Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yea agreed, tiara looks good on her! Give it to her! as a gift! Im hoping to see more of her wearing tiaras in future!

The earrings don't have scrolls, they have acorns; it is a nod to the family coat of arms, which feature three acorns.

Sister Morphine said:
The earrings don't have scrolls, they have acorns; it is a nod to the family coat of arms, which feature three acorns.

They have both :) the tops are scrolls that match the tiara

I wonder what the woman who placed the 6000 pound bet on Kate wearing the fringe tiara thinks about the scroll tiara.

I wonder what the woman who placed the 6000 pound bet on Kate wearing the fringe tiara thinks about the scroll tiara.

Ha! Well remembered!! That's assuming that story was even true in the first place.

I have to say, though, that the tiara was just perfect in my opinion. Kate has such a beautiful face that she doesn't need a particularly elaborate tiara. I also though that it was sitting beautifully and proves that it is possible for a tiara to look amazing with flowing, loose hair. I was unconvinced before today.

:previous:Especially since the decision to use the scroll/halo tiara was decided far enough in advance to get matching earrings! It's not like Kate heard about the bet and decided to switch to another tiara at the last minute.

Thena said:
:previous:Especially since the decision to use the scroll/halo tiara was decided far enough in advance to get matching earrings! It's not like Kate heard about the bet and decided to switch to another tiara at the last minute.

The official description described the scrolls on the earrings as stylized oak leaves and stated it was created to match the tiara. So we have a more accurate description of the tiaras design- and I'm wondering now if the choice directly influenced the Middleton coat of arms. If so- it was all very well thought out, and quite lovely.

What I loved about the tiara was that it was small but more importantly was an acknowledgement of Charles' family in the wedding. We kept hearing about them wanting to honour Diana but this tiara was originally the Queen Mother's and we all know how close Charles was to the Queen Mum so using her tiara was a nice gesture to her father-in-law's female relatives.

Sister Morphine said:
Hmm, they look like feathers to me. :lol:

Now that you mention it.....lol :)

I loved this tiara on Kate. I think it looked perfect together with the veil and the earrings are also gorgeous!

Scroll vs halo

I believe the statement of the Royal Court yesterday on the tiara was the first time in history the tiara was officially mentioned. It was collectively decided to call it the scroll tiara because of the decorations which are scrolls. But the tiara design in its total is called halo. Just like fringe tiara's are named after the total design of the jewel and not after the spikes of which the design is composed.

The ear rings have diamond acorns in the center topped by stylized leaves/scrolls. Well done, Duchess.

Last edited:
I think the tiara was a good choice. It looks like a series of the letter C so it was quite fitting for Catherine Cambridge.

I also read that it is one of the great starter tiara's for princesses.

remember reading reports that she would wear the one the Queen wore on her own wedding day.. but this one is so much better. it's classical, but not too flashy and goes well with her overall look

Of all the tiaras we had been discussing before, the Halo/Scroll looks to be the simplest (by royal standards), although beautiful. Do you think Catherine was offered to choose this tiara among some other options or did the Queen offer her just this one? I have learned that a lip reader told that the Queen, while watching the bride and the groom leaving, said that she would rather have William and Catherine use a smaller couch. Maybe she wanted less splendour?

Of all the tiaras we had been discussing before, the Halo/Scroll looks to be the simplest (by royal standards), although beautiful. Do you think Catherine was offered to choose this tiara among some other options or did the Queen offer her just this one? I have learned that a lip reader told that the Queen, while watching the bride and the groom leaving, said that she would rather have William and Catherine use a smaller couch. Maybe she wanted less splendour?

I am hoping that the decision was reached by both Kate and HM. I would imagine that HM would have really enjoyed talking about each piece and what history there was with it and whatnot and Kate would have been an attentive listener. Everything the bride wore seemed to have a meaningful connotation to it and I doubt the tiara would be any less so.

I think the tiara was quite nice
But the Queen could have certainly give her something a little more impressive and sparking
Besides, I think, the way her hair was done in loose way, has a very casuall and everyday look

IMO if Kate would have had a gatherd hairstyle she would look was much more impressive and noble.

BTW I also think her bouquet was very very small and simple

I think the tiara was quite nice
But the Queen could have certainly give her something a little more impressive and sparking
Besides, I think, the way her hair was done in loose way, has a very casuall and everyday look

IMO if Kate would have had a gatherd hairstyle she would look was much more impressive and noble.

BTW I also think her bouquet was very very small and simple

The small tiara and the small bouquet were lovely.

Large ones become overwhelming and the focus is on them rather than on the person, in my opinion.

The tiara was also very personal to the Queen and sent a lovely message of love towards her grand-daughter-in-law. This was a tiara that her father had bought for her mother and then they had given to her for her 18th birthday. It was one that linked Kate to her father-in-law's beloved grandmother through the Queen - wonderful symbolism of welcome to the family - rather than a big flashy one that doesn't have those personal links. Those ones will come at appropriate times but for this day this one was perfect and symbolic.

Last edited:
It is very likely that Catherine was given the Scroll Tiara as a wedding gift from The Queen, meaning she will retain it for her future use, even though it belongs to HM.

I read it was only a loan and not given to her but as some mentioned the earring were made to match so maybe she did get permission to use it in the future.
It would be great to see it again as it's a lovely tiara.

I read it was only a loan and not given to her but as some mentioned the earring were made to match so maybe she did get permission to use it in the future.
It would be great to see it again as it's a lovely tiara.

But this how it's always done in the briotish RF. The Lovers Knot was also no gift to Diana but permanent loan. And also the same for some tiaras princess Margaret used. I think Catherine will also have the use of the Lovers Knot and the probably choose a small tiara so that she then has a big one and a smaller one depending one the occasion.

I am hoping that the decision was reached by both Kate and HM. I would imagine that HM would have really enjoyed talking about each piece and what history there was with it and whatnot and Kate would have been an attentive listener. Everything the bride wore seemed to have a meaningful connotation to it and I doubt the tiara would be any less so.

I can totally picture that! It's was one of the Queen's first tiaras and it's relatively simple, which fits with Catherine's style. I think it was a good choice (and totally out of left field - :clap:for keeping us know-it-alls on our toes!).

We were guessing so much, that by the end I didn't even remember the scroll or Halo Tiara was an option. Since the last time it was seen I assumed it "belongs" to Princess Anne.
It is delicate and suited the dress and Catherine perfectly. Also I love the history of it, (King George VI gave to the Queen Mom ^^).

The small tiara and the small bouquet were lovely.

Large ones become overwhelming and the focus is on them rather than on the person, in my opinion.

The tiara was also very personal to the Queen and sent a lovely message of love towards her grand-daughter-in-law. This was a tiara that her father had bought for her mother and then they had given to her for her 18th birthday. It was one that linked Kate to her father-in-law's beloved grandmother through the Queen - wonderful symbolism of welcome to the family - rather than a big flashy one that doesn't have those personal links. Those ones will come at appropriate times but for this day this one was perfect and symbolic.

I so agree. I think The Dutchess using this tiara to me shows ,the respect and caring The Queen has for The Dutchess. It was so kind of the Queen to loan a tiara with so much personal meaning.

Last edited by a moderator:
I too think the best part about the tiara (aside from fitting the style the Duchess chose), was its strong sentimental associations. The Royal Family seems to have embraced Duchess Kate with real warmth and affection.

Mia_mae said:
We were guessing so much, that by the end I didn't even remember the scroll or Halo Tiara was an option.

I think everyone was expecting to her to wear something big and bold. We were not expecting that little tiara. I was hoping for the fringe, but the halo was the right pick for her.

Back
Top Bottom