Southern Salutations

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Picmajik

Aristocracy
City
Atlanta
Country
United States
Greetings from the Greater Atlanta area in Georgia, USA! In other words, "hi y'all". I found your site while helping a friend get wedding ideas and I found all these GREAT photos from royal weddings--favorites are Princess Grace and all the British Royals but love the new ones I hadn't seen from Denmark, Norway, and the Netherlands. I also love all the family photos, many I hadn't seen before and HM QEII while expecting? Didn't think that was allowed to be photographed! I know that Kodak wouldn't print pictures of my Mom that were taken in 1963 while she was pregnant because her dress was too short--just barely to the knee. My grandfather and I were both photographers, hence "picmajik" for picture magic (in the days before photo-editing software.) I was especially surprised by the recent news story with Annie Leibovitz and the Queen, thought it was out of character for both of them. I expected better behavior from Ms. Leibovitz, especially as she was a Cecil Beaton fan. Reading his book about photographing the Royals she would have known the monarch's time is limited as well as what was expected during the photo session--that's done while arranging the session. Ask the queen to remove the tiara while in full Garter robes? That's like asking someone to remove or expose undergarments.

I just love royal fashions and jewelry also and it is fun keeping up with the latest gossip.

other favorites? Weddings, especially Royals
Creme Brulee ice cream (when I can find it), otherwise all kinds! Peach, Banana Pudding, really good vanilla custard--home made preferred.
I look forward to meeting more of you online, seems like a really great crowd here.

Welcome to the forum, Picmajik! You've come to the right place for royal wedding photos!

Back
Top Bottom