Beatrice and Eugenie: Future Tiaras and Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
If the Strathmore Rose Tiara does come back into circulation, I would like to see Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie be able to use it.

I always thought Beatrice in particular, who I think has a very old-fashioned, romantic beauty, would look beautiful in the Strathmore, even in the original low forehead setting.

Sadly, I worry that the Strathmore is no longer in good shape, as it hasn't been publicly seen in so long. Prove me wrong (after Covid-19) your Majesty! Lend it to someone!

:previous:

I think the Strathmore Rose tiara would look great on Princess Beatrice, Princess Eugenie and Lady Louise Windsor, primarily because of their slight resemblance to Queen Victoria, Queen Elizabeth Queen Mother and Queen Mary respectfully.

I agree with you that Princess Beatrice has "old-fashioned and romantic beauty" ?

It wouldnt be the first tiara that was repaired. Jewelers are able to handle it.

I have a feeling the tiara was just too associated with the queen mother, that her daughter chose not to lend it out. It may get brought in future years to come. And if works needs done, it will be done.

It would suit either York princess quite well.

I have a feeling the tiara was just too associated with the queen mother, that her daughter chose not to lend it out. It may get brought in future years to come. And if works needs done, it will be done.

They Honeyomb tiara now worn by Camilla is much more associated with the Queenmother as she wore it regualry for the last 50 years of her life. The Strathomore Rose tiara however was only worn a few times in the 1920's and 30's.

They Honeyomb tiara now worn by Camilla is much more associated with the Queenmother as she wore it regualry for the last 50 years of her life. The Strathomore Rose tiara however was only worn a few times in the 1920's and 30's.

Yes but the strathmore was the Queen mother's personal tiara. It was a wedding gift to her from her parents, worn on her wedding day.

Contrast to a tiara like the honeycomb which was a gift from Mrs Greville, who the tiara originally belonged to. While it was worn by the queen mum much more over the years, it doesnt come close to the sentimental value of the Strathmore does.

It may be as simple as the Rose does indeed need some work. And not ready to see it on someone other then her mum, the Queen hasn't had the work done. The boucheron was in good shape to be used, so its passed to Camilla.

Fair point!

Back
Top Bottom