Tweetybird says tweet tweet

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tweetybird

Gentry
City
Green Bay
Country
United States
Hello Do you remember the cartoon of the yellow canary with the super large head. My head is more normal and Im not yellow but I find Tweetybird cute. I feel Meghan and Harry a positive couple. I am proud of Meghan being an American. Im worried her sister Samantha 2 years of harrassment of Meghan when she is unwanted is scary for Meghan and the royal family. I watched the royal weddings of both William and Harry. I have been to London once. I like art history and English detective series like Father Brown etc..i enjoy hearing about peoples interests and hobbies. I have a great metalic light purple womans bike with a basket and small white cat too.

Last edited:
Bonjour, Tweetybird! There is a lot of royal history to learn.

Welcome and tweet tweet to you too, Tweetybird. Hope you enjoy posting on the Harry/Meghan threads and lots of others too,

Cyrilvladisla Have read about Royal History all my life books around the house. Mainly Russian French and English. And watch public shows when on TV. Also my husband is French and lived in Paris for 10 years. Took great interest in Marie Antoinette and worked in Versailles for 5 years. Although I read a lot in general mostly fiction or biography history. So Im not a student but enjoy the history. The recent wedding got me paying attention to the English royal family more. And the fact Meghan is American and the wrong right girl is intrigueing in a new way. Too bad her adjustment is overshadowed by her borderline personality disordered sister and emotional abuse of her father.

Last edited:
Hi back Curryong. Funny name represent anything special.

No, it was just the name of a curry house on Carnarvon St in George Town, Penang I was fond of once. Its logo showed a giant Marlin with a crown and a ribbon round it with 'Curry ong Curry mee' on it. I used to enjoy the food there.

What country is George Town, Penang in? I have traveled but I don't know everything. And hey, are you from there. Heck were are ya from? I like the thought of a Marlin. It sounds like a noble fish. I also like the little gold decorations on the buttons. Pretty site overall. I appreciate the welcome Curryong will think of the noble Marlin with a yellow ribbon but it could be any color couldn't it? Chao

Welcome to TRF, Tweetybird! I hope you find a lot to keep you interested and posting here. This is an amazing site to find out just about anything on royalty and if its not here, ask. Someone will answer.

What country is George Town, Penang in? I have traveled but I don't know everything. And hey, are you from there. Heck were are ya from? I like the thought of a Marlin. It sounds like a noble fish. I also like the little gold decorations on the buttons. Pretty site overall. I appreciate the welcome Curryong will think of the noble Marlin with a yellow ribbon but it could be any color couldn't it? Chao

I'm an Australian, born in England, now living in Victoria Australia. Penang is beautiful, it's in Malaysia, where I've spent some holidays.

Identity is a curious thing

Curryong, Interesting. Don't feel English. Living in another country does things to ones identity both positive and negative. I identify with Meghan somehow. Not that I am a hot television series actress who married a fabulously well off and socially special prince. I identify that she is in her late 30's and in a 2nd marriage and living in a foreign country without friends or family really. I found myself in that situation remarried around that age living in France for 10 years. I have had lots of conversations with English in France as where I lived near Versailles, there were no Americans. I realize that English and Americans are very different and we have nothing in common. Not even English. There are so many different meanings and usages. It was a long hard adjustment for me but at around 7 years I became more French thinking. Meghan will have to go through this adaptation also. I have a lot of compassion for her. What is the color of the Marlins ribbon it will bother me.

Last edited:
Thank you generously for reassuring my curiosity. Although it has some charm to the answer as it might be to please myladybird here. If you return to this restaurant I would like a photo of the noble Marlin with the yellow ribbon. I accept the yellow and appreciate the timely response. Yellow it is. your fan Tweetybird

Last edited:
Tweetybird, For French history, which do you like the best: The French Kings or the The Emperors of the French?

Marie Antoinette vrs Josephine

I love Marie Antoinette and have great sympathy for Josephine. I suppose love Josephine the best.

That is a nice balance. Marie Antoinette was a Queen of France. Josephine was an Empress of the French who had gorgeous flowers at Malmaison.

I worked in Versailles for 5 years. I thought a fun novel would be about her shoe double. And I have always been facinated with Josephine. I wrote a short story about her time in prison once. And your favorite royals. I also like reading about Catherine the great.

Last edited:
One of my favorite royal couples is Emperor Charles I and Empress Zita of Austria. I also like Henry, The Count of Chambord.

I once had a crush during highschool on Peter the Great. I find it charming you are interested in these royals. Why.

My maternal grandparents worked for a Hungarian count and his wife the countess.

Very interesting history your family has with their connection to the Hungarian Count and Countess. For me I always read about royals without really a goal in mind. Mostly French and English with an occasional Russian royal. I often related to the royals who married outside their culture and their struggles. I once briefly worked as a personal assistant while in graduate school to a member of the royal blank family in Paris. They owned an entire building on a block and had a luxury boat with a helicopter and a car and driver. I gave notice after 2 weeks lying it was too much work for me but being an American it was hard for me to ignore how the help was treated. Not me but the other people. The house was fabulous though. The kids were at exclusive schools. It was interesting to observe and flee as fast as I could. I am sure working for a royal is more mainstream and an honor.

Last edited:
Tweetybird, It was indeed an honor to work for the Count and Countess. Each Christmas they gave my mother and her sisters an expensive porcelain doll for a present. :wreath:

Back
Top Bottom