The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2010, 01:13 PM
Serene Highness

Oh please, let's NOT have another Sophie wedding tiara. It's simply HORRIBLE.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbruno View Post
I have uploaded to this link Flickr: carlambbrady's Photostream all the tiaras I could possible think of Catherine Middleton might wear either for the wedding day or or when she becomess Princess of Wales.
Thanks but the Nizam tiara was broken up in brooches and earrings, and the Queen Mary Diamond Loop too was broken up.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:21 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Oh please, let's NOT have another Sophie wedding tiara. It's simply HORRIBLE.
I hope that Catherine will receive a historical tiara, she will be a Queen in future.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Nobility

I just hope one thing - since she already received the engagement ring of the Princess of Wales - that they don't give her the Lovers Knot tiara....
Old 11-22-2010, 10:30 PM
Gentry

I think the Lover's Knot in time would be okay, but definitely not for her first tiara. Hopefully, Her Majesty will dig deep into the vaults and pull out a beauty that we have not seen in some time.

I was rooting for Queen Mary's loop, but alas, I have read it is no more.

I will have to start pushing for the Teck Circle or Teck Crescent. I believe that these would be amazing on Catherine.
Old 11-23-2010, 12:29 AM
Serene Highness

Maybe the Lover's Knot could be redefined...perhaps diamond drops instead of pearls? Just a thought.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:38 AM

I wish Kate would use the Stathmore tiara on her wedding. It is very simple but would look elegant on her. But I would also like her to wear the Spencer tiara rather than the Lover's Knot tiara. I don't think the Lover's Knot tiara would suit Kate.
Old 11-23-2010, 04:12 AM
Heir Presumptive

^ She will not be wearing the Spencer tiara as she is not marrying into the Spencer family.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:12 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by prsgoddess View Post
I think the Lover's Knot in time would be okay, but definitely not for her first tiara. Hopefully, Her Majesty will dig deep into the vaults and pull out a beauty that we have not seen in some time.

Agree fully with you.
Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
Thanks but the Nizam tiara was broken up in brooches and earrings, and the Queen Mary Diamond Loop too was broken up.
See Post #120
Old 11-23-2010, 06:33 PM
Commoner

THE PORTLAND ANTIQUE SAPPHIRE, DIAMOND AND NATURAL PEARL TIARA is just fabulous as well as some of the other pieces that are currently up for auction.
The Portland Collection: An Interview with Keith Penton | Jewelry | Special Feature | Christie's
Old 11-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNemesis View Post
THE PORTLAND ANTIQUE SAPPHIRE, DIAMOND AND NATURAL PEARL TIARA is just fabulous as well as some of the other pieces that are currently up for auction.
The Portland Collection: An Interview with Keith Penton | Jewelry | Special Feature | Christie's
Yes I agree the tiara is fabulous. I think there are some lovely pieces up for auction.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyNemesis View Post

That's one of my all-time favorite tiaras! I love the combination of sapphires, pearls and diamonds. It might be a bit much for Catherine though right off the bat. She's young - she should have a smaller, more delicate tiara. Although if the Portland Tiara winds up on Camilla's head......
Old 11-24-2010, 02:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Someone should email William's private secretary and let him know about this tiara!
Old 11-24-2010, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure that there has been discussion and trying on of the various tiaras. One would not want to try it on the first time on the wedding day and find the piece too large or too small to fit Kate's head at the last moment.
Old 11-24-2010, 11:22 AM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I am sure that there has been discussion and trying on of the various tiaras. One would not want to try it on the first time on the wedding day and find the piece too large or too small to fit Kate's head at the last moment.
ITA. I am sure that once she picks a designer/dress, there will be fittings involving the dress, tiara, veil, etc. just to make sure everything fits right.
Old 11-24-2010, 02:17 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I read somewhere that Letizia had hairstyle tests with more than one tiara before her wedding. Kate will do the same. So her hairstylist will hopefully know exactly what to do on the big day (and I will cry my heart out if she wears her hair open).
Old 11-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger

I read other thing Tila, Letizia´s hairstyle was created with the tiara. And same happened with Spanish Infantas.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I read somewhere that Letizia had hairstyle tests with more than one tiara before her wedding. Kate will do the same. So her hairstylist will hopefully know exactly what to do on the big day (and I will cry my heart out if she wears her hair open).
But in Kate's case it's quiet liekly that the tiara she wears at the Wedding will be her gift from the Queen and perhaps only for the first years. It will depend of the Queen will mae the decision which tiara to give to Kate herself or not.
for letizia it's different as she has access to more then one tiara. But yes kate definitivly needs to put her hair up for the Wedding.
Old 11-24-2010, 03:27 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But in Kate's case it's quiet liekly that the tiara she wears at the Wedding will be her gift from the Queen and perhaps only for the first years. It will depend of the Queen will mae the decision which tiara to give to Kate herself or not.
for letizia it's different as she has access to more then one tiara. But yes kate definitivly needs to put her hair up for the Wedding.
You are right, Kate maybe will have less of a choice and she will only have one tiara for the first couple of years. But who knows? Maybe the Queen offers her a choice of 2 or even more tiaras and she can choose her favourite?
But whichever tiara she gets: I'd be very surpised if she doesn't try out her hairstyle before the wedding.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding