The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I suggest your visit the "Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels" thread with particular attention to Madame Royale's exquisite offering on page 40, post number 782.

I defy anyone to call that "Small"!

I so agree.. I went and took a look after reading your post it is wonderful on her ......

Old 04-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Aristocracy

i really loved this picture, most professionals cant take such a great pic. i really hope she does wear her hair up.

Old 04-06-2011, 01:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
I suggest your visit the "Photoshopping Royal Tiaras and Jewels" thread with particular attention to Madame Royale's exquisite offering on page 40, post number 782.

I defy anyone to call that "Small"!
You're right....it does look wonderful on her! She has a small head and the Strathmore might be perfect (assuming they can restore and re-set the diamonds).

The Lover's Knot Tiara looked good on her too, but I do think a smaller tiara is best.
Old 04-06-2011, 10:27 PM
Nobility

Daily Mail are saying Kate doesn't want to wear a tiara...where will that leave us!!!

http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1374244/Royal-Wedding-Kate-Middelton-Prince-William-clash-Charles-Camilla-tiaras.html
Old 04-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Camilla can be dressed up in the delhi durbar and the boucheron tiara and QEQM's engagement ring (no one shouts how abnormal he's marrying his grandmother') then I really fail to see what the problem would be for the wife of Prince William to wear the Lovers Knot tiara. There are some here that would do anything < ed Warren > to make sure that Diana is as dead as King Tut and NEVER mentioned again. I am eagerly anticipating the wedding!
Old 04-06-2011, 10:45 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post

You can not go by the DM this artical is still pulling into play the use of the Spencer Tiara..and the Girls of Great Britain.. all guessing here no worries... IMO
Old 04-06-2011, 11:03 PM
Royal Highness

I know we've discussed Charles buying Kate a tiara but is it possible Camilla could lend Kate a tiara of hers? Does Camilla have any of wife of POW?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

She could, but I doubt that will happen. Catherine will either be wearing a new one purchased as a wedding gift or one given to her by The Queen. I think the odds are strong it will, in fact, be the Lover's Knot Tiara.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:40 AM
Gentry

The "Girls of Britain and Ireland" tiara needs to be on Kate's head for that wedding. Nothing else will suffice, unless of course it's the Lover's knot. However, I think that would burden Catherine with the memory of Princess Di.....as much as I love her.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:45 AM
Gentry

I think Diana would want Kate to have her own jewelry, her own reputation, and not to be burdened by significant elements of Diana's ill-fated marriage to Prince Charles. Let's introduce something new and vibrant. As much as I would LOVE to see the Lover's Knot tiara in public again....I think Catherine deserves something beautiful of her own with an opportunity to have a fresh start!
Old 04-07-2011, 08:37 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmarch View Post
The "Girls of Britain and Ireland" tiara needs to be on Kate's head for that wedding. Nothing else will suffice, unless of course it's the Lover's knot. However, I think that would burden Catherine with the memory of Princess Di.....as much as I love her.
As much as I LOVE the Girls of Great Britain and Ireland, I just don't see HM lending it to Catherine. But if she did, I think that would speak volumes about how the queen feels about this marriage and Catherine.

And I also think the Lover's Knot is beautiful and perhaps someday would love to see Catherine wear it. My fear for that one is that it is supposedly a rather heavy tiara. I'd hate for her to get a headache from wearing it on her wedding day.

The more I see the Strathmore, the more I like it. It's beautiful, elegant, smaller (but still stately imo), and just seems to "fit" with Catherine's style.

Whichever it will be, she will be gorgeous! Only 22 more days till we find out!
Old 04-07-2011, 09:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmarch View Post
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland tiara is too closely associated with the Queen, and thus is very, very, very, very unlikely that Catherine will be wearing it on her wedding day. I agree that it would be nice, but there's a greater chance of William's aunt Sarah doing the Hokey Pokey at the wedding breakfast than Catherine getting that tiara.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 04-07-2011, 10:41 AM
Nobility

WOW! The DM thickens the tiara plot... And I've occupied myself with wondering endlessly which one she will wear! The idea that she might not wear one never occurred. Silly me.

I'd like to think the DM report is probably wrong, but who knows???
Old 04-07-2011, 12:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Daily Mail isn't exactly known for quality journalism. I cannot imagine Catherine won't be wearing a tiara on her wedding day.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:39 PM
Courtier

Yes, why not.
The Queen herself didn't wear a tiara on her weddingday, so it's not as if Catherine would do something new and unheard of.
Old 04-07-2011, 12:45 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLV View Post
Yes, why not.
The Queen herself didn't wear a tiara on her weddingday, so it's not as if Catherine would do something new and unheard of.
The Queen actually wore the fringe tiara on her wedding day.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmarch
That tiara needs to stay off Catherines head until she deserves it. Something simple for Catherine will be fine.
Old 04-07-2011, 01:27 PM
Courtier

All recent royal brides have worn a tiara [I count The Countess of Wessex as wearing a tiara, even if perhaps it was not what some of us were expecting] at some stage during the Church ceremony. From memory, only The Duchess of York walked up the Aisle in a floral band; she then had a tiara on when she and the Duke of York walked back down the aisle.

Looking at things logically, these are my musings:

A although I have no proof of this whatsover, I don't think that the Middleton family have a family tiara. However, there would be nothing to stop them hiring or buying one for the occasion, though. The Duchess of York originally hired a tiara from Garrard [Crown Jewellers at the time] which the Queen generously bought for Sarah.

B Catherine will need something to secure her veil; I cannot think that she will not have a veil. This is after all the marriage of the elder son of the Prince of Wales and at Westminster Abbey.

C. Although a lot of the official information coming from BP about the wedding includes information which suggests certain - slight less formal practices [ is perhaps the best phrase] - being adopted at the wedding - Catherine to travel by car, there will be a minibus/coach to ferry guests, Prince Harry will be 'Best Man' rather than a 'Supporter', Chocolate Cake will be available as well as a the more traditional wedding cake etc- I don't really think of Catherine [or Prince William for that matter] as 'rebellious' [not perhaps the right word, but hopefully you will see what I mean] I therefore cannot really see her putting up the sort of resistance that the DM is apparently suggesting. [Let me make this perfectly clear, this is entirely my own opinion.] I have never met Kate, but I have seen her a few times, and she has always struck me as polite and I therefoe think that she would be reasonably - is compliant the word I am looking for - over something like this. In other words, I just don't think she would 'rock the boat' too much.

D. Royal Family brides do adhere to the 'something old / new/ borrowed/ blue' tradition. Perhaps someone can help me here, but i seem to remember being told [we are going back 30 years or so] that the Princess of Wales had a little blue ribbon bow somewhere and that her 'borrowed' was the Spencer family tiara. By my reckoning, 'borrowing a tiara' from the queen would fit in nicely here. The loan might even be 'long-term'; whilst we have been told that Prince William is going to continue his service career, he and Catherine will still be attending formal state occasions [Catherine perhaps even by herself if Prince William's operational duties keep him away from [e.g.] a State Banquet etc. Catherine is therefore going to need a tiara at some stage, and to get used to wearing it - they are quite heavy! The Royal Wedding would therefore be as good as any place to start wearing one!

Please note that what I have set out above includes my own speculation and opinions - they are not facts; I have no inside information on this.
Old 04-07-2011, 02:08 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
The Queen actually wore the fringe tiara on her wedding day.
*scratches head*
Now, how did I end up with that idea, then?
Thanks for the correction. :)
Old 04-07-2011, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Don't forget...

.....and a sixpence in your shoe!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding