Catherine Middleton's Wedding Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fabulous! I am so glad the Midletons created new jewellry for her!

I guess the halo tiara is the new name for the scroll.

Wow, she looks lovely!
It definitely is the tiara which we always used to call the scroll tiara. Now that there is an official statement about this tiara for the first time, we learn that the BRF has another name for it.

Duchessmary said:
I guess the halo tiara is the new name for the scroll.

Dam I am mad I am so confused- apparently they are 2 tiaras so it's not the scroll- Officials say Halo

Lady Ann said:

No one on any thread ever suggested it might end up being something we wouldn't know 100% upon seeing - lol

Last edited:
1283929195148_foto11.jpg

A close up of the Cartier Halo Tiara

Last edited:
It's not a new name for it, The halo and the scroll are two different tiaras.

I think they are different tiaras. There's not the same gaps between the arched sticky-up bits on the halo as there is on the scroll. I think she is wearing the halo and we'll have to wait some more to see the scroll again.

christinacg said:
Not according the Leslie Field, author of Tiara's:past and Present, who called it the Halo Scroll.

Ok now I sm just getting annoyed- did the Queen Mary give the scroll tiara to Elizabeth on her 18th bday? If yes same tiara, if nor no- where are the tiara historians?

im so confused... Looks like the scroll on her head but they called it halo... WHEN I FRIST SEEN HER IN THE CAR I SAID SCROLL.... IDK...SOMEONE ANYONE OUT OF THE 1019 WHO ARE ON THIS THREAD AT THIS TIME...

Last edited:
The Scroll Tiara and the Halo Tiara are not the same. Catherine is wearing the Halo Tiara.

Ok now I sm just getting annoyed- did the Queen Mary give the scroll tiara to Elizabeth on her 18th bday? If yes same tiara, if nor no- where are the tiara historians?

If the then Duke of York gave the Scroll tiara to his wife then surely it cannot be the same tiara that Queen Mary gave to Elizabeth on her 18th birthday. If it was the Queen Mother's then she could have given it to her daughter, but if it was the Queen Mother's tiara then Queen Mary couldn't have gifted it.

If that makes sense - I know what I mean, but am struggling to put it into words.

Scotslass said:
If the then Duke of York gave the Scroll tiara to his wife then surely it cannot be the same tiara that Queen Mary gave to Elizabeth on her 18th birthday. If it was the Queen Mother's then she could have given it to her daughter, but if it was the Queen Mother's tiara then Queen Mary couldn't have gifted it.

If that makes sense - I know what I mean, but am struggling to put it into words.

Maybe I don't remember but thought official word was Halo tiara, the one Kate is wearing, was give to her majesty on her 18th bday by Queen Mary- thus it can not be the scroll

I love the tiara & the design of, its not too big yet it is grand.
Im glad she wore this tiara, she also wore it well and looks good with her hair open.

hmmmm...so confused. They look almost identical.

Maybe I don't remember but thought official word was Halo tiara, the one Kate is wearing, was give to her majesty on her 18th bday by Queen Mary- thus it can not be the scroll

That's what I'm meaning. If it's the one Queen Mary gifted HM then it cannot be the scroll as it wouldn't have been Queen Mary's to gift.

A much simpler way of putting it, sorry :lol:

The official wedding site said the tiara was given to her majesty by her mother, not by Queen Mary. "The veil is held in place by a Cartier ‘halo’ tiara, lent to Miss Middleton by The Queen. The ‘halo’ tiara was made by Cartier in 1936 and was purchased by The Duke of York (later King George VI) for his Duchess (later Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother) three weeks before he succeeded his brother as King. The tiara was presented to Princess Elizabeth (now The Queen) by her mother on the occasion of her 18th birthday."

Well if this is a tiara on loan, its a shame. It suits her well, I wish they had bought it for her.

I am certain that is the Scroll.

Yes. The story of the Scroll tiara matches the story of the "halo" tiara that everyone is reporting. The Halo tiara is a different tiara than she's wearing, though. Far bulkier and not as fitting.

I am watching the footage of her leaving the abbey. With the veil pulled back it is clear that the Halo is what we have known as the Scroll. The design is the same. Nice to know that it was made by Cartier and we now have its full history....Blog to follow!

Queen Mum, Princess Margaret, Princess Anne, the Duchess of Cambridge
I find it strange that Princess Margart wore it so often, when it already belonged to Princess Elisabeth. But I'm sure that it is the same tiara.

I am watching the footage of her leaving the abbey. With the veil pulled back it is clear that the Halo is what we have known as the Scroll. The design is the same. Nice to know that it was made by Cartier and we now have its full history....Blog to follow!
I looking forward to your blog! I had no idea that this tiara was by Cartier. Great to know more detail about it know.

:flowers:Congratulation to the 9 people (5,45 %) who guessed right in our poll: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ding-tiara-suggestions-and-musings-29273.html

I was hoping she'd wear the fringe tiara. I should have known it would've been simple.

It was totally the perfect tiara for The Duchess of Cambridge to wear. (I love saying that now). Everything about Catherine was flawlessly put together!

Back
Top Bottom