The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-04-2015, 09:48 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Waht i would change at the ruby tiara are to remove or replace this diamond antennas between the ruby roses.
I agree, moving the diamond "antennae" to the ruby roses would certainly achieve what I was suggesting.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:12 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think what really make the difference for the British jewels is they need younger wearers. The stuff really looked amazing when the Queen, Queen Mother wore them in their younger days.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-04-2015, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
I agree, moving the diamond "antennae" to the ruby roses would certainly achieve what I was suggesting.
But without those antennae there would be huge gaps, as the roses are pretty far apart. I'm not sure that would help the look of this tiara. Better to leave it in the vault and undust the oriental circlet.

Old 02-04-2015, 10:47 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
But without those antennae there would be huge gaps, as the roses are pretty far apart. I'm not sure that would help the look of this tiara.
Perhaps I ought to be clearer. The antennae per se stay, except some of the diamonds are swapped with some of the rubies in the roses. The rubies and diamonds interspersed in the roses would, IMO, considerably improve the look. The rubies freed up from the roses could go back to the antennae.

Quote:
Better to leave it in the vault and undust the oriental circlet.
The Oriental Circlet is lovely, I do hope Camilla uses it when she is Queen.
Old 02-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I think what really make the difference for the British jewels is they need younger wearers. The stuff really looked amazing when the Queen, Queen Mother wore them in their younger days.
Catherine is starting to wear some royal heirlooms. I am sure, in the next 5 - 7 years, we will see her wear a lot more, as she increases her attendance of events requiring serious jewels.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
But without those antennae there would be huge gaps, as the roses are pretty far apart. I'm not sure that would help the look of this tiara. Better to leave it in the vault and undust the oriental circlet.
The could use the dmaond from the antennas to make diamond roses and place them instead of the antennas between the ruby roses.
The Queen has worn the oriental circlet but only once. Obviously she prefers the burmese ruby tiara.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:08 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Perhaps I ought to be clearer. The antennae per se stay, except some of the diamonds are swapped with some of the rubies in the roses. The rubies and diamonds interspersed in the roses would, IMO, considerably improve the look. The rubies freed up from the roses could go back to the antennae.

The Oriental Circlet is lovely, I do hope Camilla uses it when she is Queen.
Ok, now I understand, that really makes sense. At the moment the rubies look like big, fat blotches, imo.

The Oriental Circlet would suit Camillas style perfectly. And this is one tiara that really needs not change. It is beautiful as it is. Although I'd like to see some interchangeable opals, to give it back it's historic look.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:21 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Catherine is starting to wear some royal heirlooms. I am sure, in the next 5 - 7 years, we will see her wear a lot more, as she increases her attendance of events requiring serious jewels.
Actually, right now I think she's understanding that she is third lady in the land and that she should be wearing these jewels.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-05-2015, 03:19 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Actually, right now I think she's understanding that she is third lady in the land and that she should be wearing these jewels.
In my view, she will wear the jewels when she attends events that warrant the jewels.
Old 02-05-2015, 03:40 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
In my view, she will wear the jewels when she attends events that warrant the jewels.
Well, yeah. Like she's done for the gala reception and dinner in New York, and art gala in London. Of course she'll wear them at royal events. I'm just saying, she's a future Queen and she should be wearing the royal heirlooms. Catherine could take many of her mother-in-law jewels, Queen's jewels and her own jewels and change them up to fit her style and taste. It's about playing around with them and coming up with her own unique ways to wearing them. Or she could leave them as they are. The important part is to actually wear them.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Majesty

Britain has gone through a time of deep recession, and so I think that Catherine is doing a wise thing in not wearing a lot of jewelry. Besides, we really don't know how much of that jewelry she actually has access to. Does Her Majesty give free access to the jewel vaults, or does each piece need to be asked for and returned immediately after use? I don't expect to see Catherine in a tiara unless it's for a high state occasion such as the Opening of Parliament, a State Banquet, or the Diplomatic Reception. When Prince Charles becomes King, the jewelry that she can wear will be upgraded. Royal jewelry is always an indicator of rank within the family and is worn to show royal status. For Kate to wear as much jewelry as Camilla or the Queen just isn't on.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:32 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Britain has gone through a time of deep recession, and so I think that Catherine is doing a wise thing in not wearing a lot of jewelry. Besides, we really don't know how much of that jewelry she actually has access to. Does Her Majesty give free access to the jewel vaults, or does each piece need to be asked for and returned immediately after use? I don't expect to see Catherine in a tiara unless it's for a high state occasion such as the Opening of Parliament, a State Banquet, or the Diplomatic Reception. When Prince Charles becomes King, the jewelry that she can wear will be upgraded. Royal jewelry is always an indicator of rank within the family and is worn to show royal status. For Kate to wear as much jewelry as Camilla or the Queen just isn't on.
No one is saying for her to go about dripping in diamonds like Queen Mary did back in the old days. Those days are long gone.

Catherine is a senior royal next to The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall, it's her place to wear the family heirlooms when the time calls for it.

Yes, Catherine can borrow jewels from The Queen, if she ask. She's already done this.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-05-2015, 05:38 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
No one is saying for her to go about dripping in diamonds like Queen Mary did back in the old days. Those days are long gone.

Catherine is a senior royal next to The Queen and Duchess of Cornwall, it's her place to wear the family heirlooms when the time calls for it.

Yes, Catherine can borrow jewels from The Queen, if she ask. She's already done this.
I don't think they usually ask for the jewels. I think they are suggested to wear them. And QEII seems to be very sparse with what she loans out.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:46 PM
Majesty

Yes, "when the time calls for it." Not many of those times have happened yet, just her wedding and the Diplomatic Reception. She hasn't attended a State Banquet or the State Opening of Parliament.
Old 02-05-2015, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernameispekka View Post
I don't think they usually ask for the jewels. I think they are suggested to wear them. And QEII seems to be very sparse with what she loans out.
I think they have to ask to borrow some jewels; the Queen most likely won't suggest they wear them. I think the royal ladies choose what interests them. Diana, Anne, Sophie, Camilla and now Catherine have done this.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-05-2015, 05:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
But she could sometimes use some smaller Jewels for her day engagements. Like a broosh or a pearl necklace or a small pearl choker. And for the evening galas or Premieres she attends she could also wear necklaces.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:07 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
But she could sometimes use some smaller Jewels for her day engagements. Like a broosh or a pearl necklace or a small pearl choker. And for the evening gals or Premieres she attends she could also wear necklaces.
I agree. She could wear some brooches for her official engagements and wear necklaces for her evening engagements. She also can play around with the jewels to make them look a little less overwhelming. She could wear The Queen Mother's Diamond and Sapphire brooch, her polar bear brooch she received in Canada.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 02-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Royal Highness

There is at least one separate thread on what jewelry Kate will wear?

This thread is about suggested changes to the jewels.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
But she could sometimes use some smaller Jewels for her day engagements. Like a broosh or a pearl necklace or a small pearl choker. And for the evening gals or Premieres she attends she could also wear necklaces.
But that is some really out of date jewels.... Kate is a modern, minimalistic woman. I don't know any of those who would put a pearl choker on.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:31 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen Camilla View Post
There is at least one separate thread on what jewelry Kate will wear?

This thread is about suggested changes to the jewels.
True, so to spin of off this. I would want some new jewels be done with all the queens brooches (late ofc, she's still using them). A brooch can be pretty, but it can look really old. I would love for some to be made/make a double use for them to be easily put in hair. Alot (like the wheat brooches from Queen Victoria) would look great in an updo or half updo.

Tags
british, jewels, queen elizabeth, royal