Philip Winsor

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Philip Winsor

City
State College
Country
United States
Novel about Deposed King

I am a newcomer to this group, seeking advice. I was an editor in book publishing for forty years. For the last fifteen of those years I was Senior Editor for the Humanities at the Pennsylvania State University Press. Before that I was a trade editor in New York City, concentrating on novels and miscellaneous nonfiction. My retirement is devoted to the writing of fiction and seeing whether I can achieve something worth attaining, with propulsion, vaulting, and cadence. My story "Mama" appeared in Fantasy and Science Fiction. My wife and I live in State College, Pennsylvania, but spend winters in Sarasota, Florida.

I have published, or more precisely, "showcased," a novel, RESTORATION, with Xlibris, and wish to make the existence of this novel known. Here is a brief description:

"Michael Theodore, an American and proudly so, is the second son of the late King Justin of Marania. Sixty years ago, when Michael was a boy of ten, his father sent him hastily to America to save him from a violent and brutal revolution that had broken out in Marania. Those of the family who escaped were banished forever on pain of death. At times Michael wonders what it would be like to see once again the homeland of which he retains only fragmentary memories. Would there be unseen welcoming presences and the halfl-heard sound of beloved voices? Or would all be blasted and annihilated by a lifetime of severance? Dire events in present-day Marania compel Michael to choose his role in a bizarre international tragicomedy linked with what is to him the mysterious myth of royalty.

"Available at Xlibris Xlibris.Com, 888 795-4274, ext. 276, or Amazon.com, Borders.com, Barnesandnoble.com, and your local bookstore."

The advice I seek is how best to tune the book's existence to the broad interest today not only in monarchy and royalty but to deposed monarchs and royal persons."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom