Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara: Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?

• The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara

Votes: 19 11.5%
  • The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • The Strathmore Rose Tiara

Votes: 51 30.9%
  • The Spencer Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara)

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • The Rundell Diamond Tiara

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Something that has been hidden in the Vaults!

Votes: 33 20.0%
  • The Middletons will buy her a new one

• Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair.

• None of the Above

Votes: 2 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh please, let's NOT have another Sophie wedding tiara. It's simply HORRIBLE. :bang:

I have uploaded to this link Flickr: carlambbrady's Photostream all the tiaras I could possible think of Catherine Middleton might wear either for the wedding day or or when she becomess Princess of Wales.
Thanks:flowers: but the Nizam tiara was broken up in brooches and earrings, and the Queen Mary Diamond Loop too was broken up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh please, let's NOT have another Sophie wedding tiara. It's simply HORRIBLE. :bang:

I hope that Catherine will receive a historical tiara, she will be a Queen in future.

I just hope one thing - since she already received the engagement ring of the Princess of Wales - that they don't give her the Lovers Knot tiara....:ohmy:

I think the Lover's Knot in time would be okay, but definitely not for her first tiara. Hopefully, Her Majesty will dig deep into the vaults and pull out a beauty that we have not seen in some time.

I was rooting for Queen Mary's loop, but alas, I have read it is no more.

I will have to start pushing for the Teck Circle or Teck Crescent. I believe that these would be amazing on Catherine.

Maybe the Lover's Knot could be redefined...perhaps diamond drops instead of pearls? Just a thought.

I wish Kate would use the Stathmore tiara on her wedding. It is very simple but would look elegant on her. But I would also like her to wear the Spencer tiara rather than the Lover's Knot tiara. I don't think the Lover's Knot tiara would suit Kate.

^ She will not be wearing the Spencer tiara as she is not marrying into the Spencer family.

I think the Lover's Knot in time would be okay, but definitely not for her first tiara. Hopefully, Her Majesty will dig deep into the vaults and pull out a beauty that we have not seen in some time.

Agree fully with you.

THE PORTLAND ANTIQUE SAPPHIRE, DIAMOND AND NATURAL PEARL TIARA is just fabulous as well as some of the other pieces that are currently up for auction.
The Portland Collection: An Interview with Keith Penton | Jewelry | Special Feature | Christie's

:ohmy:That's one of my all-time favorite tiaras! I love the combination of sapphires, pearls and diamonds. It might be a bit much for Catherine though right off the bat. She's young - she should have a smaller, more delicate tiara. Although if the Portland Tiara winds up on Camilla's head......:verysad:

Someone should email William's private secretary and let him know about this tiara! :lol:

I am sure that there has been discussion and trying on of the various tiaras. One would not want to try it on the first time on the wedding day and find the piece too large or too small to fit Kate's head at the last moment.

I am sure that there has been discussion and trying on of the various tiaras. One would not want to try it on the first time on the wedding day and find the piece too large or too small to fit Kate's head at the last moment.

ITA. I am sure that once she picks a designer/dress, there will be fittings involving the dress, tiara, veil, etc. just to make sure everything fits right.

I read somewhere that Letizia had hairstyle tests with more than one tiara before her wedding. Kate will do the same. So her hairstylist will hopefully know exactly what to do on the big day (and I will cry my heart out if she wears her hair open:eek:).

I read other thing Tila, Letizia´s hairstyle was created with the tiara. And same happened with Spanish Infantas.

I read somewhere that Letizia had hairstyle tests with more than one tiara before her wedding. Kate will do the same. So her hairstylist will hopefully know exactly what to do on the big day (and I will cry my heart out if she wears her hair open:eek:).

But in Kate's case it's quiet liekly that the tiara she wears at the Wedding will be her gift from the Queen and perhaps only for the first years. It will depend of the Queen will mae the decision which tiara to give to Kate herself or not.
for letizia it's different as she has access to more then one tiara. But yes kate definitivly needs to put her hair up for the Wedding.

But in Kate's case it's quiet liekly that the tiara she wears at the Wedding will be her gift from the Queen and perhaps only for the first years. It will depend of the Queen will mae the decision which tiara to give to Kate herself or not.
for letizia it's different as she has access to more then one tiara. But yes kate definitivly needs to put her hair up for the Wedding.
You are right, Kate maybe will have less of a choice and she will only have one tiara for the first couple of years. But who knows? Maybe the Queen offers her a choice of 2 or even more tiaras and she can choose her favourite?
But whichever tiara she gets: I'd be very surpised if she doesn't try out her hairstyle before the wedding.

See Post #120
How would Munn know? Did the queen let him into the vault to do inventory?

I agree with previosu posters, it would be disastrous if HM 'puts something together' for kate. It is also interesting how Diana only got one tiara from HM, and luckily had use of the Spencer. I guess we'll all have to sit in suspense. I personally do not care for the Strathmore. I think it's so old fashioned and its diamonds are old cut and don't have the same sparkle as other pieces. Imagine if HM had the same ideas as Queen Mary about providing her daughters in-law and grandchildren in-law with 'proper' royal jewels. sigh...

Well, I am glad that she does not. Otherwise some very nice pieces would have disappeared & will disappear. The Kents were forced to seel jewels, the Lascelles jewels were rarely seen & sold etc. In two generations the same would happen if QEII would distribute more jewels along her children. The children of Princess Mararet sold many jewels immidiately after her death!

However, it would be nice if she would distribute more on a permanent loan or something. That way the collection stays in tact while more jewels will be used & all other royal ladies will have much more marbles to play with ;).

I agree that it would be good if the BRF could follow the Dutch Royal Family and establish some sort of trust so that the jewels stay with the monarchy.

I would say that a lot of the jewels were sold because of death taxes. So some of it, unfortunately were necessary. It would be nice to see the Fife tiara every now again but what can you do when the next generation doesn't need it?

What jewels have been sold that used to belong to the BRF? And where is the Fife tiara?

It is alleged that Princess Margaret sold some of the late Princess's jewels to pay death taxes. The Kents have sold a lot of jewels and other items that belonged to their parents. Princess Marina, Duchess of Kent sold some after the death of her husband during WWII as they didn't have a lot of money.

I would imagine that the Fife tiara is with the ancestors of the late Duchess of Fife. Princess Louise was the daughter of Edward VII, a special remainder was created that allowed the title to default to the Duke's daughters and their male descendants. So the daughter, Alexandra was suceeded by her nephew. I would imagine that he has possession of the tiara.

That's too bad about those jewels... I guess we'd most likely not see them again unless the BRF buys them all back but that would cost so much money.

Maybe they should follow the example of the Dutch royal family and have permanent loan until death so they don't lose anymore.

How would Munn know? Did the queen let him into the vault to do inventory?

Geoffrey Munn had almost unlimited access to the vaults when writing his book "Tiara's, A History of Splendour" and coordinating the exhibition that it accompanied

Queen Mary bought parures for her daughters in-law. She didn't give away her own. (Actually with her penchant for 'accepting gifts' we can never be sure what Queen Mary bought). I would love to see the Portland tiara, currently for sale, bought to match her ring. I hope she will also get Diana's many sapphire pieces, like her pearl choker, the Saudi necklace, etc. She'd also look great in the art deco emerald choker. if they won't pull out the old beauties its time to buy new ones!

Queen Mary bought parures for her daughters in-law. She didn't give away her own. (Actually with her penchant for 'accepting gifts' we can never be sure what Queen Mary bought). I would love to see the Portland tiara, currently for sale, bought to match her ring. I hope she will also get Diana's many sapphire pieces, like her pearl choker, the Saudi necklace, etc. She'd also look great in the art deco emerald choker. if they won't pull out the old beauties its time to buy new ones!

The turqiose Parure which is now with the Gloucesters was a Wedding gift from her parents and also the cambride sapphire Paure which was given to the duke of kent was inherited. And the sapphire tiara of Queen Victoria was given to hr daughter mary. So it where certainly Family pieces which where given to her daugther-in-laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom