting times ahead for us jewel watchers. I guess we will soon find out which pieces of Diana's collection went to William and what went to Harry.

Oh I bet the jewels from the Arab families will be beautiful! Who could forget the sapphires Diana received from the Saudi family?

But this makes me wonder if the BRF are the only ones to receive jewels from the Arabs or has the other CP's gotten some as well?

As long as the Queen doesn't cobble something together from leftover bits and pieces in the vault for Catherine, like she did for Sophie.

I've always love that ring. I understand passing down family heirlooms, etc., but I really wish she had gotten her own ring. She's in Diana's shadow enough as it is (put there mostly by the press with their endless comparisons). I like the necklace and earrings. I wonder if we'll see the Lover's Knot tiara on Catherine's wedding day or if the Queen will cobble something togethor from the vaults (like she did for Sophie, Countess of Wessex).

I was also thinking if the Lovers Knot tiara will reappear. It was a lovely tiara, and would be very suitable for a young princess - substantial, yet delicate. I also think that HM might hand over her fringe tiara to Kate.

Personally I was thrilled to have a looksee at that gorgeous ring after so many years locked away!!

I'm so curious to see if and what other jewels of Diana's she will wear over the years or at her wedding.

I would love to see her in the Lovers Knot tiara and Dianas pearl earrings, but I'm sure she will have some of her own new pieces to debut for us!!

I'd quite like to see her inherit the use of Diana's sapphire jewellery. The saudi suite and the brooch and pearl strands which form that most splendid choker aswell.

As long as the Queen doesn't cobble something together from leftover bits and pieces in the vault for Catherine, like she did for Sophie.
But , at least, weren't Sophie's bits and pieces historical :cool:? (that's what I have read in the forum anyway). I don't think that the Queen would give to her more than one piece, not no mention it would not look very good under the current economy. But perhaps Charles and Camilla will offer her a nice gift and maybe there are some inherited pieces from QEQM that we don't know of and could be used to create a new tiara And I too hope that the Middletons would give her a nice tiara or a demi parure. Not anything big and unaffordable, I am thinking something in the same league as Mary of Denmark's wedding tiara. And then, her husband can complete her tiara collection with bigger and more glittering staff in due time:D)

Last edited:

OMG yes! Historic or not that is the ugliest tiara...she looks like a viking! :eek:

she looks like a viking! :eek:
Sophie or the tiara. Calling Sophie a viking is a bit harsh.
I loved Sophie's wedding tiara.

How many tiaras does Catherine have to choose from, or do you think she will recieve a new one?

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree! I also think "the girls of Great Britain" or "Granny's tiara" as Queen Elizabeth calls it would look nice. I hope she wears her hair up for once.
That is one of HM's favourite tiaras. Imo it is unlikely that Kate will get to wear it while the Queen is alive.
Anice tiara for Kate would also be the Ladys of Enlgand tiara (don't know if this is the correct) name which was a Wedding gift to Queen Mary who wore it a few times for official pics as Duchess of York/Princess of Wales.
That's a wonderful idea, I hope the Queen has it still in her possession. What about the Surrey tiara? It might also be hidden in the vaults.

Imo the Strathmore Rose tiara is a likely and beautiful choice. But now that Kate has received Diana's engagement ring I won't rule out the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara anymore. The fringe tiara also seems possible. The Rundell is too big, imo Kate will have to do with something smaller to start with.

I guess that Kate will receive only one tiara to start with, and we won't see her wearing it often, as she is going to be an army wife in Wales for some years. So they might not attend state banquets frequently. But after a couple of years she might get the sapphire bandeau of Queen Mary. It would be perfect with her engagement ring!

If she gets a tiara from the Queen the question is if she can chosse herself or it's the Queen who makes the choice.

The question is if the Rundell tiara still exists as it waslast worn by Queen Alexandra. Also the surrey fringe tiara was only worn by Queen Mary when she was Duchess of York/Princess of Wales and not seen since.
As for the Strathmore Rose tiara apparently it's in bad condition and would need repair to be worn.

I also think we will not see Catherine much in tiaras after the Wedding as so far Prince William hasn't attended State Banquets.

I really wish the Queen would allow the brides to choose what they want to wear for the wedding and then maybe pick out a tiara to loan.

For the wedding I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland would look nice.
For loan I think the "scroll" tiara would suit her.
:queen3:

Girls of Great Britain is a very very important tiara to give Kate on her wedding day.
I don't think she is ever going to get to wear that tiara until she is Princess of Wales and/or The Queen.

Has that tiara ever been worn by anyone other than HM?

HM has used the Girls of Great Britain tiara extensively, and is unlikely to part with it in her lifetime.
The tiara was previously used by Queen Mary, hence it is referred to as "Granny's Tiara"

I really wish the Queen would allow the brides to choose what they want to wear for the wedding and then maybe pick out a tiara to loan.

For the wedding I think the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland would look nice.
For loan I think the "scroll" tiara would suit her.
:queen3:

Highly unlikely, IMO. The best that Kate can expect is that HM provides her access to 2-3 tiaras and asks her to choose one. The Girls will not be part of that selection.

There is no way she will wear the Spencer tiara, that would be too much Diana.
I could imagine that either HM will make the choice or that Prince Charles will commission a new piece as a wedding gift.

I think she should wear the Spencer tiara.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom