Sydney, NSW, Australia

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Colane

City
Castle Hill
Country
Austria
Hi,
In 1890 Princess Louise of Wales, Princess Royal gave birth to a still born baby Alexander Duff the Marques of McDuff at Sheen lodge, England. The baby lived and was not Alexander Duff the Duke of fifes baby but the baby of HRH Prince Henri d' Orleans the explorer.
The baby was sent to a rural property in NSW, Australia. In those days it was like sending someone to the moon. HRH Prince Walter Herbert Henry Prince of Orleans after his father and Prince of Wales after his mother was raised on a rural property called Belltrees out of Scone. In later years the owners of Belltrees Judy White of Belltrees sister became the step mother of Antony Armstrong Jones who married Princess Margaret.
In Australia and else where it ws a common saying for the term She is up the Duff to be used for a pregnat women. That term came from Princess Louise of Wales, Princess Royal, who became Mrs Duff the mother of Walter alias Alastair Duff.
We know who we are, we know that our line goes back through the Princess of Brazil, the emporer of Brazil, and that HRH Prince Henri great grandmothers sister married Napoleon Bonaparte.
On the other side every time I walk past the Queen Victoria building in Sydney I see a statue of Queen Victoria, my grandfathers great grandmother.
When I walk past the historic Barracks near Hyde Park in Sydney I remember Mary Leddie who came to NSW Australia in the 1840's as a single girl age 20 years from Ireland. probably lost her parents in the potato famine.
The Thornborughs from Yorkshire that go back from the Holmes line to the son of De burgh, Thornburgh of Thornburgh, Yorkshire around the 1200's most likely related to Richard de Burgh, 3rd Earl of Ulster whose daughter married Robert 1 (Bruce). They are all my ancestors and individually are equals.
Best Whishes

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom