The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: What Tiara will Catherine wear on her Wedding Day?
The Girls of Great Britain and Ireland Tiara 8 4.85%
The Cambridge Lover's Knot Tiara 19 11.52%
The Queen Mother's Scroll Tiara 9 5.45%
The Strathmore Rose Tiara 51 30.91%
The Spencer Tiara 7 4.24%
The Fringe Tiara (aka George III Fringe Tiara) 11 6.67%
The Rundell Diamond Tiara 7 4.24%
Something that has been hidden in the Vaults! 33 20.00%
The Middletons will buy her a new one 9 5.45%
Nothing. She will either wear a jewelry clip or flowers in her hair. 9 5.45%
None of the Above 2 1.21%
Voters: 165. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2011, 11:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

The Lover's Knot was a wedding gift to the groom's mother which returned to the Queen until William or Harry married, for use by a princess bride at that time. I thiink we will see the Lover's knot pretty quickly. Though I have a few others I would love to see have an airing too!

Old 02-23-2011, 07:27 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
The Lover's Knot was a wedding gift to the groom's mother which returned to the Queen until William or Harry married, for use by a princess bride at that time. I thiink we will see the Lover's knot pretty quickly. Though I have a few others I would love to see have an airing too!
I think HM will see the dangers of Kate (or Harry's future wife) wearing the Lovers Knot and will offer something else which they can use until Charles becomes King. At this time Catherine will be established as a Princess before becoming Duchess of Cornwall &, eventually, Princess of Wales (yes shock horror she will become Pncss of Wales). At this point in the future people may have stopped comparing her to her mother in law and judge her for herself by the work she does.

Old 02-23-2011, 07:51 AM
Majesty

My thoughts mirrow yours, wymanda.
Old 02-25-2011, 12:25 PM
Gentry

Loved her earrings both yesterday and today but would have loved to see a sparkly brooch as well. I think that would have looked great against the bright red coat. Is it wrong to want to chant "more jewels, more jewels!"
Old 02-26-2011, 09:24 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Rather unfortunately, IMO the list in Hola / Hello has not really been thought thorugh and is just a random listing of tiaras. It includes tiaras that are in active use by HM currently (including the Girls of Great Britain & Northern Ireland tiara and the Grand Duchess Vladamir), and tiaras that other members of the BRF use (Greak Meander tiara used by Anne). It also has a number of pictures of the Spencer tiara that Diana used, but that really belongs to Earl Spencer, and not the BRF.
Agreed Muriel, the Hola article was a disaster. Showing pieces that are associated with Fergie, Anne, Sophie, Earl Spencer and Camilla is truly sloppy reporting. I guess they just wanted to dazzle the eyes and not do substantive work.

AR
Old 02-26-2011, 09:28 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyAtlanta View Post
Thank you for your illumination. Having been a Congressional Page in my early years and briefly worked in the White House during the Reagan administration, I am well aware of White House protocol.
The Obama's are coming to the UK for a state visit in May. If William and Catherine attend the dinner I am sure she will be given/ loaned something appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Ah but wouldn't that be sorta sweet- given to the granddaughter on her wedding and then HM gives it (lends) to her granddaughter in law :)
Agreed, that is one of the reasons I chose it as the top of my list. It would be a grand gesture, but is probably not likely....

AR
Old 02-28-2011, 03:39 PM
Nobility

What about this nice sparkle`r?
AN ART DECO DIAMOND TIARA/NECKLACE | Christie's

Let's start to think about a new one
Old 02-28-2011, 11:58 PM
Heir Presumptive

^ Love the Art Deco Tiara/Necklace.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:39 AM
Serene Highness

I supposed we could all chip in to buy it, and wear it on a rotating basis.
Old 03-01-2011, 01:50 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessKaimi View Post
I supposed we could all chip in to buy it, and wear it on a rotating basis.
Great Idea - let's start
Old 03-01-2011, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

Here's a buck!!!!
Old 03-02-2011, 09:41 AM
Gentry

I searched to see if this had been asked before but didn't find it. Where is Victoria's Strawberry Leaf tiara, and is that a possibility? Thoughts?
Old 03-02-2011, 09:44 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I was also thinking if the Lovers Knot tiara will reappear. It was a lovely tiara, and would be very suitable for a young princess - substantial, yet delicate. I also think that HM might hand over her fringe tiara to Kate.
I agree the Lover's Knot Tiara would look sensational on Catherine - may I ask why you think the Queen might "hand over" her fringe tiara (or one of them) to Catherine?
Old 03-02-2011, 10:51 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
I agree the Lover's Knot Tiara would look sensational on Catherine - may I ask why you think the Queen might "hand over" her fringe tiara (or one of them) to Catherine?
I think it comes from tradition. Alexandra, May of Teck and Diana all received a tiara(s) when they married into the "main line". Like the regents above Catherine will be the mother of the future monarch (if all goes well) so it would be a traditional overt sign of approval to give/lend her a tiara for life from the core collection. The Queen can do whatever she likes, loan, give or even commission something. We will wait and see how it turns out.

AR
Old 03-02-2011, 10:53 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldmemail View Post
Perhaps "hand over" was the wrong term to use, but I meant that the Queen could lend Catherine the fringe tiara to wear at the wedding, an possibly, afterwards.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:03 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyfish View Post
I searched to see if this had been asked before but didn't find it. Where is Victoria's Strawberry Leaf tiara, and is that a possibility? Thoughts?
Correct me anyone if i am wrong, but Queen Viictoria's strawberry leaf tiara was given to her daughter Queen Ena and has since been lost.
Old 03-02-2011, 02:23 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by firebee34 View Post
Correct me anyone if i am wrong, but Queen Viictoria's strawberry leaf tiara was given to her daughter Queen Ena and has since been lost.
It is my understanding that it passed to Victoria's daughter, Princess Beatrice and thence by descent to her son the Marquess of Clarisbrooke. According to this recent auction, it may have been dismanteled.

Lot Details

AR
Old 03-02-2011, 07:45 PM
Aristocracy

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong. But on the Lovers Knot Tiara aren't the pearls removable? If some other stone were hung it would look like a different tiara, but still carry the history.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:51 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25 View Post
Someone just mentioned this on the other boards, but Duchess of Portlands jewels are up for auction soon and those sapphire pieces would look lovely on Kate with that ring.
The saphire and pearl tiara up for auction from the collection is quite nice, and suits her ring.
Old 03-02-2011, 09:56 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
I think she should wear the Spencer tiara.
Well then William better get asking his Uncle, because the tiara belongs to him and his family. Diana and her sisters were permitted to wear it for their wedding, but it isn't something William can give her.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince william & catherine middleton wedding