Bridal Tiaras at Past Royal Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Best bridal tara

• Mathilde of Belgium

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • Máxima of The Netherlands

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Mette-Marit of Norway

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • Mary of Denmark

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • Letizia of Spain

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Victoria of Sweden

Votes: 38 26.6%
  • Claire of Belgium

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Laurentien of The Netherlands

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Mabel of Orange-Nassau (The Netherlands)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange-Nassau/ van Vollenhoven Princesses (The Netherlands)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Martha-Louise of Norway

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Marie of Denmark

Votes: 14 9.8%
  • Elena of Spain

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Cristina of Spain

Votes: 7 4.9%
  • Sophie Wessex (UK)

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
Kate wore an, old, unattractive piece that was handed to her. No one ever wore it because they wanted to. It was ho hum!!!

I think the piece actually is beautiful Art Deco - it is just not fitting everybody - and surely not Pr. Anne .....
IMHO - I think they did a nice choice here. :flowers:

In the newest US Vanity Fair that just came on the stands, author Katie Nicholl wrote that HM gave Kate the choice of THREE tiaras to wear on her wedding day.

Kate chose the Halo Tiara because it was the smallest and went best with her hairstyle and veil.:whistling: She had wanted to wear flowers, but was persuaded by Camilla to go with a tiara.

I really think that not only displays modesty, but class and confidence as well on Kate's part.

Some women would have gone for the biggest(cough* Vladimar Tiara *cough) tiara they could get ahold of.

In the newest US Vanity Fair that just came on the stands, author Katie Nicholl wrote that HM gave Kate the choice of THREE tiaras to wear on her wedding day.

Kate chose the Halo Tiara because it was the smallest and went best with her hairstyle and veil.:whistling: She had wanted to wear flowers, but was persuaded by Camilla to go with a tiara.

I really think that not only displays modesty, but class and confidence as well on Kate's part.

Some women would have gone for the biggest(cough* Vladimar Tiara *cough) tiara they could get ahold of.
I wonder what Katie Nicholl's source is. But I can imagine that this piece of information is true. The halo tiara suited Kate's style perfectly and I can well imagine that she chose it herself. I'd just love to know which the other 2 tiaras were.

I voted for Letizia, but the halo tiara is my new favorite, it looked so great on Kate.

I wonder what Katie Nicholl's source is. But I can imagine that this piece of information is true. The halo tiara suited Kate's style perfectly and I can well imagine that she chose it herself. I'd just love to know which the other 2 tiaras were.

Me too...I would LOVE to know what the other two choices were! :whistling:

Moonmaiden23 said:

Ditto...oh to be a fly on the wall...

I would imagine it would be the Cambride or Teck Moon tiara.But Im just guessing!

IloveCP said:
I would imagine it would be the Cambride or Teck Moon tiara.But Im just guessing!

I'm still hoping there's a tiara event on this Canada visit. If there is, she'll have to wear a different one since her wedding tiara is due to go on display... Fingers crossed!

I'd take a punt on the Teck Circle and the Marie Feodorovna sapphire Bandeau (possibly with an alternative centre stone)

The sapphire tiara would go great with her engagment ring.

The Strathmore Rose could also have been on of them.
I hope that Kate will wear the sapphire bandeau one day. But I'm not fond of coloured stones for wedding tiaras.

:previous:
thanks stephanievl :flowers:
I've replaced the broken link in post #14.

I think it was Margaret but Im only 95% sure.

In my opinion,the most original wedding tiaras were worn by CP Victoria,Princess Maxima and CP Mary of Denmark

1.Diana
2.Margaret
3.Sophie
4.Maxima
5.Mette Marit
6.Victoria

So far my choices are Sarah Ferguson and Princess Maxima.

I know this thread is quite old so I hope it's ok to answer the original question. I like Crown Princess Victoria's best. I think Queen Sylvia wore it even better. It's so unusual because it's full of cameos rather than diamonds but so striking. I like the history behind it as well. My least favorite is Mabel's. Like everything else she wears it's a hot mess.

Lalla Salma was not on the list but I just looked at the link of her tiara and I think it's my favorite of the diamond and gem type ones.

I was not impressed with the tiaras of the Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Charlene. I expected something more grand.

Nice Tiara indeed , I Like Most One Aquamarines Stone Tiara & Clotilde Courau Tiara, Thanx for Posting

Last edited:
One of my favourite wedding tiaras is the Isenburg Tiara worn by Princess Sophie of Isenburg for her wedding to Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia. It's a beautiful and delicate tiara, modern yet also infinitely traditional one.

Another favourite of my is The Diamond Daisy Tiara worn by Mette-Marit for her wedding to Crown Prince Haakon. I know it's not a popular choice and is often considered to be too subtle and perhaps even insignificant for the future Queen, but in my opinion, it just went perfectly with Mette-Marit's gorgeous gown - both are timelessly elegant.

Last edited:
That's a nice close up of Mette-Marit's tiara; the simplicity of it went great with her dress. I have never really paid attention to her tiara because the dress is so magnificent and is the star.
Does anyone have a close up of Letizia's tiara?

Last edited:
That's a nice close up of Mette-Marit's tiara; the simplicity of it went great with her dress. I have never really paid attention to her tiara because the dress is so magnificent and is the star.
Does anyone have a close up of Letizia's tiara?

Here is the best one I could find.

Back
Top Bottom