The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Jewels > Royal Jewels General Discussion

Join The Royal Forums Today
View Poll Results: Which were the best jewels at Carl Philip and Sofia's wedding?
11 18.64%
8 13.56%
5 8.47%
3 5.08%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
0 0%
1 1.69%
1 1.69%
1 1.69%
0 0%
0 0%
7 11.86%
19 32.20%
0 0%
1 1.69%
0 0%
2 3.39%
Other, please specify 0 0%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-20-2015, 02:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Best Jewels: Wedding of Carl Philip and Sofia, June 2015

Welcome to the poll for the best Tiara and Jewels Appearance at the
Wedding of Prince Carl Philip and Sofia Hellqvist on June 13, 2015

Please discuss which tiara you voted for, and remember to tell us why.

Have fun!

Picture of the Week Coordinators
ANNIE_S, Humera, soapstar, Tilia C.

All images used in this poll have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright

Old 06-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Super Moderator

1. Queen Silvia has worn the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.

2. Crown Princess Victoria has worn the Connaught tiara for the fist time.

3. Princess Sofia has worn a new emerald tiara.

4. Princess Madeleine has worn the modern fringe tiara.

5. Princess Margaretha, Mrs. Ambler, wore her own aquamarine tiara.

6. Princess Birgitta wore the Baden fringe tiara for the first time.

7. Princess Desirée, Baroness Silfverschiöld, wore the large Napoleonic cut steel tiara.

8. Princess Christina, Mrs. Magnuson, wore the six buttons tiara.

9. Queen Mathilde wore the meander base of the nine provinces tiara.

10. Queen Margrethe wore the Baden palmette tiara.

11. Crown Princess Mary wore her wedding tiara with pearls.

12. Princess Marie wore her floral wedding tiara.

13. Princess Tatiana wore a new, small diamond tiara.

14. Princess Hisako of Takamado wore a pearl and diamond tiara.

15. Queen Maxima wore the Mellerio ruby tiara.

15. Queen Sonja wore the large version of Queen Maud's pearl tiara.

17. Crown Princess Mette-Marit wore her wedding tiara.

18. Princess Märtha Louise wore her own diamond and pearl tiara.

19. The Countess of Wessex wore her modern aquamarine tiara.

Old 06-20-2015, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator

There were so many ladies wearing tiaras, that we couldn't include all of them in the poll. If one of the ladies below, or a lady that is not pictured in this post, is you favourite, then please vote for 'Other' and name your choice in your post.

Desirée von Bohlen und Halbach, née Princess von Hohenzollern, wore the Swedish pearl circlets tiara.

Countess Marianne Bernadotte wore her pearl and diamond tiara.

Countess Bettina Bernadotte wore the cuff link tiara.

Princess Ursula of Bavaria wore a tiara inspired by by the Spencer tiara.

Princess Anna of Bavaria wore a diamond spike tiara from her own family, a junior branch of the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburgs.

Old 06-22-2015, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator

Beautiful jewels! But I have to say I had no doubts at all about my favourite. Queen Maxima just wowed me from the very first moment I saw her. So I voted for her.
I also really liked Madeleine and Mary's jewellery choices. I'm glad Mary chose to wear the more embellished version of her wedding tiara.
I am also in love with Martha-Louise's earrings! So pretty.

I was somewhat disappointed with Victoria though....I think the Connaught required a slightly different hairstyle to show it off, something more elaborate and less severe.

As for the bride...as exciting as a new tiara is, I don't think I absolutely loved Sofia's. It was a nice change to see a royal bride wear a more colourful tiara though.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:37 AM
Super Moderator

This one was hard because I had about 3 favorites. I ended up voting for Princess Takamado's diamond and pearl tiara...so pretty.

I also loved Madeleine's fringe tiara (the earrings were great too) and although Princess Tatiana's diamond tiara was small, I thought it was so pretty and looked absolutely perfect on her.

Princess Sofia and CP Victoria round out my top 5.
Old 06-23-2015, 02:23 AM
Heir Apparent

I voted the tiara of Queen Silvia. I adore that tiara. Also i love the tiara of princess Christina. The new tiara of Sofia i don't like it.
Old 06-23-2015, 04:06 AM
Super Moderator

My vote went to Princess Takamado, simply because we rarely get to see such good photos of the Japanese jewels and all her jewels matched beautifully.
Queen Maxima comes in at a close second, because it really was a stunning combination of tiara and necklace.

I also really loved Princess Martha-Louise's earrings too!
Old 06-23-2015, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

That was a tough choice!
Queen Maxima looks great with perfect tiara hair and one of my favourite necklaces. Unfortunately I don't like the prongy look of the Mellerio ruby tiara.

I was excited to see Sofia with a new tiara. But although I don't dislike this tiara, it is not a favourite of mine either. And the hairstyle looked too severe for my taste.

Victoria's hairstyle was also very severe. Imo the tiara would have looked much better with hair à la Maxima. But I just love the Connaught tiara and for years I had wanted to see it on Victoria. Finally I got my wish, and so Victoria got my vote .

Old 06-23-2015, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator

I think Victoria looked great with the Connaught, so she gets my vote. I really wanted to see her with that tiara.

Maxima and Sonja are my runners up, and Silvia and Madeleine's jewells were also stunning.

Old 06-23-2015, 02:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Queen Maxima.
Runners up- Princess Sofia in the emeralds, and the COW in the aquamarines.
But Queen Maxima in those rubies- those rubies- wow is an understatement!
Old 06-23-2015, 02:40 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

H.M Queen Silvia wearing the Leuchtenberg Sapphire tiara.
Old 06-24-2015, 01:26 AM
Majesty

I voted for Queen Silvia. It is my favorite sapphire tiara. I also love Victoria, Maxima and Takamado's jewels.
Old 06-24-2015, 02:23 AM
Heir Presumptive

Normally when it comes to the royal vaults Im all Maxima but I loved the newbridal tiara. It was so unexpected and pretty.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:35 AM
Heir Apparent

I voted for Silvia's sapphires. I had thought they were amethysts, since they seemed to match her gown. Maybe it was an optical illusion with reflection of the colour. Anyway, I think she looked fabulous. I loved the hairstyle with that stunning tiara, too, and the other matching bling made for a wonderful overall look.

My second choice is that interesting number that Princess Desirée wore. Very 1920s. I love it.

And I think Marie of Denmark looked very good. She looks as though she was born to wear a tiara and it looked very secure. Unfortunately some of the other ladies looked a bit as though theirs were in danger of falling off their heads.
Old 06-28-2015, 11:24 PM
Commoner

I vote for Victoria
Old 06-29-2015, 03:08 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
My vote went to Princess Takamado, simply because we rarely get to see such good photos of the Japanese jewels and all her jewels matched beautifully.
Queen Maxima comes in at a close second, because it really was a stunning combination of tiara and necklace.

I also really loved Princess Martha-Louise's earrings too!
Princess Takamado is the Japanese Imperial Family's best kept secret. So elegant and warm!

And I agree about her jewels.
Old 06-29-2015, 07:04 AM
Majesty

I went with Queen Mathilde. Of all the ladies present, there were only a few who wore their jewels with style. And Mathilde had style, from her tiara hair with the requisite tiara, gorgeous diamond and pearl drop earrings and magnificent brooch holding her sash.

Put it all together and it had the discreet Wow factor and, just for fun, a faint echo of twinkling from the crystals of her capped sleeves. Perfect.

Kudos to Mary for her pearl hair clip complimenting her pearl incarnation of her wedding tiara. And to Mette-Marit for the diamond daisies in her hair, matching her earrings and tiara for that matter.

Princess Christina merits an honourable mention for the six button! I don't think anyone has worn it quite so well. The fact that the diamond buttons sparkled so well in her beautiful grey hair was an unexpected bonus as indeed was the fact the diamond clasp of her pearl choker almost matched the buttons in the nicest possible way. Her diamond and pearl drop earring finished suite perfectly.
Old 06-29-2015, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

This was very hard to decide, but queen Silvia's sapphires were so huge and sparkling and stunning with the diamond base I had to choose her. She also had the best tiara hair. The Japanese princess and her hair elegance and wonderful par urge was a tough choice too.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:32 AM
Majesty

I thought Max looked great!
Old 07-01-2015, 11:00 PM
Super Moderator

A few detailed pics:

1. Countess Bettina Bernadotte
  2. Desirée von Bohlen
  3. Princess Ursula
  4. Countess Marianne Bernadotte
  5. detail of Countess Marianne's bracelet and ring

All images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions and are not subject to copyright
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bet.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	295684   Click image for larger version

Name:	des.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	295685   Click image for larger version

Name:	urs.jpg
Views:	62