Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Trier
Country
Germany
Hello everybody!

I am new in this forum, i come from germany. and i hope, you can understand my worst school english(its 10 years ago).
I really adore Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine, becauce i think sie was a really amazing, tough and strong woman.
Are there any other Queen Eleanor Fans in this forum?
Its not easy to connect with other Eleanor Fans in the world wide web, because she has no own forum.
I think thats really a pitty. But i hope, i can find here other fans to discuss about this great woman.
I think sie was the best queen, which france and england ever had.
And i like her favourite son, richard the lionheart, too.
I think that he was a great knight.

Oooh...seems, i am the only one in this member intuductions which didnt welcome by others....:sad:

Welcome!!!! I'm also fascinated by Eleanor of Aquitaine, although the information on her seems scant at best. :)

@Duchessmary

Thats unfortunately true...there is not much to find about her on the web.
I want to make a forum about her and the middle ages.
Are you interested zu join the forum?

hello EOA! welcome to the forums

I agree with you, Eleanor was probably the best queen of France and England in my eyes too. I really like her as well and wouldn't disaffectet by a forum for her only. But I think discussing about her at the forums is just as much fun, because there seem to be a lot of really good informed memebers ;)

Hi EOA! Well, Eleanor has a good reputation. So had her son Richard, although I can't see why. He left his country to go off on expensive foreign adventures, and was then held to ransom. His clever brother John had to manage the kingdom, and raise all the taxes to pay for Richard's folly. So what happened? Useless Richard got remembered as The Lionheart, and loyal John got remembered as a tyrant. It wasn't fair!

Me too! I'm a huge Eleanor fan, despite the lack of information about her. I was nearly called Eleanor as well!

Hello everybody!

I am new in this forum, i come from germany. and i hope, you can understand my worst school english(its 10 years ago).
I really adore Queen Eleanor of Aquitaine, becauce i think sie was a really amazing, tough and strong woman.
Are there any other Queen Eleanor Fans in this forum?
Its not easy to connect with other Eleanor Fans in the world wide web, because she has no own forum.
I think thats really a pitty. But i hope, i can find here other fans to discuss about this great woman.
I think sie was the best queen, which france and england ever had.
And i like her favourite son, richard the lionheart, too.
I think that he was a great knight.
eleanor is one of my favorite queens also--the one i'd most like to meet! she was a fascinating woman for sure--the only woman to be queen of france and england....i've read some great books about her--i'll have to look them up but if you have any suggestions, i'd love to hear them!

"The Captive Queen" just out this year, by Alison Weir. A must read!!

Is it really good? I like Allison Weir books, she tends to do a lot of research.

Has anyone seen the Lion in the Winter with Katharine Hepburn as Eleanor? Its a shame that Eleanor was born a few hundred years early...she was definitely a woman a head of her time.

the captive queen was great but my favorite author for this time period is definitely sharon kay penman. she has a whole trilogy about eleanor/henry ii--a must read for any eleanor fan! you can watch "the lion in winter" on youtube. katherine hepburn was a great eleanor but the acting was a bit over the top, lol...

Back
Top Bottom