Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?

• The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • The Spencer Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • The Rundell Diamond Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • The Middletons will buy her a new one

• Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair.

• None of the Above

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
She doesn't have to wear one, there's no "rule," but if Autumn Kelly can wear one without being called a social-climbing, uncaring, "let 'em eat cake" snob, then I guess that Miss Middleton can walk down the aisle in Westminster Abbey with 29 million people watching real-time around the world and get away with wearing a tiara!

There most certainly IS! :ohmy: I wanna see a tiara! (stomping foot)

Yes, she probably could.... but for the estimated 2 billion people expected to be watching, it would be snoozville if she doesn't have a certain WOW factor. Either in the dress or the headpiece... whatever it may be.

And our standards for WOW are probably pretty high, what with all the episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" that Americans watch! (I feel ya!)

And our standards for WOW are probably pretty high, what with all the episodes of "Say Yes to the Dress" that Americans watch! (I feel ya!)

I wonder if Kate ever reads any of these blogs? I know if I were marrying a future King I would be reading what people are thinking about my upcoming wedding. So I say.... super long ornate train and a fabulous tiara! :lol: Don't let us down!

Talbot Church writes satire. I thought that the first Talbot Church article I read was rather strange. But then, when I realized that it was satire, it all started falling into place. His/her work is quite funny.

Is Talbot Church a "reliable source"?

Possible wedding tiaras

Has anyone considered the possibility that Catherine will wear the Hanover Russian Fringe tiara? This is the tiara which the Queen herself borrowed from her mother for her own wedding in 1947 and which she in turn lent to Princess Anne for her wedding in 1973. I think that it could work quite well with the simple and elegant gown that I believe it is likely that Catherine will choose. I don not believe that this is a tiara which the Queen actually wears herself, so it may be available for Catherine’s use.

I notice there has been a lot of discussion about the Cambridge Lover’s Knots tiara, which I think is very pretty and could also be a possible tiara for Catherine’s wedding day. As she already has Diana’ engagement ring, it does not seem impossible that she might wear a tiara which Diana also wore.

I do not particularly like the Strathmore Rose tiara and do not think that it is necessary for Catherine to choose a tiara which is lighter in style. She seems to be a regal lady who would be able to carry a slightly more substantial piece. I am also hoping that she does not wear the Scroll tiara for the same reasons.

I have two personal favourites: the Papyrus tiara, worn by the Queen Mother when she was Duchess of York and later by Princess Margaret. There seems to be some confusion as to the present whereabouts of this tiara. On Princess Margaret’s death, did it pass to Lady Sarah Chatto, or was it perhaps returned to the Queen?

and

The Rundell tiara, which belonged to Queen Alexandra, a wedding gift from her husband and worn on her wedding day, a lovely regal piece. Unfortunately there seems to be some doubt as to whether this tiara is still in existence. Let’s hope that it’s there somewhere.

Whichever tiara she wears, I think it likely that it will be provided by the Queen with the intention that Catherine will retain it for her use, but that it still remains the property of the Queen.

Lady-Jayne said:
Has anyone considered the possibility that Catherine will wear the Hanover Russian Fringe tiara? .

Yes :) I think we've discussed almost every tiara possible ......thank you for your excellent post!

She could show up with a bucket of fried chicken on her head -- as long as she shows up, that's the important thing.

MMMM.. finger lickin' good bride! :ROFLMAO:

So I just posted a question in the wrong thread. Does the Queen usually lend out any of her "regular" tiaras, the ones she wears frequently?

Yes, she probably could.... but for the estimated 2 billion people expected to be watching, it would be snoozville if she doesn't have a certain WOW factor. Either in the dress or the headpiece... whatever it may be.

Although its true that whatever Kate does wear, it will be historical such as HM's wedding dress, Victoria's myrtle and the pieces of wedding cake from Charles and Diana's sold on Ebay, we have to remember its THEIR wedding. They are not dressing for the crowds gathered around the tube or in the streets. This is not an entertainment reality show but a window into a very meaningful ceremony for William and Kate. I really think that they will pleasantly surprise us all.

The only difficulty is that in a some will see it as their future king and queen marrying and they should think in some part about what the masses want and expect. It is unfortunate though. i wish they could have a beautiful private wedding with their family and friends and just celebrate their union without all the scutiny, expectation and hoopla. And over a tiara!!! Lol!!!

The only difficulty is that in a some will see it as their future king and queen marrying and they should think in some part about what the masses want and expect. It is unfortunate though. i wish they could have a beautiful private wedding with their family and friends and just celebrate their union without all the scutiny, expectation and hoopla. And over a tiara!!! Lol!!!

We all know William was expected to have the big fat royal wedding and I think they are honestly enjoying giving us one too. The traditions and the pomp and circumstance of the day are things that both William and Kate knew was expected of them and I don't expect any less. I really don't see them giving one fig newton (now I want cookies) about what the press or Joe Brown down the street say about how they do it.

As I see it, Wills and Kate have been together for a long time already, have lived together and been through ups and downs together. They actually already have the marriage which is between two people. This is their wedding where they declare it to the world.

Very true! But there has to come a point in their minds where they may wish they didn't have to deal with all the pomp and press and traditions. I know I would, but it is expected because of who William is. Still it must get overwhelming.

Very true! But there has to come a point in their minds where they may wish they didn't have to deal with all the pomp and press and traditions. I know I would, but it is expected because of who William is. Still it must get overwhelming.

Oh I'm sure it does. There's been a bit of talk about all the weight Kate has lost leading up to this wedding too. I seriously think too that this is why they've waited but probably knew that they would one day marry years ago. What is nice though is through the engagement period when William has to be in Wales on duty, they've been tucked away there together. That gave them the strength I think to face the engagements they've done as a happy couple.

I've spend more time thinking about this wedding than I probably should.
Now that the end is near and so we face the final curtain :whistling: I'm more realistic about the whole thing and trying to take a less dreamy approach, (although it's hard).

If Catherine decides not to wear a Tiara I would be disappointed, but that wouldn't be end of the world. If the dress makes a statement by itself I'll be able to recover ! :p

(as from now my only seriously concern is that no one would get hurt or that those groups against the ceremony while protesting, do it in a civilized manner)

Although my expectation is that Kate will wear a tiara for the wedding, what alternatives could there be if she decides not to wear one, apart from a circle of flowers or something? What styles of flowers/headpieces would be fitting for a royal wedding? Are we to see a stuffed bird like the Sex In The City Wedding????

It's bad enough deciding on what tiara might be used and now that idea of there being no tiara has been thrown into the ring it's become really complicated!

(as from now my only seriously concern is that no one would get hurt or that those groups against the ceremony while protesting, do it in a civilized manner)

I really do think in a subtle way this is a big concern for all involved planning the royal wedding and could even be a reason why its been announced that Kate will arrive by car. IIRC, she will be using the car that Charles and Camilla used when they were assaulted by protesters not long ago. if I read right, the car they used was then worked on to make it more secure and safe. With this plan in place, should there be any indication of trouble going to the Abbey, I'm sure there's alternate plans for the procession back to Buckingham Palace.

Actually all this is good. As the taxpayers are paying for all of the security details, it also serves a purpose in preparation for 2012 with the Queen's Jubilee and the 2012 Olympic Games in London. I'll bet a dozen of my favorite doughnuts that the security in London will be top notch not only for the wedding but for all future events.

(runs away from the hoards of bobbies after her doughnuts)

I dont think she should wear a distracting large tiara,like Queen Marys Loop tiara.I dont remember the last time a royal has worn that tiara.Does anyone know?

I believe that the only one who ever wore it was Mary and that before she became Queen....and given her tendency to break things up and create new peices there is a good chance that the Loop tiara didn't last very long in her hands ;)

While I can't swear to it. I do believe QM's diamond loop tiara was dismantled.
I would like to see the Rundell brought out for this wedding. Maybe even with the stars attached. Diamond stars seem to be popular for royal brides.....

Mia_mae: Your latest post makes good sense, even if we (and millions of others) will miss seeing the bling that only royalty can do with propriety.

If true, then it definitely makes sense that Catherine would wear a much-lower profile tiara like the Strathmore or the Scroll (or something new created for her). The other tiaras, including the Lover's Knot Tiara, would look too top-heavy with her hair down.

Kate's hair gets in her face to much. I can just see loose pieces getting stuck in her tiara!:bang: Then again she has never quite sold an updo for me either. I didn't really like her half-back do. Too nice for such an informal event and not that flattering. Then again it was hard to tell with it flying all around her head. I feel like her hair makes her look unprofessional as a result. Don't get me wrong it looks to be healthy but too long for my taste.

I would love to see the Rundell brought out, too, along with all the rest of Alexandra's wedding jewels. It would be an ideal move during an era of austerity, after all - economy's down the drain? Just go shopping in your closet!

One of the things that I don't think many are taking into consideration is the bride's height - she's tall, although I'm not sure she's as tall as some accounts I've read. But tall girls wear the high tiaras well (I think of Victoria of Sweden). The lower tiaras like the Strathmore and the scroll just wouldn't register as well. Miss Middleton could wear the Rundell, the fringe and the Kokoshnik beautifully. I can also see her wearing the Vladimir without any of the hanging pendants - I think for a wedding look that they'd overwhelm (as would the Lover's Knot).

Davids Bridal in the US (plus a few stores in Canada) appears to be getting ready to sell replicas of the potential tiaras

Tiaras Inspired by the Royal Collection | Facebook

I am of mixed opinions of Davids Bridal doing this. For some reason I don't feel its right for a bazillion Strathmore Roses floating around out there yet on the other hand, it would be a unique chance to wear the "crown jewels". From what I've seen on the Facebook page, its getting a lot of positive feedback but at this time they are NOT for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom