Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?

• The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • The Spencer Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • The Rundell Diamond Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • The Middletons will buy her a new one

• Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair.

• None of the Above

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Dazz! I couldn't click on the link for the 25 Tiaras that the article mentions. Was anyone else successful?

Honestly, with all the "royal experts" that have commented on this wedding, I wish some of us at TRF had done the deed. Some of the information that is being provided is simply awful.

I agree Dazz! I couldn't click on the link for the 25 Tiaras that the article mentions. Was anyone else successful?

Honestly, with all the "royal experts" that have commented on this wedding, I wish some of us at TRF had done the deed. Some of the information that is being provided is simply awful.

On the lft side there is a pic: Slideshwo: The tiara of the Royal Family. If you click on it you well get the pics.

Just had a thought - perhaps Camilla might lend her the Boucheron Honeycomb or the Delhi Durbar for the day - it could be Catherine's something borrowed...and would be a strong statement about welcoming Catherine into the family and Camilla's position...

The Delhi Durbar is way too big. It looks too big on Camilla, it would dwarf Catherine's head.

I agree...the honeycomb and Dehli Durbar are the biggest and ugliest tiaras I've seen. Catherine should have something much more fresh and delicate

I agree...the honeycomb and Dehli Durbar are the biggest and ugliest tiaras I've seen. Catherine should have something much more fresh and delicate
I'm thinking the Ladies of England.... if it still exists. It is pearl and diamonds and looks something like the Girls of great britain and Ireland.

I'm thinking the Ladies of England.... if it still exists. It is pearl and diamonds and looks something like the Girls of great britain and Ireland.

I wasn't aware of that tiara before last month, and what a nice discover it was :flowers:.
I blame the Dutch and Luxembourg Royalhouses for making me crave spetacular tiaras :lol:.

QEII doesn't strike me as someone who overthink her jewels choices. The ones that are there she uses and the ones broken or in a fragile state she let it be (that's how I see).
With a major related to art and history I hope eventually Catherine will get to display those "new old" pieces.

Sister Morphine said:
The Delhi Durbar is way too big. It looks too big on Camilla, it would dwarf Catherine's head.

I agree. I didn't bring it up because it is so large. It was large for Camilla, also, in my opinion. It's an impressive tiara, but it is HUGE!!! I can't think of anyone who can wear it well.

firebee34 said:

I see Kate in something with a little height but delicate in design. All the ones I can think of belong to the Queen.
Also, I see the Spencer tiara as an option. She's wearing Diana's engagement ring. Her wearing the Spencer tiara isn't that much of a stretch. It might not happen but I think it might be sorta pretty on Kate.

The tiara Kate would wear on her wedding, would that be given to her to use later on or would that just be when she is allowed to? I hope Kate gets a tiara that has not been seen reentry or worn much in the past. SOmething new for use to see again and something that wont be compared to a lot.
When Princess Mary of Denmark got married, the tiara worn on her wedding day was given to her which if not mistaken was the families and is worn for other events as well.

I see Kate in something with a little height but delicate in design. All the ones I can think of belong to the Queen.
Also, I see the Spencer tiara as an option. She's wearing Diana's engagement ring. Her wearing the Spencer tiara isn't that much of a stretch. It might not happen but I think it might be sorta pretty on Kate.

The Spencer tiara keeps getting mentioned and the answer is always the same. She's not entitled to wear it. The Spencer tiara is reserved for Spencer brides; i.e. women marrying into the Spencer family or Spencer women marrying into another family. Catherine is neither of those things. She's a Middleton, and she's marrying into the Windsor family. Diana wore it on her wedding day because she was a Spencer bride; a Spencer woman marrying into another family.

She has no right or entitlement to it.

Last edited:
is that a picture of a video or a picture of a video of a picture?:lol:
I asked because it's hard to say if she's sporting an actual hairdo or just decided to have her hair up.

I think that the picture is from a tv show. It was shown with photos of her arriving at the hairdresser, and of her sitting in the chair as well. I'll try to find it. She was wearing the same outfit she wore when she lunched with Camilla.

http://www.iol.co.za/tonight/kate-indulges-in-retail-therapy-1.1060458
She left the salon with her tresses arranged in what appeared to be an artfully dishevelled bun, sparking further speculation as to whether the 29-year-old will wear her hair up or down for the ceremony.

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
The Spencer tiara keeps getting mentioned and the answer is always the same. She's not entitled to wear it. The Spencer tiara is reserved for Spencer brides; i.e. women marrying into the Spencer family or Spencer women marrying into another family. Catherine is neither of those things. She's a Middleton, and she's marrying into the Windsor family. Diana wore it on her wedding day because she was a Spencer bride; a Spencer woman marrying into another family.

Sorry. I'm not as well versed as you and others are.

Do the children's ancestry only come through the father? I wasn't aware of that. How can Prince William only be a Windsor and not also a Spencer? I certainly consider myself as much a member of my mother's family as I do my father's family. Since Prince William is a member of the Spencer family as well as the Windsor family, isn't Kate marrying into the Spencer family as well as the Windsor family?

That's where genealogy gets convoluted!! If you are marrying the heir's heir, then you marry into HIS family, doesn't matter who HIS mother was. The Spencer family tiara belongs to the Spencers, NOT the Windsors. I think it is enough they used Diana's engagement ring. Let Kate have HER day. She has the nod to Diana on her hand. My advice to Kate: BE YOURSELF!!!!!!

No, but I'm fairly confident that if William were to call up Uncle Spencer and ask to borrow it that he would not be denied, for a number of reasons.

Sorry. I'm not as well versed as you and others are.

Don't worry about mgrant. Its all good:flowers:

Really the Spencer Tiara is a beautiful tiara but there are plenty of jewels in the Windsor vault that Kate can wear.

And yes, William is half Spencer half Windsor but Catherine is marrying into the House of Windsor (add Mountbatten if you like).
Now if Kate was from an established family with a tiara of their won, than I expect she would wear that. I just don't think that has been the case.

I believe that the late Duchess of Kent (Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark) wore a tiara that had been in her family, as did Princess Alexandra of Denmark (when marrying The Prince of Wales) and the late Duchess of Gloucester.

Sister Morphine said:

So..... I imagine if she shows up in it you'll be pretty shocked ;) lol!

As a reminder...the wedding of William and Catherine is getting a lot of media attention and a lot of newbies to the world of royalty and those who don't regularly follow the British Royals (there are some people who prefer the Dutch for example:flowers:) are discovering TRF.

Some of us are very knowledgable about the British Royal Family and some of us are on a learning curve. Let's be courteous and kind to those who might not know as much as we do and don't have the time to read 57 pages of Catherine's Wedding Tiara and Jewels to catch up with what we know.

Thanks!

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Do the children's ancestry only come through the father? I wasn't aware of that. How can Prince William only be a Windsor and not also a Spencer? I certainly consider myself as much a member of my mother's family as I do my father's family. Since Prince William is a member of the Spencer family as well as the Windsor family, isn't Kate marrying into the Spencer family as well as the Windsor family?

No one is saying that William is not half-Spencer. He is. The point is, when you a marry a man, you take his last name (or at least, most women do). Therefore, you're marrying into THAT family. If my husband's last name is Jones, and his mother's maiden name was Smith, I'm not marrying into the Smith family, I'm marrying into the Jones family.

So it doesn't matter what William's late mother's maiden name was. His family as a royal, is the House of Windsor. That's the family Catherine is marrying into.

Sister Morphine said:
No one is saying that William is not half-Spencer. He is. The point is, when you a marry a man, you take his last name (or at least, most women do). Therefore, you're marrying into THAT family. If my husband's last name is Jones, and his mother's maiden name was Smith, I'm not marrying into the Smith family, I'm marrying into the Jones family.

So it doesn't matter what William's late mother's maiden name was. His family as a royal, is the House of Windsor. That's the family Catherine is marrying into.

So....if I take ny husbands last name I'm marrying into to his family, is he marrying into mine if he doesn't take my last name? And since I took his last name I'm only marrying into his Dads side of the family, not his mom's? I think we will have to agree to disagree on this-

She's marrying into the BRF insitution, that I agree with- and I get your point in that way

I agree. I didn't bring it up because it is so large. It was large for Camilla, also, in my opinion. It's an impressive tiara, but it is HUGE!!! I can't think of anyone who can wear it well.

The only one with the stature to wear it was Queen Mary. Take a look at her here:

Golden Aged: Delhi Durbar

The only one with the stature to wear it was Queen Mary.
Oh, I don't know ... I think anyone with a serious updo, a very tight corset and a sense of entitlement could pull it off. ;) :D

The only one with the stature to wear it was Queen Mary. Take a look at her here:

Golden Aged: Delhi Durbar

It does look good on her! I always thought Queen Mary was a beautiful woman. :flowers:

Oh, I don't know ... I think anyone with a serious updo, a very tight corset and a sense of entitlement could pull it off. ;) :D

Well,that leaves me out!:ROFLMAO:

Don't worry about mgrant. Its all good:flowers:

Really the Spencer Tiara is a beautiful tiara but there are plenty of jewels in the Windsor vault that Kate can wear.

And yes, William is half Spencer half Windsor but Catherine is marrying into the House of Windsor (add Mountbatten if you like).
Now if Kate was from an established family with a tiara of their won, than I expect she would wear that. I just don't think that has been the case.

I believe that the late Duchess of Kent (Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark) wore a tiara that had been in her family, as did Princess Alexandra of Denmark (when marrying The Prince of Wales) and the late Duchess of Gloucester.

Thanks, Zonk.:)

Last edited by a moderator:
It does look good on her! I always thought Queen Mary was a beautiful woman. :flowers:

I agree--she was really statuesque and commanding, and she WORE her clothes and jewels--they didn't wear her!

Actually Princess Marina's wedding tiara was a wedding gift. I cannot recall who from! Her daughter wore the same tiara at her wedding as did Princess Michael at the evening reception in Vienna after her civil wedding.
Princess Alexandra of Denmark wore the Rundell Parure at her wedding. This was a gift from her bridegroom.

Hopefully we will see the Rundell again on the 29th:flowers:

I agree--she was really statuesque and commanding, and she WORE her clothes and jewels--they didn't wear her!
YES!!!!!:)

Actually Princess Marina's wedding tiara was a wedding gift. I cannot recall who from! Her daughter wore the same tiara at her wedding as did Princess Michael at the evening reception in Vienna after her civil wedding.
Princess Alexandra of Denmark wore the Rundell Parure at her wedding. This was a gift from her bridegroom.

Hopefully we will see the Rundell again on the 29th:flowers:

Does anyone have a pix of the Rundell? I'd love to see it...

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom