Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?

• The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • The Spencer Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • The Rundell Diamond Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • The Middletons will buy her a new one

• Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair.

• None of the Above

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the count is somewhere up around thirty. But not all would be suitable, as colored stones are probably not appropriate for the wedding, and HM has rubies, emeralds, aquamarines, sapphires, etc., not just plain diamond ones...

What's the name of the tiaras Anne and Diana wore for their weddings? I'm rethinking the fringe tiara now:)

What's the name of the tiaras Anne and Diana wore for their weddings? I'm rethinking the fringe tiara now:)

Anne wore the Fringe tiara, Diana wore the Spencer tiara. We know the latter is absolutely out of the question, as for the former, it has the pattern of being worn by the daughters of the sovereign for their weddings; while Zara isn't the daughter of the sovereign, she's the granddaughter of the sovereign, so it's more likely that she'll wear it.

Colored stones (and gowns) are perfectly suitable if the bride wants to wear them. However, the tradition of a white wedding generally means diamonds.

Colored stones (and gowns) are perfectly suitable if the bride wants to wear them. However, the tradition of a white wedding generally means diamonds.

I am not aware of the last time a British royal bride wore a tiara with coloured stones - though I agree, I see absolutely no reason why they cannot be worn.

I wonder could it be a huge surprise.... something none of us thought of. A tiara thats been hidden away for decades, or a necklace thats been converted to a new tiara, or indeed a brand new tiara made from stones from old pieces no longer used.

Catherine has said that she wants what she will be wearing on the day to be a complete surprise to William as its the only thing she can keep secret.... how do we know she hasnt pulled up something from the vaults he has never seen.

This time tomorrow we'll all know :)

Did you see the photo of Michael Middleton leaving the Goring Hotel yesterday with a leather briefcase and 3-4 men surrounding him? Makes me think that he was carrying something very valuable as I don't believe he has personal protection officers. Maybe he did buy/borrow a tiara for his daughter? :flowers:

Did you see the photo of Michael Middleton leaving the Goring Hotel yesterday with a leather briefcase and 3-4 men surrounding him? Makes me think that he was carrying something very valuable as I don't believe he has personal protection officers. Maybe he did buy/borrow a tiara for his daughter? :flowers:

If by briefcase you mean something similar to what my dad takes to the office with him, I doubt a tiara would fit without being smashed. I suppose I'd need to see a picture.

Im sure any tiara that Kate will wear will be delivered tomorrow morning just incase there is a break in or something. The Middletons have been surrounded with bodyguards all day, so I don't think its because of a tiara or anything.

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Middleton's suites at the Goring to find out which tiara it will be! I can't wait! Dumb question: will she wear a tiara tonight?

Oh to be a fly on the wall in the Middleton's suites at the Goring to find out which tiara it will be! I can't wait! Dumb question: will she wear a tiara tonight?

It would be extremely surprising if Catherine wore a tiara to her private dinner with her family, unless she was practising!

Catherine isn't attending any function tonight that would require her to wear a tiara. Both her and William are spending the evening with their own families.

The heads and criteria to be a Hollywood star were that you had to have a larger head than usual plenteous hair chiselled and beautiful symmetrical features,.with great teeth and wonderful smile and have these naturally. Kate is blessed with these.You like the tiara and I don't. agree to disagree.

I'm very interested to know where I may find this criteria. I can think of several people who are/were Hollywood stars who do not fit the description.

I am not aware of the last time a British royal bride wore a tiara with coloured stones - though I agree, I see absolutely no reason why they cannot be worn.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a British royal bride who wore anything but diamonds! It would be nice to be dazzled with something different (i.e., CP Victoria's cameos).

Last edited:
In response to sister morphine and texankitkat, and I am sorry for the delay, I am aware of who has and has not worn tiaras at their weddings. Several of my friends wore family ones at theirs, however my Grandmother was rather "old fashioned" in her ideas.
For myself I would love to see Catherine wear any one of the following;
The Strathmore Rose
Queen Mothers Scroll
Ladies of England (not the same as the ladies of Great Britain )
Duchess of Teck
County of Surrey ( if it still exists )

However what ever she wears I am sure Catherine will look beautiful, and cannot wait to read peoples comments . :flowers:

I'm very interested to know where I may find this criteria. I can think of several people who are/were Hollywood stars who do not fit the description.

Come to think of it, I can't think of a British royal bride who wore anything but diamonds! It would be nice to be dazzled with something different (i.e., CP Victoria's cameos).
Pm me and i will divulge otherwise it is third party infringement and that is not allowed on this board.no offence.

mgrant said:
Dumb question: will she wear a tiara tonight?

if you mean the second reception for family/friends I actually wouldn't be surprised if she didn't wear her tiara, maybe it's more 'relaxed'......

Last edited:
I think the topic of the Spencer tiara is relevant. It is one of the most classic and instantly recognizable tiaras in the world.

I am surprised to read (above) that the tiara actually belonged to Charles. Is that true? I thought it belonged to the Spencers and there's another thread here on TRF where people are discussing Diana's brother's rudeness in demanding it back (as she had other tiaras to wear and his wife did not).

I had always heard that story as true - but it really belonged to Charles?

On several blogs it is said to be assembled from several pieces of jewelry belonging to the Spencer and Montague families, although no one can verify that it's really 18th century (probably not).

At any rate, I thought most people here had ruled it out because it belongs to the Spencers and wouldn't make sense for Kate to wear.

News story today (AP is one source) says it's the Fringe tiara:

The Queen's Fringe tiara tipped to be Kate's headpi | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

I must say that I can picture the Fringe on Kate.

I think the topic of the Spencer tiara is relevant. It is one of the most classic and instantly recognizable tiaras in the world.

I am surprised to read (above) that the tiara actually belonged to Charles. Is that true? I thought it belonged to the Spencers and there's another thread here on TRF where people are discussing Diana's brother's rudeness in demanding it back (as she had other tiaras to wear and his wife did not).

I had always heard that story as true - but it really belonged to Charles?

On several blogs it is said to be assembled from several pieces of jewelry belonging to the Spencer and Montague families, although no one can verify that it's really 18th century (probably not).

At any rate, I thought most people here had ruled it out because it belongs to the Spencers and wouldn't make sense for Kate to wear.

News story today (AP is one source) says it's the Fringe tiara:

The Queen's*Fringe tiara tipped to be Kate's headpi | Latest celebrity news hellomagazine.com

I must say that I can picture the Fringe on Kate.

Charles Spencer, her brother, not Charles her then-husband.

ok, I not sure but I think you might be confused.... Diana's brother is Charles Edward Maurice Spencer, 9th Earl Spencer...not The Prince of Wales

Lady Ann, who were you responding to -- myself or PrincessKaimi?

With news of the fully grown trees decorating the Abbey, I'm now leaning towards the Strathmore Rose tiara but haven't discounted the Middletons buying Catherine her very own tiara.

They strike me as a proud and independent family and don't appear to be going the same way as other in-laws (in terms of staying at the Queen Mother's residence like the Rhys-Jones' for example).

If the dress designer is in fact Burton, then I think the fringe would be the tiara - it could easily carry a grand gown with a modern edge. We shall see! I can see the Kokoshnik with a Burton gown, too, but that's a whole lot of bling (not that there's anything wrong with that).

If the dress designer is in fact Burton, then I think the fringe would be the tiara - it could easily carry a grand gown with a modern edge. We shall see! I can see the Kokoshnik with a Burton gown, too, but that's a whole lot of bling (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I agree I thought it would be the Strathmore Rose but as it appears Sarah Burton is probably the designer I think the fringe will be the tiara. It would go better with Burton's types of gowns.

If her dress is grand than I suggest a simple tiara but if her dress is simple than I would love to see a big tiara & jewels.

Even though I doubt that this will happen, I'd LOVE if Catherine wore the Londonderry Tiara.

Probably will end up being the fringe.....

So it was just announced that William and Katherine will be titled Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Hmm... is it possible that we'll see the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara today?

I am really starting to think that there will be no tiara.

So it was just announced that William and Katherine will be titled Duke and Duchess of Cambridge. Hmm... is it possible that we'll see the Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara today?

Thena, I had the same thought. And while I personally think that Catherine could pull this off, and would look magnificent... I hope that she receives another for the wedding and receives the Cambridge in time.

My pick is for the Strathmore Rose, or the Teck Crescent. My early pick was the Surrey Loop, but I have been informed that it is believed to be dismantled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom