The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which was the best tiara appearance in March 2015?
10 10.42%
6 6.25%
3 3.13%
1 1.04%
57 59.38%
1 1.04%
6 6.25%
2 2.08%
1 1.04%
2 2.08%
2 2.08%
0 0%
5 5.21%
Other, please specify 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2015, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Best Tiara Appearance: March 2015

Welcome to the Tiara of the Month poll for the best Tiara and Jewels Appearance in March 2015.
The poll will close on May 1, 2015.

Please feel free to discuss which tiara you voted for but remember to tell us why.

Have fun!

Picture of the Week Coordinators
ANNIE_S, Humera, soapstar, Tilia C.

All images used in this poll have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Old 03-21-2015, 12:58 PM
Super Moderator

March 2, 2015: State Banquet for the President of Colombia
- Queen Letizia wears the floral tiara

March 3, 2015: State Banquet at the Swedish State Visit to Finland
- Queen Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg sapphire parure

March 3, 2015: State Banquet for the President of Mexico
- Queen Elizabeth wears Queen Alexandra’s kokoshnik tiara

March 4, 2015: Return Dinner hosted by the King of Sweden at the State Visit to Finland
- Queen Silvia wears Queen Sophia’s diamond tiara (nine prongs tiara)

March 17, 2015: State Banquet at the State Visit from the Netherlands to Denmark
- Queen Maxima wears the original version of Queen Emma's sapphire tiara for the first time

- Queen Margrethe II wears the Orange Nassau pearl tiara

- Crown Princess Mary wears her wedding gift tiara

- Princess Marie wears her floral wedding tiara

- Princess Benedikte wears the Berleburg fringe tiara

March 18, 2015: State Banquet for the President of Latvia

- Queen Sonja wears large setting of Queen Maud's pearl tiara

- Crown Princess Mette-Marit wears the amethyst parure

March 23, 2015: Coronation of the Sultan of Johor
- Raja Zarith Sofiah, wife of Sultan Ibrahim Ismailm, is wearing the Johor State Diadem

- Crown Princess Che Puan Khaleeda Binti Bustaman wears an emerald parure at the coronation banquet

Old 04-01-2015, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

I was so excited to see Queen Maxima wearing the large, original version of the sapphire tiara for the first time. She has worn a smaller setting of it at WA's coronation, and as this smaller setting was seen for the first time ever I wonder if it were a permanent change. She answered my question at the State Banquet in Denmark: the tiara is versatile, not only is it still possible to wear the original version, the Queen also intends to do so!

On top of that it is a gorgeous tiara, matched with the perfect dress to enhance it's beauty, and a lovely up-do hairstyle. The only critism I have is that the wire frame was rather visible.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

Correction: the impressive diamonds-and-sapphires diadem was not made for Queen Wilhelmina but for her mother Queen Emma of the Netherlands born Princess von Waldeck und Pyrmont (1858-1934). It was a gift from her husband, King Willem III of the Netherlands.

Recently the jeweller George Hamel, working for Steltman Jewellers in The Hague (which does the maintenance of the Orange-Nassau jewels) discovered that the diadem was ordered in 1879 at Maison Van der Stichel Bijoutier & Jouaillier, Keizersgracht 705, in Amsterdam. Queen Wilhelmina was not born then.

This is the order and drawing:
Old 04-01-2015, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Thank's for alerting me of my mistake. I edited the post.

Old 04-01-2015, 12:55 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

With tiaras I usually prefer the 'go big or go home' option, so for me it is a tie between the Queens of Sweden, Denmark and The Netherlands. As it is only the second time that Queen Máxima wears this tiara, that tiara has more of a 'wow'-factor for me, so in the end I voted for her.
Old 04-01-2015, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
With tiaras I usually prefer the 'go big or go home' option, so for me it is a tie between the Queens of Sweden, Denmark and The Netherlands. As it is only the second time that Queen Máxima wears this tiara, that tiara has more of a 'wow'-factor for me, so in the end I voted for her.
I hope you don't mean that those ladies who only own small tiaras are supposed to stay at home? But I agree that the wow-factor has to do with size and also with the novelty of a tiara. The Leuchtenberg is a beautiful tiara and Queen Silvia wears it well as usual. But there is no novelty about that, we have seen her wear it dozens of times.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I hope you don't mean that those ladies who only own small tiaras are supposed to stay at home? But I agree that the wow-factor has to do with size and also with the novelty of a tiara. The Leuchtenberg is a beautiful tiara and Queen Silvia wears it well as usual. But there is no novelty about that, we have seen her wear it dozens of times.
I also think this was probably not the best outing of the Leuchtenberg tiara.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

I´ve voted for Maxima too. The tiara is amazing, beautiful and I love the saphires.
Old 04-01-2015, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
The Leuchtenberg is a beautiful tiara and Queen Silvia wears it well as usual. But there is no novelty about that, we have seen her wear it dozens of times.
I agree that it is more exciting to see a royal woman wear a tiara she hasnt worn before or not very often. But for the ladies from the ollder generation like Queen Sivlia, Queen Sonja, Queen Margrethe etc. it is clear that they have worn their tiara plenty of times and usually don't have tiaras they have not worn before.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

On the basis that HM the Queen of Spain needs EVERY encouragement to wear a tiara.. I voted for her...
Old 04-01-2015, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

I love sapphires, so I was torn between the Leuchtenberg worn by Queen Silvia and the sapphire tiara worn by Queen Maxima. I ended up voting for the Leuchtenberg. I know it's been worn many times, but it really is a beautiful tiara.

I also liked Mary's tiara. I love its simplicity and think it looks really good on her.
Old 04-01-2015, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

I voted for H.M.Queen Silvia of Sweden with H.M.Queen Maxima in a close second place.
Old 04-01-2015, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

The central prong of Queen Máxima's diadem indeed is detachable and can be worn as an aigrette, à la mode of that era: to be worn as a hair-ornament with feathers. Here you see an advertisement by Georges Fouquet de Paris with glittering (parts of) diadems à la the mode of these days: see picture. Of course the central prong can also be worn as an impressive brooch.

The diadem without aigrette. ( A flowing line).

The diadem with aigrette. (A 'gothic' look).

Old 04-01-2015, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

I voted for Mette-Marit.
I don´t care about tiaras, but the amethyst parure is one of the few that I really like. Besides it suits her well.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

I've gone down the predictable route and voted for Queen Maxima with Queen Emma's sapphire tiara - it was so good to see it worn again with the additional aigrette and a really lovely surprise. I think it will be a while before we see it again.
My second place would go to Raja Zarith Sofiah wearing the Johor State Diadem - it was so unusual and a perfect crown for a coronation!
Old 04-01-2015, 09:55 PM
Aristocracy

Princess Marie wears her floral wedding tiara. I think it's so beautiful, it reminds me of a tiara Queen Rania wears sometimes.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

I voted for Maxima. The tiara is absolutely magnificent and I don't think I've ever seen sapphires that are so vibrantly blue. Although I do wonder why she did not wear the tiara this way for the coronation. That was the event for her to debut it in its grandest setting. I also loved the Sultanah of Johor's state diadem. The crescent and star motifs are absolutely beautiful.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:14 PM
Nobility

I voted for Queen Maxima. The whole look, tiara and all, was just simply stunning.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:04 AM
Courtier

I voted for Maxima for the same reasons as EllieCat.