Beatrice and Eugenie: Future Tiaras and Jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tiaras for Beatrice and Eugenie

What about a piece like Kate's engagement ring?

Since it once belonged to Diana, would it be considered part of the collection?

Or is it Kate's personal property, to be worn or sold if she pleases?

Why would she sell her engagement ring? Even if she divorced William, she is not going to be poor. The ring will be left to most likely George and kept in the family.

What about a piece like Kate's engagement ring?
Since it once belonged to Diana, would it be considered part of the collection?
Or is it Kate's personal property, to be worn or sold if she pleases?

That ring now belongs to Catherine in her personal capacity. William and Harry paid inheritance tax on Diana's estate. This would have covered her personal jewelry, including her engagement ring.

Going forward, Catherimr is free to leace the ring to whomsoever she would like to. Should Catherine pass away after she is Queen and she leaves it to the monarch of the day, no tax would be payable.

Last edited:
I certainly hope that the York girls do not start to attend State banquet or start to represent the nation in any way.

As regards HM leaving them any jewellery, that's really a private matter. A few small pieces as a personal momento is is okay, but I hope they do not get much more than that and the royal collection of jewellery is kept intact . I am sure they will be happier inheriting some cash.

Although i don't know why do you think that the york girl representing the nation would be a bad thing but like i said it's customary that they invite people with association to the visiting country to state banquet.

in the last spanish state visit to the uk they invited Lady Gabriella Windsor who lived for years in spain and used to write for the Spanish Hello! to the state banquet and last year they invited Lady Charlotte Santo Domingo the daughter of The Duke of Wellington and Princess Antonia of Prussia to the colombian state banquet cause her husband is a colombian billionaire.

as for the Queen leaving pieces for them like i said she probably going to give them something versatile that they could wear as a tiara or as a necklace/brooch.

Although i don't know why do you think that the york girl representing the nation would be a bad thing but like i said it's customary that they invite people with association to the visiting country to state banquet.

in the last spanish state visit to the uk they invited Lady Gabriella Windsor who lived for years in spain and used to write for the Spanish Hello! to the state banquet and last year they invited Lady Charlotte Santo Domingo the daughter of The Duke of Wellington and Princess Antonia of Prussia to the colombian state banquet cause her husband is a colombian billionaire.

Neither Lady Gabriella Windsor or Lady Charlotte Santo Domingo have had the bad press Princess Beatrice has received. In addition, Queen Letizia was a former journalist, hence having a lot in common and probably moved in the same media circles as Lady Gabriella. Lady Charlotte's husband is a Colombian businessman and philanthropist, where he does a lot of work in funding cancer research and helping Colombian entrepreneurs and their businesses. He also manages the vast Santo Domingo Group. With such a connection, there is no wonder why she was invited to the Colombian State Dinner.

The Royal Family are strategic; they will not invite two Princesses, who are perceived to be work-shy and spongers, to be part of an international event like a State Dinner. Yes, Beatrice has worked in the US, but that was for a very short amount of time.

as for the Queen leaving pieces for them like i said she probably going to give them something versatile that they could wear as a tiara or as a necklace/brooch.

I doubt she will leave jewellery to either of the Princesses, Lady Louise or Zara.

Last edited:
Why would she sell her engagement ring? Even if she divorced William, she is not going to be poor. The ring will be left to most likely George and kept in the family.

I'm not saying she would, just asking whether she could.:flowers:

The Royal Family are strategic; they will not invite two Princesses, who are perceived to be work-shy and spongers, to be part of an international event like a State Dinner. Yes, Beatrice has worked in the US, but that was for a very short amount of time.
The York princesses currently attend visible events. I can see them attending state dinners during Queen Elizabeth's or William's reign but not Charles.

The York princesses currently attend visible events. I can see them attending state dinners during Queen Elizabeth's or William's reign but not Charles.

I doubt that; I read once that Beatrice appealed to William to help her become part of the Firm, and William refused.

There's a big difference between William, as heir to the heir, going to bat for Beatrice with his father and/or grandmother to have her be a working royal and William, when he is monarch, inviting his York cousins to a state dinner.

There's a big difference between William, as heir to the heir, going to bat for Beatrice with his father and/or grandmother to have her be a working royal and William, when he is monarch, inviting his York cousins to a state dinner.

Let us assume that Prince William will be King in 20 years time. He will have his spouse Catherine, his brother Prince Henry, his brother's spouse, his son the Duke of Cornwall (an adult) and his daughter Princess Charlotte (an adult). Not so long after this we will possibly see a Duchess of Cornwall as well (George's wife) and the spouse of Princess Charlotte. This apart from his royal aunt and uncles. The chance that King William will ever request his cousines for a State Banquet is very small, as the named group seems sufficient, also given the desire for a smaller royal family.

Hors Categorie:

The King (William)
The Queen (Catherine)
The Dowager (Camilla)
The Prince of Wales (George)
The Princess of Wales

1st category

The Princess Charlotte
Charlotte's spouse
The Prince Henry
Henry's spouse
The Princess Royal (Anne)
Vice-Admiral Laurence
The Duke of York (Andrew)
The Duke of Edinburgh (Edward)
The Duchess of Edinburgh (Sophie)

2nd category

Mr Peter Phillips
Ms Autumn Phillips
Ms Zara Tindall
Mr Michael Tindall
Princess Beatrice of York
Beatrice's spouse
Princess Eugenie of York
Eugenie's spouse
Lord James Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Wessex
Lady James Mountbatten-Windsor, Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
Louise's spouse

Last edited:

I think there's a chance that they might participate in future state dinners if the visiting country is one that Prince Andrew is close to, even when Charles is monarch.

I personally would rather see the York girls borrow tiaras from HM for their weddings. I don't like the York tiara. I want the Oriental Circlet for Beatrice, and the Strathmore Rose for Eugenie.

The Yorks are the only royal cousins. Anne and Edward don't want their children to be royal. Automatic family reduction.

The Oriental Circlet was bequeathed by Queen Victoria ONLY for use by Queens [regnant or Consort] 'in right of it'. Beatrice will NEVER wear it !

Last edited:
Let us assume that Prince William will be King in 20 years time. He will have his spouse Catherine, his brother Prince Henry, his brother's spouse, his son the Duke of Cornwall (an adult) and his daughter Princess Charlotte (an adult). Not so long after this we will possibly see a Duchess of Cornwall as well (George's wife) and the spouse of Princess Charlotte. This apart from his royal aunt and uncles. The chance that King William will ever request his cousines for a State Banquet is very small, as the named group seems sufficient, also given the desire for a smaller royal family.

Hors Categorie:

The King (William)
The Queen (Catherine)
The Dowager (Camilla)
The Prince of Wales (George)
The Princess of Wales

1st category

The Princess Charlotte
Charlotte's spouse
The Prince Henry
Henry's spouse
The Princess Royal (Anne)
Vice-Admiral Laurence
The Duke of York (Andrew)
The Duke of Edinburgh (Edward)
The Duchess of Edinburgh (Sophie)

2nd category

Mr Peter Phillips
Ms Autumn Phillips
Ms Zara Tindall
Mr Michael Tindall
Princess Beatrice of York
Beatrice's spouse
Princess Eugenie of York
Eugenie's spouse
Lord James Mountbatten-Windsor, Earl of Wessex
Lady James Mountbatten-Windsor, Countess of Wessex
Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor
Louise's spouse

Most certainly. I mean only senior royals attend now. I mean when was the last time we saw a Kent, Gloucester or Snowden at an event :whistling:

In twenty years George and Charlotte will be students and very unlikely married. If they follow example of dad, won't be taking on royal roles for twenty of more years. Nor any future kids of Harry.

With the Gloucesters, kents, and eventually Anne, Tim and such retiring there will be a huge shortage of senior royals. As we see, the monarch and spouse play a minimal role in state visits. They are at the banquet and greeting. It talks to members of the family to accompany them on visits.

Both Girls have numerous patronages. Not unthinkable they would be asked to do a related tour with a state visit.

I doubt she will leave jewellery to either of the Princesses, Lady Louise or Zara.

Why wouldn't she leave her 4 granddaughters anything, 3 of which are titled and will likely have "society weddings"? Louise is likely to inherit Sophie's wedding tiara or James may be given that for his wife, but I still think the granddaughters will receive something upon her death.

Most certainly. I mean only senior royals attend now. I mean when was the last time we saw a Kent, Gloucester or Snowden at an event :whistling:

In twenty years George and Charlotte will be students and very unlikely married. If they follow example of dad, won't be taking on royal roles for twenty of more years. Nor any future kids of Harry.

With the Gloucesters, kents, and eventually Anne, Tim and such retiring there will be a huge shortage of senior royals. As we see, the monarch and spouse play a minimal role in state visits. They are at the banquet and greeting. It talks to members of the family to accompany them on visits.

Both Girls have numerous patronages. Not unthinkable they would be asked to do a related tour with a state visit.

In 20 years, George is 24, Charlotte is 22. They would be plenty old enough to attend the two state dinner held each year especially if William is King then. Unless Charles lives to be near 100, George isn't going to have the freedom to pursue other things that his father did.

Edward, Sophie and Andrew would be basically like the Gloucesters and Duke of Kent are now.

So between W&C, H and future wife, G & C, plus Ed, Sophie, Andrew that's 9 royals right there. The Swedes manage to host state dinners without a super huge royal family.

Even if Beatrice and Eugenie would be needed. A tiara could just be borrowed for the occasion instead of being given which is just going to get sold off by the next generation who will have no royal titles. We already saw this with auction of Margaret's jewelry. David and Sarah didn't have a need for a ton of jewels so they were sold to pay the tax bill.

Why wouldn't she leave her 4 granddaughters anything, 3 of which are titled and will likely have "society weddings"? Louise is likely to inherit Sophie's wedding tiara or James may be given that for his wife, but I still think the granddaughters will receive something upon her death.
Because all of HM's jewellery will be given to the current reigning monarch as per inheritance laws in the UK. This is how they get around inheritance taxes between monarchs. IIRC, this is one of the reasons why Princess Margaret's family, and other noble families, sold some of the personal heirloom jewellry.

If they receive any gifts, it needs to be before the Queen's demise.

If they were to be given anything, it would already occurred. The Queen would need to live 7 years after the gift to avoid the taxes. So if she did it now, she would have to live to 98 for the taxes to be avoided.

Because all of HM's jewellery will be given to the current reigning monarch as per inheritance laws in the UK.

This is the assumption, but it's not a must. Nothing stops the Queen from leaving some smaller items to Zara or Eugenie for example. I hardly think that the Yorks or the Wessexes wouldn't be able to pay inheritance tax on a couple of earrings or brooches.

Most certainly. I mean only senior royals attend now. I mean when was the last time we saw a Kent, Gloucester or Snowden at an event

Snowdons, no, but I have seen the Kents and Gloucesters at state dinners. Even the Michaels, who are also not 'working royals' - and Marie-Christine has at least 2 tiaras that i can think of. I don't think it's inconceivable that the Yorks may turn up at a state dinner. Don't forget, it's only just recently we've seen Kate and Wm turn up. And let's not forget Lady Gabriella. I love Sarah's tiara; she could lend it to her daughters should such an occasion occur. But I can't help thinking the only time we may see the Princesses in tiaras is at their weddings. :ermm:

I don't know why people keep on saying about a slimmed-down Monarchy. The only place I've seen that is on forums or in the print media; nothing official from BP (that I know of). I've never heard Prince Charles speak of it (not that I've heard everything he's ever said!)

This is the assumption, but it's not a must. Nothing stops the Queen from leaving some smaller items to Zara or Eugenie for example. I hardly think that the Yorks or the Wessexes wouldn't be able to pay inheritance tax on a couple of earrings or brooches.

However, I do not believe HM QEQM left any jewellery to any of her granddaughters or great granddaughters either. Her entire estate went to her surviving daughter and current Monarch.

I suspect the Queen will follow suit.

The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and Princess Michael were at the State Banquet for the Spanish King and Queen last month.

The Snowden's don't attend because they aren't royal while the Gloucesters and Kents do because they are royal.

Indeed, even a certain Ms Camilla Rosemary Shand has a family heriloom diadem, which her daughter Laura wore at her wedding. Neither Laura nor her husband belong to the aristocracy. The same counts for Autumn Phillips and Zara Tindall. Morale of the story: I fail to see why not-royal granddaughters would not receive nice jewels from their grandmother.

Laura with her mother's diadem

Autumn with her mother-in-law's diadem

Zara with her mother's diadem

Last edited:
If they were to be given anything, it would already occurred. The Queen would need to live 7 years after the gift to avoid the taxes. So if she did it now, she would have to live to 98 for the taxes to be avoided.
But could she not leave everything to Charles with the Order to gift certain peaces to Beatrice, Eugenie etc.

I really don't see anything in the future for Beatrice and Eugenie where they would wear a tiara other than at their weddings and then they would most likely want to wear their mother's tiara.

I'm sure that should the occasion arise that the girls do attend a state banquet, there are plenty of tiaras that can be lent to them for the night. Tiara occasions are not as plentiful as they used to be.

Indeed, even a certain Ms Camailla Rosemary Shand has a family heriloom diadem, which her daughter Laura wore at her wedding. Neither Laura nor her husband belong to the aristocracy.

Well, a certain Mrs Camilla Rosemary Shand was a granddaughter of Lord Cubitt, one of the richest aristocrats in London, who built London's Belgravia. In their will, her maternal grandparents left her a fortune, which ensured her luxury life.

Based on that, it wouldn't have been very strange for her to have a family heirloom, wouldn't it? ;)

Well, a certain Mrs Camilla Rosemary Shand was a granddaughter of Lord Cubitt, one of the richest aristocrats in London, who built London's Belgravia. In their will, her maternal grandparents left her a fortune, which ensured her luxury life.

Based on that, it wouldn't have been very strange for her to have a family heirloom, wouldn't it? ;)

But that was the point I tried to make regarding Camilla and Laura, their situation is the same for Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise: all four of them are granddaughters one of the richest ladies in London. Based on that, it would not have been very strange for them to expect a family heirloom to continue indeed, alike Camilla and Laura...

:flowers:

But that was the point I tried to make regarding Camilla and Laura, their situation is the same for Zara, Beatrice, Eugenie and Louise: all four of them are granddaughters one of the richest ladies in London. Based on that, it would not have been very strange for them to expect a family heirloom to continue indeed, alike Camilla and Laura...

:flowers:
And they may receive the odd brooch or two, personal momentos , but not much more than that. Those too, may be routed through Charles.

A big part of me can't see the Queen leaving them a tiara, and certainly not a tiara we have seen recently or an important historical one. That being said, time and time again we have been surprised by just how many tiaras the Queen seems able to pull out the vaults, so maybe if there is a small diamond tiara, more a bandeau, hiding in there that we do not know about she may well leave that to one of the girls.
Otherwise, its sharing Sarah's wedding tiara IMO which is perfectly acceptable.

Once a tiara or jewels are gifted that's it. Princess Margaret's children sold off her tiara. The Kents sold a lot of their jewels. I have no doubts Peter and Zara will sell a lot of their mothers jewels.

Even mega wealthy nobles like the Duke of Westminster sell tiaras no longer used.

If the Yorks have need for a tiara a loan is all they need

If the Strathmore Rose Tiara does come back into circulation, I would like to see Princess Beatrice or Princess Eugenie be able to use it.

Back
Top Bottom