The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-22-2013, 06:27 AM

Royal Bloodlines

Descendants of Sophia Electress of Hanover

Thanks for this welcome.
I have blood links to the royal houses of Europe and would like to post my lineage so that I can expand it. (William the Conqueror is my 24th great grandfather.) I would also like to check all the descendants of Sophia Electress of Hanover.
Best wishes
Daphne Beames

Old 05-13-2013, 10:13 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by daphne beames View Post
Descendants of Sophia Electress of Hanover

Thanks for this welcome.
I have blood links to the royal houses of Europe and would like to post my lineage so that I can expand it. (William the Conqueror is my 24th great grandfather.) I would also like to check all the descendants of Sophia Electress of Hanover.
Best wishes
Daphne Beames

Welcome Daphne, from another newbie :) You are lucky to have such an esteemed family line. Myself, the closet we get to royal lines is what my ca. 1560 French ancestor got to singing lines to his Queen before he had to flee to Switzerland! My Anglo Saxon line served in the military and King James sent him to defend the new world. Then we rebelled against our Sovereign King in 1776. So yeah while we got close we certainly didn't close like your ancestors. To cool.

I my husband is a 23rd descendant of William the Conqueror as well, through Edward III's son John. He keeps telling me he wants his British birthright back. I simply look at him, telling him that he is simply out of luck as he certainly isn't in the right line of descent to inherit much of anything. His line also rebelled in 1776 as well so he really is out of luck!

I don’t know if this is the right place to post your lineage. It is a great place though, to come looking for assistance if you have a question or problem. You might find WordPress, or Blogger better choices for your growing documentation than a forum. Both sites offer free blogging services and are really pretty easy to work in. Why don’t you check them out?

I would suggest for your search on all the descendants of the Electress you start with Wikipedia. It is an excellent source and is for free. You don’t have to take it as GOSPEL but you can cross-reference what you learn from it to make sure. I always check out the references at the bottom of the Wikipedia page for links. These are usually substantial in nature and very dependable.

Well, you have set a great job for yourself, one that your grandchildren and extended family members will remember and bless you for. I wish you the very best success in it.

I enclose a link to TRF thread on the Electress. It isn’t very long but I found it interesting and hope it inspires you in your quest.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f165/sophia-electress-of-hanover-1630-1714-a-31626.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Line_of_succession_to_the_British_throne