Bridal Tiaras at Past Royal Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best bridal tara

• Mathilde of Belgium

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Máxima of The Netherlands

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Mary of Denmark

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Letizia of Spain

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Victoria of Sweden

Votes: 38 26.6%
  • Claire of Belgium

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Laurentien of The Netherlands

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Mabel of Orange-Nassau (The Netherlands)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange-Nassau/ van Vollenhoven Princesses (The Netherlands)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martha-Louise of Norway

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Marie of Denmark

Votes: 14 9.8%
  • Elena of Spain

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Cristina of Spain

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Sophie Wessex (UK)

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
That's a nice close up of Mette-Marit's tiara; the simplicity of it went great with her dress. I have never really paid attention to her tiara because the dress is so magnificent and is the star.
Does anyone have a close up of Letizia's tiara?

In addition to the lovely picture posted by IloveCP, a better view of the tiara as worn by Princess Letizia on her wedding day. Letizia also wore the tiara on several different occasions, including state events. Queen Sofia wore the same tiara for her own wedding, as well as on numerous different occasions. Both ladies looked absolutely beautiful.

Apart from Queen Sofia and Princess Letizia, the Prussian Diamond Tiara was worn by several other famous royal ladies, including Princess Victoria Louise (the daughter of Kaiser Wilhelm II of Prussia), Queen Frederika of Greece, Infanta Elena, and Infanta Cristina.

Last edited:
I never thought I'd vote Elena of spain on anything. But her tiara looks amazing.

All the tiaras is beautiful but i like more the tiara of Princess Marie.

I must say I truly disliked the cameo tiara. However, after recently seeing a faithfully reproduced replica in person, it looks lovely up close. Very much a work of art!

All the tiaras so beautiful . I love more the Nine Provinces Tiara.

i always really liked MM's wedding tiara. it is simple and understated.

I really like Princess Anne's Festoon Tiara. Not a huge fan of Zara's or Lady Sarah's honestly.

LaRae

I've never paid much attention to the The Snowdon Floral Tiara but its really gorgeous and a perfect wedding tiara.

Like everything else historically significant wedding tiaras have to be set in its right time and place.

Throughout the entire run-up to CP Victoria's wedding I think the vast majority of us were hoping she would NOT wear the abominable Cameo Tiara as her mother did. Never mind the atrocious veil!

I didn't care how old it was, I thought it almost ugly. But, I had forgotten that when Sylvia walked up the aisle she walked as a commoner. When King Carl Gustav walked her back it was as his Queen.

When Victoria stepped out of the car and stood on the Cathedral steps she looked every inch the Queen she will become. Resplendent in the Cameo Tiara atop the historic veil, she looked positively Magestic.

Like everything else historically significant wedding tiaras have to be set in its right time and place.

Throughout the entire run-up to CP Victoria's wedding I think the vast majority of us were hoping she would NOT wear the abominable Cameo Tiara as her mother did. Never mind the atrocious veil!

I didn't care how old it was, I thought it almost ugly. But, I had forgotten that when Sylvia walked up the aisle she walked as a commoner. When King Carl Gustav walked her back it was as his Queen.

When Victoria stepped out of the car and stood on the Cathedral steps she looked every inch the Queen she will become. Resplendent in the Cameo Tiara atop the historic veil, she looked positively Magestic.
I had to smile when I read this comment, because I was one of those people who really, really hoped that it wouldn't be the cameo tiara for Victoria. What shall I say, I now love the way Victoria had looked with it. Meanwhile, I have even come to like the way Silvia, Desiree and Birgitta looked with it. But for me it had nothing to do with them being either princesses or a commoner, it was just that Victoria looked lovely and shining. She wore it really well, and it worked well with her gown and the way she had placed the veil.

I wish that I could pick more than one favorite. If I could, I would pick Claire of Belgium and Mette Marit for how well their tiaras worked with their features, Laurentien of the Netherlands for just how well the Laurel wreath worked with her updo, plus the similarity of her name to the tiara, lol, and finally Victoria. The Cameo just was an added facet to her glow that day, plus it emphasized to me, at least, that here was a future queen on her wedding day. I just can't pick one from these.

I never like the cameo, too. But Victoria's look definitely is my favourite, every piece works amazingly well with other piece. I just love the cameo in Victoria's wedding day.

My updated favorites, in no specific order:

Diana, Princess of Wales
Queen Mathilde
Crown Princess Mette Marit
Princess Martha Louise
Queen Beatrix
Queen Margrethe
Princess Margaret
Crown Princess Mary
Princess Marie of Denmark
Princess Claire of Belgium
Infanta Cristina
Countess Alexandra
Crown Princess Victoria
Princess Madeleine
HGD Stephanie
Princess Claire of Luxembourg
Princess Eugenie
Crown Princess Masako
Queen Elizabeth II
Sophie, Countess of Wessex
Princess Tatiana of Greece
Princess Clotide of Savoy
Serena, Countess of Snowdon

Last edited:
The wedding tiaras I liked the most were:
Tiara of Letizia from Spain;
Tiara of Mary from Denmark;
Tiara of Victoria from Sweden;
Tiara of Infanta Cristina;
Dutch Maxima Tiara.

I like the Snowdon Floral Tiara that Lady Sarah Armstrong-Jones wore.

My all-time favorite majestic wedding tiara is that of princess Beatrix of The Netherlands on her wedding day with Jonkheer Claus von Amsberg.

Back
Top Bottom