Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So Queen EII dug in her vaults and found this piece... bless her :)
I think it's good choice, with history, not to big, not to small and suits Catherine very well. I like earrings designed to match the tiara.

A perfect choice! I am so proud of myself 'cause I recognized it immediately when she was in the car! :D

I have to say that The Hallo/Scroll has suited the young Duchess much more than it has suited QEQM, Princess Margareth and Princess Anne.
I had never thought much of it, but having the opportunity to see it closer (much better today' s pictures than the ones available before) I am obliged to say that it is pretty. Anyway, I still hope to see Catherine using the Stratmore, Rundell, Surray, Nizan (I hope it still exists), Rose Crescent and any other not seen in a long time. The sooner the better. LOL

The Scroll ("Halo") tiara was a brilliant choice. It is beautiful. It suits Catherine's tasteful simplicity of style. It belonged to the young Queen Mother, yet has not been strongly associated with anyone in particular. And, it has not been seen in a while. It is youthful and beautiful, feminine and romantic, while having a touch of modernity. It was the perfect choice for the new Duchess of Cambridge. Love it! Love it! Love it!

I can only agree! Surprising but perfect!
BYe Bine

I think it's a beautiful tiara and goes perfectly with Catherine's dress, the whole effect was simple and lovely. When I first saw it I immediately thought of Mette-Marit's wedding/daisy tiara which is also one of my favourites for its delicate simplicity.

A perfect choice! I am so proud of myself 'cause I recognized it immediately when she was in the car! :D

I was intially thought it was the Cambridge Lover's Knot but wasn't sure. My coworkers kept shooting each other strange looks whenever I flexed my royal knowledge, including or starting with the identification of the tiara. I guess that's not normal?:lol: Oh well, one person's scrapbooking is another person's royal watching. A hobby is a hobby.

I thought the Scroll / Halo tiara was a lovely choice, and I have to admit I was one of the few who had voted for the Scroll in TRF poll. Wonderfully understated, it should be fine for Catherine's current status in the family, until elevated to the next level up.

I thought it would be the Strathmore Rose myself, but the Scroll/Halo tiara looked absolutely perfect on her. It's very understated and elegant, just like her gown was.

I thought the halo/scroll tiara was a great choice too. So simple, yet so stunning and its history is neat too. In seeing the dress, I was thinking how the Strathmore probably wouldn't have had the same effect even though I was voting for the Strathmore. I'm still hoping that one day she'll wear the Countess of Surrey tiara or the Rundell tiara though, although they wouldn't have worked well today, imo.

EmpressRouge said:
I think over the years, the press or a jewel expert will dub a tiara by an unofficial name (think Princess/Lady Di or Fergie) but the royal collection will probably give its official name based on its "purchase" name. So in 1936, Cartier probably called it the Halo tiara (and as posters have noted, they probably made many "halo" tiaras). But back before we had a website to announce to us what the proper name is, the Queen Mum, Princess Margaret, and Princess Anne wore it publicly and some journalist or fashion editor started calling it the scroll tiara and the name caught on. Princess Margaret's Poltimore tiara was called that because it had previously belonged to the Duchess of Poltimore and same thing with the Queen's Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara. But to their previous owners, the tiaras were surely known by a different name

With that in mind, maybe it's time to re-christen this one- "The Duchess of Cambridge Wedding Tiara"!

Perhaps the tiara is titled as the Halo tiara but styled as the scroll tiara.

Ok.. ok...now I KNOW I've been up too many hours. I'm getting goofy.

ROTFL :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok here it is. I am waiting for better close ups from the balcony wave session. It is definitely the Scroll we now know that the BRF refers to it as the Halo. Halo merely refers to how this design sits on the head so there are several halo tiaras in the world but this is the same one we knew as the scroll.

Aestheticus Rex: Catherine Middleton Wears the Halo/Scroll Tiara!

AR

Thank you for the pictures of especially princess Anne with this tiara. So it has been worn with a couiffure of hair halfway up/down before by Anne to great effect. Maybe that's why Catherine and HM chose this tiara.

BTW: I read somewhere that the queen only took the Cambridge Lover#s Knot tiara back in safekeeping for William's wife when Diana died. I doubt Catherine must be afraid of comparisons with her late mother-in-law after we get used to seeing her in tiaras. So maybe at one point the Cambridge-tiara will be seen worn by the current Duchess of Cambridge.

The tiara worn by HRH is listed in The Queen's Jewels by Leslie Field as the 'Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother Scroll Tiara'. It states the Queen has never worn it in public. I must say I didn't see this one coming! But she looks very beautiful in it.

I'm sitting with a copy of the book in my lap right now! :ROFLMAO: I was really impressed with how the tiara looked with the veil, very clean. In the case of at least CP Mary and Princess Marie, the tiaras were obscured by lace behind the tiara and made it difficult to see. I hope Kate gets at least one more tiara to wear in the coming years.

I thought the small size of the tiara absolutely fitted the natural look, with her hair loose and a simple veil. I have never seen a picture of Catherine with her hair up, so I think it was very wise of her to stay simple and be relaxed. :flowers:

I think it's almost inevitable that she'll wear the lover's knot at some point. It was worn by her late mother in law and it's associated with her own title. And you know? I think it's awesome. It's just as dumb to pretend Diana never existed and isn't important to William's life as it is to act like she was the All That Is Great and Good. It shouldn't dominate the conversation nor be totally absent. Seeing the Lover's knot on the Duchess seems totally appropriate to me. Now we just need to see when! State visit to Canada will probably have at least one tiara occasion- the scroll or the lover's knot seem most likely to me

I think it's almost inevitable that she'll wear the lover's knot at some point. It was worn by her late mother in law and it's associated with her own title. And you know? I think it's awesome. It's just as dumb to pretend Diana never existed and isn't important to William's life as it is to act like she was the All That Is Great and Good. It shouldn't dominate the conversation nor be totally absent. Seeing the Lover's knot on the Duchess seems totally appropriate to me. Now we just need to see when! State visit to Canada will probably have at least one tiara occasion- the scroll or the lover's knot seem most likely to me
Diana debuted the Cambridge tiara at the Opening of Parliament, so maybe Catherine can wear at her first Opening of Parliament. Yeah, yeah, too much like Diana but I think she should start wearing Cambridge tiara while she's still known as the Duchess of Cambridge (given the Queen's health, there might be a good 20 years).
I wrote in the other tiara thread that I think the Cambridge tiara, with its dangling pearls, might be hard to pull off as a wedding tiara. I think it could be quite noisy not to mention given her a splitting headache walking down that lone aisle.

I agree. Though I very much doubt that the pearls make any kind of "noise"...they don't swing as much as that. The headache is much more of a real consideration.

EmpressRouge said:
Diana debuted the Cambridge tiara at the Opening of Parliament, so maybe Catherine can wear at her first Opening of Parliament.

Would she attend this as wife of heir to the heir?

Since Kate wore this tiara for her wedding, does that mean she can wear it to a state visit banquet or to any event which requires a tiara?

dazzling said:
Since Kate wore this tiara for her wedding, does that mean she can wear it to a state visit banquet or to any event which requires a tiara?

Depends upon how it was loaned- if it was for the day, no, unless she obtains permission again. If that tiara has been selected for her use at appropriate occasions, yes. (and I personally think thy may be the case since her earrings were made to match it so perfectly). We have no way of knowing though- until we see or don't see it again

Depends upon how it was loaned- if it was for the day, no, unless she obtains permission again. If that tiara has been selected for her use at appropriate occasions, yes. (and I personally think thy may be the case since her earrings were made to match it so perfectly). We have no way of knowing though- until we see or don't see it again

We'll have to see if she wears it at a state dinner in Canada in June/July

Would she attend this as wife of heir to the heir?

Until the reform of the House of Lords a number of Royals attended the State Opening of Parliament every year for example Princess Margaret or the Duchesses of Kent or Gloucester. But not anymore. Only the Queen and the Dukeof Edinbrugh attend at the moment.

It is very likely that Catherine was given the Scroll Tiara as a wedding gift from The Queen, meaning she will retain it for her future use, even though it belongs to HM.

But as others have stated, Catherine may also receive the Lover's Knot Tiara and other royal pieces which we will see her wearing at appropriate occasions in the future.

I think that Catherine wore the Scroll/Halo Tiara beautifully. While I was hoping for the Strathmore Rose, the Scroll was amazing, and went perfectly with her dress. I am sure that she will wear the Lover's Knot in time, let's give her a while to get used to her role before we start pushing for more.

Absolutely exquisite!!!! She looked elegant and regal. The crown was perfect for her. The hair, the dress, the tiara. Perfection. I am so happy for them. The Lovers Knot is beautiful too, I think she could wear it nicely. We will see.

Back
Top Bottom