The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which was the best tiara appearance in March 2015?
10 10.42%
6 6.25%
3 3.13%
1 1.04%
57 59.38%
1 1.04%
6 6.25%
2 2.08%
1 1.04%
2 2.08%
2 2.08%
0 0%
5 5.21%
Other, please specify 0 0%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-02-2015, 07:49 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae88 View Post
Princess Marie wears her floral wedding tiara. I think it's so beautiful, it reminds me of a tiara Queen Rania wears sometimes.
Didn't you vote for this tiara in the poll? Because there is not a single vote for Marie's floral tiara yet. It's a beautiful tiara and I quite like it myself, but then I am very fond of floral tiaras. I am also a big fan of the Spanish floral tiara.

I'm not sure which tiara of Queen Rania you are thinking, because I can't remember her wearing a floral tiara at all. She wore an ivy leaf tiara once, but I think that one looked quite different because it only had emeralds in it and no diamonds at all.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:13 AM
Serene Highness

Maxxx in this Tiara is simply a stunner! So I voted for her!
BYe Bine

Old 04-02-2015, 08:52 AM
Super Moderator

I finally voted for queen Silvia wearing her sapphire parure because I knew my other favourite (Maxima with the sapphires) would get more than enough votes, so pushing for Silvia seemed right to me.

Those two are my favourite appearances, the two sets are superb, and I really love Silvia's necklace.
Old 04-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Heir Presumptive

Normally Im all Max but the jewels at the coronation of the Sultan. Wow those emeralds won me over!!!
Old 04-03-2015, 12:20 AM
Majesty

I voted for Maxima. She looked magnificent!
Old 04-03-2015, 01:34 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
Normally Im all Max but the jewels at the coronation of the Sultan. Wow those emeralds won me over!!!
Same here. Those emeralds were WOW! They got my vote.
Old 04-03-2015, 11:39 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnystar View Post
Same here. Those emeralds were WOW! They got my vote.
Me too
Though,I love the biggest ones :Maxima and Sivia's saphires and Margarethe diamonds/pearls
Old 04-05-2015, 01:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucymae88 View Post
Princess Marie wears her floral wedding tiara. I think it's so beautiful, it reminds me of a tiara Queen Rania wears sometimes.
I'm very fond of floral tiaras and really like the one Princess Marie received. But I don't remember Queen Rania wearing a floral tiara. She wore an ivy leaf tiara once or twice. But that contained only emeralds and imo it did not resemble the tiara of Marie.

Old 04-05-2015, 02:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Yes, an (awful) ivy-motif diadem with emeralds loaned by the firm Boucheron. The outing was not helped by the non-sophisticated way she wore it, with girlie hanging hair: see picture.

What a world of a differencce an updo makes is shown in this picture. She immediately looks like Lady Numer One of the country. This aside.

I do not reall Queen Rania ever wearing a floral-motif diamond diadem.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:38 PM
Super Moderator

I read a while back that the rather unconventional black gold and emerald ivy tiara worn by Queen Rania has been dismantled.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:06 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
Didn't you vote for this tiara in the poll? Because there is not a single vote for Marie's floral tiara yet. It's a beautiful tiara and I quite like it myself, but then I am very fond of floral tiaras. I am also a big fan of the Spanish floral tiara.

I'm not sure which tiara of Queen Rania you are thinking, because I can't remember her wearing a floral tiara at all. She wore an ivy leaf tiara once, but I think that one looked quite different because it only had emeralds in it and no diamonds at all.
The one I was thinking of has Arabic writing on it. I don't know but Marie's tiara reminded me of Rania's tiara.
Old 04-07-2015, 10:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

I know Im the only one but I loved that emerald leaf tiara by Boucheron
Old 04-10-2015, 06:40 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humera View Post
I read a while back that the rather unconventional black gold and emerald ivy tiara worn by Queen Rania has been dismantled.
I have read the same. Also that it was a loan from Boucheron.

Old 04-19-2015, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Looks like a few of these pieces will be reappearing in next month's poll. I am disappointed with such vigorous recycling from Queen Silvia and Princess Marie in particular. I hope the latter acquires some more impressive pieces, particularly necklaces and earrings. But then Marie doesn't strike me as someone who's into statement jewellery. Does she only have this one tiara? I seem to recall another one that was given to her as a gift, although I might be confusing her with someone else.
Old 04-19-2015, 07:13 PM
Nobility

Quote:
But then Marie doesn't strike me as someone who's into statement jewellery. Does she only have this one tiara? I seem to recall another one that was given to her as a gift, although I might be confusing her with someone else.
I believe she has a modern tiara, as well as the floral one. Princess Mary has a modern one too.
Old 04-19-2015, 10:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
I know Im the only one but I loved that emerald leaf tiara by Boucheron

No, you aren't. I loved it as well. It was so different, but in a really cool and neat way and Queen Raina wore it well too IMO.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 04-20-2015, 04:55 AM
Nobility

I voted Maxima, love sapphires .
Old 04-20-2015, 08:10 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Looks like a few of these pieces will be reappearing in next month's poll. I am disappointed with such vigorous recycling from Queen Silvia and Princess Marie in particular. I hope the latter acquires some more impressive pieces, particularly necklaces and earrings. But then Marie doesn't strike me as someone who's into statement jewellery. Does she only have this one tiara? I seem to recall another one that was given to her as a gift, although I might be confusing her with someone else.
Princess Marie also has a small lily and amethyst tiara made for her by Danish jewelry firm Flora Danica. The company still owns the tiara, but it is at Marie’s disposal to wear it. But it is a small tiara and both the high profile State Visit as well as the big birthday gala probably needed her larger official’ floral tiara. Therefore I am more disappointed by Queen Silvia’s tiara repeat, because she has several tiaras at her disposal and could easily vary them more.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator

Yes now I remember! I suppose that if the second gala for QM's birthday had been a tiara event we might've seen the Flora Danica tiara.
Old 04-21-2015, 05:06 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Yes now I remember! I suppose that if the second gala for QM's birthday had been a tiara event we might've seen the Flora Danica tiara.
That is exactly what I think. I was so sure that the floral tiara would be worn at the second gala. Or it the Dutch State Visit had had a 2nd tiara evening.