Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I had wanted simple, but I didn't know there was an older tiara that could capture simple so well. Lovely.

Interesting choice! It suited her well. She looked perfect, and perfectly herself.

I think the 'halo' tiara is different the scroll tiara we used to know. waiting for more large pictures.

That is most diffently the scroll.........what the heck is the Halo did they make an mistake????

I think the Halo and Scroll are the tiara, just they Royal Collection has the official name as the Halo, while we have dubbed it the Scroll. You look the same in the pictures and the story of the Scroll and story of the Halo listed on the official website are identical.
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Scroll Tiara

Perhaps the tiara is titled as the Halo tiara but styled as the scroll tiara.

Ok.. ok...now I KNOW I've been up too many hours. I'm getting goofy.

It's the scroll for certain. Perfect for her understated elegance.

I think many were hoping for the Strathmore Rose, but the Scroll (yes, I'm still calling it the Scroll) Tiara was wonderful. I thought that she would look best in a smaller tiara, maybe even a bandeau headpiece, and this filled the bill beautifully. It echoed the curly designs of the lace somehow, and really looked great.

Last edited:
Very odd about all the confusion, but it does look to me like the Scroll Tiara.

I like how the scrolls look like C's for Catherine and Cambridge. R

I found I liked it very much and very stylish.

Indeed it was perfect. I loved the fact that it has been worn by each generation; The Queen Mother, The Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne and now The Duchess of Cambridge!

It totally matched the dress, and I loved her new earrings, very tasteful. I reckon we will see her in those many times!

Conorius said:
Indeed it was perfect. I loved the fact that it has been worn by each generation; The Queen Mother, The Queen, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne and now The Duchess of Cambridge!

It totally matched the dress, and I loved her new earrings, very tasteful. I reckon we will see her in those many times!

I don't believe the Queen's ever been seen in the Scroll, has she?

The earrings were from her parents- what a lovely gift!

Queen Mum, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, the Duchess of Cambridge
I find it strange that Princess Margart wore it so often, when it already belonged to Princess Elisabeth. But I'm sure that it is the same tiara.

Yes i alwys thought it belonged to the Queen Mother and was lend out to Margaret and later to Anne. Margaret even wore it for the coronation in 1953.
I think not Catherine is the Duchess of Cambrdige she can also use the Lovers Knot tiara at some point.

Yes i alwys thought it belonged to the Queen Mother and was lend out to Margaret and later to Anne. Margaret even wore it for the coronation in 1953.
I think not Catherine is the Duchess of Cambrdige she can also use the Lovers Knot tiara at some point.

I think a lot of thought went into the tiara for the wedding.

The Halo or scroll tiara was a marvelous choice I think. There's a lot of history behind it and it was worn by women of the House of Windsor basically just starting out. The Queen Mum just shortly before the abdication, the Princess Elizabeth when she turned 18, Margaret for her sister's coronation and then Anne. Its obviously been used as a "starter" type tiara and perfect for this occasion.

There are many many years ahead (hopefully) for Kate to wear more illustrious (and heavier) tiaras and I wouldn't doubt one bit that she will wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot at some time in the future.

Perhaps the tiara is titled as the Halo tiara but styled as the scroll tiara.

Ok.. ok...now I KNOW I've been up too many hours. I'm getting goofy.
I think over the years, the press or a jewel expert will dub a tiara by an unofficial name (think Princess/Lady Di or Fergie) but the royal collection will probably give its official name based on its "purchase" name. So in 1936, Cartier probably called it the Halo tiara (and as posters have noted, they probably made many "halo" tiaras). But back before we had a website to announce to us what the proper name is, the Queen Mum, Princess Margaret, and Princess Anne wore it publicly and some journalist or fashion editor started calling it the scroll tiara and the name caught on. Princess Margaret's Poltimore tiara was called that because it had previously belonged to the Duchess of Poltimore and same thing with the Queen's Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara. But to their previous owners, the tiaras were surely known by a different name

It's a similar store with the fringe tiara many of us were hoping for. The royal collection just calls it the "Fringe Tiara," but people have dubbed it the Russian or Hanover/George III fringe tiara. The latter name because we mistakenly believed that it was the same tiara worn by Queen Victoria in a Winterhalter painting and thought to be made from diamonds belong to George III. However, the royal collection states very clear it's been mistaken to be, but not made from George III's diamonds and made in 1919. But we still continue to call it the George III fringe.

The tiara worn by HRH is listed in The Queen's Jewels by Leslie Field as the 'Queen Elizabeth the Queen mother Scroll Tiara'. It states the Queen has never worn it in public. I must say I didn't see this one coming! But she looks very beautiful in it.

EmpressRouge said:
I think over the years, the press or a jewel expert will dub a tiara by an unofficial name (think Princess/Lady Di or Fergie) but the royal collection will probably give its official name based on its "purchase" name. So in 1936, Cartier probably called it the Halo tiara (and as posters have noted, they probably made many "halo" tiaras). But back before we had a website to announce to us what the proper name is, the Queen Mum, Princess Margaret, and Princess Anne wore it publicly and some journalist or fashion editor started calling it the scroll tiara and the name caught on. Princess Margaret's Poltimore tiara was called that because it had previously belonged to the Duchess of Poltimore and same thing with the Queen's Grand Duchess Vladimir tiara. But to their previous owners, the tiaras were surely known by a different name

It's a similar store with the fringe tiara many of us were hoping for. The royal collection just calls it the "Fringe Tiara," but people have dubbed it the Russian or Hanover/George III fringe tiara. The latter name because we mistakenly believed that it was the same tiara worn by Queen Victoria in a Winterhalter painting and thought to be made from diamonds belong to George III. However, the royal collection states very clear it's been mistaken to be, but not made from George III's diamonds and made in 1919. But we still continue to call it the George III fringe.

One article said it's name is not The Halo but more it is a halo tiara- does that make sense? I shall search for the link, I've read so many things today

Ok here it is. I am waiting for better close ups from the balcony wave session. It is definitely the Scroll we now know that the BRF refers to it as the Halo. Halo merely refers to how this design sits on the head so there are several halo tiaras in the world but this is the same one we knew as the scroll.

Aestheticus Rex: Catherine Middleton Wears the Halo/Scroll Tiara!

AR

i like the scroll /halo tiara its quite stunning and even thou i like the starthmore tiara i think hrh the duchess wore it well :) a beautiful tiara

Tiara suits Catherine's style

The Scroll ("Halo") tiara was a brilliant choice. It is beautiful. It suits Catherine's tasteful simplicity of style. It belonged to the young Queen Mother, yet has not been strongly associated with anyone in particular. And, it has not been seen in a while. It is youthful and beautiful, feminine and romantic, while having a touch of modernity. It was the perfect choice for the new Duchess of Cambridge. Love it! Love it! Love it!

The Scroll ("Halo") tiara was a brilliant choice. It is beautiful. It suits Catherine's tasteful simplicity of style. It belonged to the young Queen Mother, yet has not been strongly associated with anyone in particular. And, it has not been seen in a while. It is youthful and beautiful, feminine and romantic, while having a touch of modernity. It was the perfect choice for the new Duchess of Cambridge. Love it! Love it! Love it!
Ditto!:lol:

Back
Top Bottom