The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-14-2019, 03:36 PM
Super Moderator

I really hope that Lady Gabriella will wear a tiara at all. Her sister-in-law didn't, though we don't know the reason. Imo, both of Princess Michael's tiaras are beautiful and would make lovely wedding tiaras. But because of the family tradition, I hope that she will wear the fringe tiara.

Old 05-15-2019, 04:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

I hope Gabriella wears the fringe tiara for her wedding.
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/8b/09...f02f10dedf.jpg

Old 05-15-2019, 05:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I figured she would wear the fringe but there are two or three other Kent tiaras so I guess she could wear a different one..or none!

LaRae
Old 05-15-2019, 08:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I really hope that Lady Gabriella will wear a tiara at all. Her sister-in-law didn't, though we don't know the reason. Imo, both of Princess Michael's tiaras are beautiful and would make lovely wedding tiaras. But because of the family tradition, I hope that she will wear the fringe tiara.
Well, her sister in law opted for sort of bandeau, but don't is it with pearls or something else.
Old 05-16-2019, 09:39 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pranter View Post
I figured she would wear the fringe but there are two or three other Kent tiaras so I guess she could wear a different one..or none!

LaRae
There are three Kent tiaras which have not been sold. 2 belong to her mother, the fringe and the festoon. Though the fringe has been worn by Alexandra as well. And there is the small tiara worn by the duchess of Kent. Alexandra has a tiara but it is from her husband so not really a Kent piece.

The Duchess of Kent did make a tiara as well from the sapphire necklace of their sapphire set (the actual tiara having been sold).

Unlike the Gloucesters who have four major tiaras, the Kents sold off a few of their historical pieces in recent decades.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator

So, everybody who guessed the fringe tiara for Lady Gabriella Windsor got it right!

Now that the wedding season seems to have kicked off for this year I can't wait to see the next wedding tiara. The next wedding date I know of is June 29 for Prinz Joachim von Preussen & Countess Angelina zu Solms-Laubach. I am not aware of any tiara in the Solms-Laubach family. But the groom's sister recently wore the Prussian meander kokoshnik. So that's what I think Countess Angelina will wear as well.

Old 05-21-2019, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
So, everybody who guessed the fringe tiara for Lady Gabriella Windsor got it right!

Now that the wedding season seems to have kicked off for this year I can't wait to see the next wedding tiara. The next wedding date I know of is June 29 for Prinz Joachim von Preussen & Countess Angelina zu Solms-Laubach. I am not aware of any tiara in the Solms-Laubach family. But the groom's sister recently wore the Prussian meander kokoshnik. So that's what I think Countess Angelina will wear as well.

Another Wedding is the Wedding or Prince Casimir zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn and Alana bune on 01. June. Probably she will wear a tiara from the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Family.

Old 05-21-2019, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator

The Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn family still seem to have a number of beautiful tiara. Since it's Casimir's second wedding, I assume that the bride will wear a smaller tiara. I don't know if his first wedding to Corinna Larsen was a religious wedding. Isn't the family catholic? That might mean that it will only be a civil wedding without a tiara. If it's a church wedding I hope for the diamond and pearl tiara that Philippa Spanocchi wore on her wedding.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:20 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
The Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn family still seem to have a number of beautiful tiara. Since it's Casimir's second wedding, I assume that the bride will wear a smaller tiara. I don't know if his first wedding to Corinna Larsen was a religious wedding. Isn't the family catholic? That might mean that it will only be a civil wedding without a tiara. If it's a church wedding I hope for the diamond and pearl tiara that Philippa Spanocchi wore on her wedding.
Actually the Wedding of Prince Casimir and Corinna Larsen was only a civil Wedding and now is is a religious Weddin in the Abbeychruch at Sayn.

The tiara worn by Cointess Felipa Spannocchi was beautiful but not sure if it from the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Family. As she was a austrian Countess it could also be from her Family.

Don't know if the tiara the late Pricness Filippa wore was a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn tiara or not. Princess Alexandra wore the Oettingen-Wallerstein tiara for her first Wedding to Hereditary Prince Carl Eugen zu Oettingen-Wallerstein.

Old 05-21-2019, 04:04 PM
Majesty

And the next religious wedding will be of Prince Otto of Castell-Rüdenhausen and Sophia Mautner von Markhof in Vienna on 15 June.
Old 05-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Actually the Wedding of Prince Casimir and Corinna Larsen was only a civil Wedding and now is is a religious Weddin in the Abbeychruch at Sayn.

The tiara worn by Cointess Felipa Spannocchi was beautiful but not sure if it from the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn Family. As she was a austrian Countess it could also be from her Family.

Don't know if the tiara the late Pricness Filippa wore was a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn tiara or not. Princess Alexandra wore the Oettingen-Wallerstein tiara for her first Wedding to Hereditary Prince Carl Eugen zu Oettingen-Wallerstein.
That's good news about the religious wedding.

I'm sure that Priscilla Inisa della Rochetta wore the same wedding tiara as Felipa Spannochi. Also, I think that Fürstin Gabriela wore it at the first wedding of Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg. So this tiara must definitely be a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn tiara.

I don't know about the big diamond tiara worn by Princess Philippa either. But there is a bandeau tiara that is topped with three floral elements. It has been worn by Fürstin Manni as well as by some of her descendants, including her grand daughter Baroness Isabella Schuler von Senden, who got married with it in 2001, I think. So it's probably still in the family. It's just not as nice as the tiara pearl and diamond tiara, imo.

Also, Sunnyi Melles wore a different, small bandeau when she married Prince Peter. But I know nothing else about that tiara.

Old 05-21-2019, 06:03 PM
Majesty

Charlotte Casiraghi's hair has not been so long since her late teens. It was near her waist at Cannes last week.

A bride to be who grows her hair very long is probably thinking of an elaborate chignon(think Stephanie de Lannoy in 2012 and Gabriella Windsor this last weekend)

I am hoping that Charlotte's mane=elegant bridal updo=tiara at her wedding.

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 05-21-2019, 06:29 PM

Tiara

I've been thinking about her long hair to. Tatiana grew her hair out before wedding and she wore the fringe tiara. I wish Charlotte would.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:02 AM
Super Moderator

It would be great if Charlotte wore a wedding tiara. I just hope, that they won't try to keep things as secret as Tatiana and Andrea did. We don't have any good pictures from Tatiana's fringe tiara, but I don't think that it's the same as the fringe necklace that Caroline wore. The necklace seems to have fewer fringes that become very short towards the sides. And the tips of the fringes seemed to be shaped differently.

Also, I hope that Marie Cavalier will wear a tiara when she gets married. Princess Stephanie has never worn one, but that doesn't mean that her daughter-in-law can't borrow one of the family tiara. They seem to be planning a big and traditional wedding a Monaco cathedral, so that's a venue where s tiara would be absolutely fitting.

Old 05-22-2019, 07:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
This tiara was worn by the mother of Princess Gabriela zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn, Princess Helene von Thurn und Taxis, so it could be either Thurn und Taxis or Schönborn-Wiesentheid inheritance. The photo was taken by me at Sayn castle.

https://ibb.co/8MXkPKR

This is the picture. Sorry for low quality picture, but that's the best I could do as the photo was behind all other family photos.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:02 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks for the picture! I've seen another capture of this pic before, but never made the connection with the tiara worn by all the Sayn ladies.

Old 05-22-2019, 08:32 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Thanks for the picture! I've seen another capture of this pic before, but never made the connection with the tiara worn by all the Sayn ladies.
I have posted this cropped picture several years ago, but couldn't find where, so I posted the whole one again.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
I have posted this cropped picture several years ago, but couldn't find where, so I posted the whole one again.
That might be the one I've seen.

Old 05-22-2019, 09:18 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
That might be the one I've seen.
As we can see that it is dated 1969 one might guess that the picture was taken at pre-wedding ball in magnificent Castle Weißenstein which still belongs to Gabriela's Schönborn-Wiesentheid family.

Here is a link to the castle where the Sayn/Schönborn wedding was held:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schloss_Wei%C3%9Fenstein

So, if Princess Helene wore this tiara before/during the wedding it would strongly suggest that the tiara was inherited by Gabriela through her mothers or fathers family(Thurn und Taxis and Schönborn-Wiesentheid) and thus came into Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn possession.