The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #21  
Old 02-04-2015, 09:48 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Waht i would change at the ruby tiara are to remove or replace this diamond antennas between the ruby roses.
I agree, moving the diamond "antennae" to the ruby roses would certainly achieve what I was suggesting.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 02-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,416
I think what really make the difference for the British jewels is they need younger wearers. The stuff really looked amazing when the Queen, Queen Mother wore them in their younger days.
__________________

__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 02-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, moving the diamond "antennae" to the ruby roses would certainly achieve what I was suggesting.
But without those antennae there would be huge gaps, as the roses are pretty far apart. I'm not sure that would help the look of this tiara. Better to leave it in the vault and undust the oriental circlet.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But without those antennae there would be huge gaps, as the roses are pretty far apart. I'm not sure that would help the look of this tiara.
Perhaps I ought to be clearer. The antennae per se stay, except some of the diamonds are swapped with some of the rubies in the roses. The rubies and diamonds interspersed in the roses would, IMO, considerably improve the look. The rubies freed up from the roses could go back to the antennae.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Better to leave it in the vault and undust the oriental circlet.
The Oriental Circlet is lovely, I do hope Camilla uses it when she is Queen.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 02-04-2015, 10:49 AM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think what really make the difference for the British jewels is they need younger wearers. The stuff really looked amazing when the Queen, Queen Mother wore them in their younger days.
Catherine is starting to wear some royal heirlooms. I am sure, in the next 5 - 7 years, we will see her wear a lot more, as she increases her attendance of events requiring serious jewels.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But without those antennae there would be huge gaps, as the roses are pretty far apart. I'm not sure that would help the look of this tiara. Better to leave it in the vault and undust the oriental circlet.
The could use the dmaond from the antennas to make diamond roses and place them instead of the antennas between the ruby roses.
The Queen has worn the oriental circlet but only once. Obviously she prefers the burmese ruby tiara.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Tilia C.'s Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: O, Germany
Posts: 4,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Perhaps I ought to be clearer. The antennae per se stay, except some of the diamonds are swapped with some of the rubies in the roses. The rubies and diamonds interspersed in the roses would, IMO, considerably improve the look. The rubies freed up from the roses could go back to the antennae.



The Oriental Circlet is lovely, I do hope Camilla uses it when she is Queen.
Ok, now I understand, that really makes sense. At the moment the rubies look like big, fat blotches, imo.

The Oriental Circlet would suit Camillas style perfectly. And this is one tiara that really needs not change. It is beautiful as it is. Although I'd like to see some interchangeable opals, to give it back it's historic look.
__________________
Please vote in our TRF Fashion Polls


Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 02-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Catherine is starting to wear some royal heirlooms. I am sure, in the next 5 - 7 years, we will see her wear a lot more, as she increases her attendance of events requiring serious jewels.
Actually, right now I think she's understanding that she is third lady in the land and that she should be wearing these jewels.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:19 PM
muriel's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: London / Guildford, United Kingdom
Posts: 6,360
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Actually, right now I think she's understanding that she is third lady in the land and that she should be wearing these jewels.
In my view, she will wear the jewels when she attends events that warrant the jewels.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 02-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
In my view, she will wear the jewels when she attends events that warrant the jewels.
Well, yeah. Like she's done for the gala reception and dinner in New York, and art gala in London. Of course she'll wear them at royal events. I'm just saying, she's a future Queen and she should be wearing the royal heirlooms. Catherine could take many of her mother-in-law jewels, Queen's jewels and her own jewels and change them up to fit her style and taste. It's about playing around with them and coming up with her own unique ways to wearing them. Or she could leave them as they are. The important part is to actually wear them.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
Britain has gone through a time of deep recession, and so I think that Catherine is doing a wise thing in not wearing a lot of jewelry. Besides, we really don't know how much of that jewelry she actually has access to. Does Her Majesty give free access to the jewel vaults, or does each piece need to be asked for and returned immediately after use? I don't expect to see Catherine in a tiara unless it's for a high state occasion such as the Opening of Parliament, a State Banquet, or the Diplomatic Reception. When Prince Charles becomes King, the jewelry that she can wear will be upgraded. Royal jewelry is always an indicator of rank within the family and is worn to show royal status. For Kate to wear as much jewelry as Camilla or the Queen just isn't on.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Britain has gone through a time of deep recession, and so I think that Catherine is doing a wise thing in not wearing a lot of jewelry. Besides, we really don't know how much of that jewelry she actually has access to. Does Her Majesty give free access to the jewel vaults, or does each piece need to be asked for and returned immediately after use? I don't expect to see Catherine in a tiara unless it's for a high state occasion such as the Opening of Parliament, a State Banquet, or the Diplomatic Reception. When Prince Charles becomes King, the jewelry that she can wear will be upgraded. Royal jewelry is always an indicator of rank within the family and is worn to show royal status. For Kate to wear as much jewelry as Camilla or the Queen just isn't on.
No one is saying for her to go about dripping in diamonds like Queen Mary did back in the old days. Those days are long gone.

Catherine is a senior royal next to The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall, it's her place to wear the family heirlooms when the time calls for it.

Yes, Catherine can borrow jewels from The Queen, if she ask. She's already done this.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
No one is saying for her to go about dripping in diamonds like Queen Mary did back in the old days. Those days are long gone.

Catherine is a senior royal next to The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall, it's her place to wear the family heirlooms when the time calls for it.

Yes, Catherine can borrow jewels from The Queen, if she ask. She's already done this.
I don't think they usually ask for the jewels. I think they are suggested to wear them. And QEII seems to be very sparse with what she loans out.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Mermaid1962's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: NearTheCoast, Canada
Posts: 6,004
Yes, "when the time calls for it." Not many of those times have happened yet, just her wedding and the Diplomatic Reception. She hasn't attended a State Banquet or the State Opening of Parliament.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I don't think they usually ask for the jewels. I think they are suggested to wear them. And QEII seems to be very sparse with what she loans out.
I think they have to ask to borrow some jewels; the Queen most likely won't suggest they wear them. I think the royal ladies choose what interests them. Diana, Anne, Sophie, Camilla and now Catherine have done this.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Stefan's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Esslingen, Germany
Posts: 3,424
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Britain has gone through a time of deep recession, and so I think that Catherine is doing a wise thing in not wearing a lot of jewelry. Besides, we really don't know how much of that jewelry she actually has access to. Does Her Majesty give free access to the jewel vaults, or does each piece need to be asked for and returned immediately after use? I don't expect to see Catherine in a tiara unless it's for a high state occasion such as the Opening of Parliament, a State Banquet, or the Diplomatic Reception. When Prince Charles becomes King, the jewelry that she can wear will be upgraded. Royal jewelry is always an indicator of rank within the family and is worn to show royal status. For Kate to wear as much jewelry as Camilla or the Queen just isn't on.
But she could sometimes use some smaller Jewels for her day engagements. Like a broosh or a pearl necklace or a small pearl choker. And for the evening galas or Premieres she attends she could also wear necklaces.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Dman's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Midwest, United States
Posts: 11,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But she could sometimes use some smaller Jewels for her day engagements. Like a broosh or a pearl necklace or a small pearl choker. And for the evening gals or Premieres she attends she could also wear necklaces.
I agree. She could wear some brooches for her official engagements and wear necklaces for her evening engagements. She also can play around with the jewels to make them look a little less overwhelming. She could wear The Queen Mother's Diamond and Sapphire brooch, her polar bear brooch she received in Canada.
__________________
"THE REAL POWER OF A MAN IS IN THE SIZE OF THE SMILE OF THE WOMAN SITTING NEXT TO HIM."

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Queen Camilla's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Chicago, United States
Posts: 1,861
There is at least one separate thread on what jewelry Kate will wear?

This thread is about suggested changes to the jewels.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 02-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
But she could sometimes use some smaller Jewels for her day engagements. Like a broosh or a pearl necklace or a small pearl choker. And for the evening gals or Premieres she attends she could also wear necklaces.
But that is some really out of date jewels.... Kate is a modern, minimalistic woman. I don't know any of those who would put a pearl choker on.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: ***, Sweden
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
There is at least one separate thread on what jewelry Kate will wear?

This thread is about suggested changes to the jewels.
True, so to spin of off this. I would want some new jewels be done with all the queens brooches (late ofc, she's still using them). A brooch can be pretty, but it can look really old. I would love for some to be made/make a double use for them to be easily put in hair. Alot (like the wheat brooches from Queen Victoria) would look great in an updo or half updo.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
british, jewels, queen elizabeth, royal


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Swedish jewels: Suggested changes muriel Royal Jewels General Discussion 35 02-04-2015 04:41 PM
Suggested changes or additional features RhapsodyBrat Forum Announcements and Admin 51 07-13-2011 11:59 AM
Suggested jewels for Crown Princess Mary to celebrate the birth of twins dee4855 Royal Jewels General Discussion 33 01-10-2011 01:37 PM
Suggested names and godparents of Marie Chantals' 5th child Fashionista100 Crown Prince Pavlos, Marie Chantal and Family 178 08-06-2009 06:28 PM
It's a girl! Amelia Morales October 2007 and suggested godparents monica The Royal Family of Greece 92 05-21-2008 10:06 AM




Popular Tags
ascot 2016 best gown best gown september 2016 best hat best outfit best outfit june 2016 catherine middleton style coup d'etat crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mary fashion crown princess mette-marit current events duchess of cambridge e-mail fashion poll grand duke jean greece harald kate middleton king abdullah ii king felipe king felipe vi king willem-alexander may 2016 member introduction monarchy new zealand nobel gala norway november 2016 october 2016 opening of parliament picture of the week prince bernhard prince charles princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess mary daytime fashion princess mary fashion princess mary hats princess stéphanie's fashion & style queen letizia queen letizia casual outfits queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen mathilde queen mathildes outfits queen maxima queen maxima casual wear queen maxima daytime fashion queen maxima fashion queen maxima hats queen maxima style queen rania royal fashion royal visits september 2016 state visit state visit to denmark state visit to france succession sweden the duchess of cambridge the duchess of cambridge casual wear the duchess of cambridge daytime fashion the duchess of cambridge fashion the duchess of cambridge hats


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:46 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016
Jelsoft Enterprises