October 10, State Visit to Poland
1. Queen Mathilde wears Queen Fabiola's Wolfers tiara for the first time.
October 20, State Visit from China
2. Queen Elizabeth II wears the sapphire parure.
3. The Duchess of Cambridge wears the Queen Mother's papyrus tiara.
October 22, Annual Gala for Stortinget in Oslo
4. Queen Sonja wears the large version of Queen Maud's diamond and pearl tiara.
5. Crown Princess Mette-Marit wears her own diamond daisy tiara.
November 4, State Visit from Tunisia
6. Queen Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.
7. Crown Princess Victoria wears the Baden fringe tiara.
November 14, 150th Anniversary of the Innocenceorden
November 27, Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, Malta
9. Queen Elizabeth II wears the Vladimir tiara with emeralds.
10. The Duchess of Cornwall wears the Greville honeycomb tiara.
December 6, Annual Diplomatic Corps Reception
11. The Duchess of Cambridge wears Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara for the first time. picture
(There is no collage because the pictures of this event do not fit our picture guideline's.)
December 10, Nobel Awards Ceremony
12. Queen Silvia wears Queen Sophia's diamond tiara (aka nine prongs tiara).
13. Crown Princess Victoria wears the Connaught tiara.
14. Princess Sofia wears her own emerald tiara
15. Princess Madeleine wears the aquamarine kokoshnik tiara for the first time.
16. Princess Christina wears the six buttons tiara.
17. Countess Bettina Bernadotte wears her family's multicolour tiara.
December 11, The King's Dinner
18. Queen Silvia wears the Leuchtenberg sapphire tiara.
19. Crown Princess Victoria wears the Baden fringe tiara.
20. Princess Sofia wears her own emerald tiara
21. Princess Madeleine wears the modern fringe tiara.
22. Princess Christina wears the six buttons tiara.
17. Countess Bettina Bernadotte wears her family's cuff-link tiara.
I love it when a lady wears a tiara for the first time, and this poll has three of those first time tiaras. Queen Mathilde with the Wolfers tiara was special to see because it wasn't sure who had inherited the jewel. Kate with Queen Mary's lovers knot tiara was a special sight to see, but it couldn't be seen clearly in the car, so that bit disappointed me. I voted for Madeleine with the aquamarine kokoshnik, firstly because I have always liked this tiara very much, secondly because Madeleine looked stunning with perfect tiara hair, and thirdly because the stones mirrored the colour of her eyes .
Madeleine and the kokoshnik is the winner in my book. Maybe because I'm partial (since I'm swedish), but I really loved it in so many ways. First, the sheer surprise of her wearing it. Second, the way it was worn - a high placement on her head, showing it off like I've never seen it before. Third, the whole thing. Her outfit, makeup, hair, tiara - it all showed signs of being very thought through. So she wins :)
There are some great tiaras in the poll. I love the two worn by the Duchess of Cambridge and I went back and forth between which one was my favorite. I ultimately voted for the Papyrus tiara since we got a better view of it. Plus I adore the 2 diamond bracelets that she wore with it.
Princess Madeleine in the kokoshnik tiara, Queen Elizabeth II in the sapphire parure and the Duchess of Cornwall wearing the Greville were also ones that I really liked.
I voted for HM QEII, the Vladimir tiara, especially with the emeralds, is just so iconic on her and we hadn't seen it for a while IIRC. A close runner up for me was Princess Christina, she looked marvelous both nights and I think she wears the Six Button better than anyone else in the family. Love, love, loved Princess Madeleine in the kokoshnik, too, such an elegant lady.
Meh on the Papyrus, it has never been one of my favorites, and as for the Lover's Knot, I agree with Queen Camilla, you can't vote on what you can't see! if it was visible it probably would have been #1 for me, but I felt a little disappointed on both tiara events for Catherine.
I also liked Madeline with the aquamarine kokhsnik. very much. Second for me is Queen Mathilde with the wolfers tiara because i lied that she actually wore 2 tiaras and because we now know that i remains in the belgian collection.
The Duchess of Cambridge with the Lovers tiara i can not judge because we can not see how she has actually worn it from the little we got to see of it in her.
I have a weakness for amethysts and always love them on Victoria but I ended up voting for Madeleine in the aquamarine kokoshnik because it was such a pleasant surprise to see her wearing it. It suited her perfectly and the hairstyle set off the tiara beautifully. I also loved her diamond earrings.
Here's a couple of close-ups of the tiara and the brooch Madeleine wore on her sash (on her back)
*All images have been heavily cropped and are not subject to copyright