Nicknames for users?

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
City
Boston
Country
United States
I am new to this forum, is it customary to call a newbie a dutchess? I saw someone refer to themselves as that and I'm not sure if that is a nickname or if they are for real.

I am new to this forum, is it customary to call a newbie a dutchess? I saw someone refer to themselves as that and I'm not sure if that is a nickname or if they are for real.

No, they may have been referring to their own user name :) There are several people here that use "Duchess" as part of their user name.

However- there is a "rank" next to your name that's based on how many posts you have. (I think the first rank after "newbie" is "aristocracy")

It's all in fun and doesn't really mean anything besides an indication of how long you've been posting.

No, they may have been referring to their own user name :) There are several people here that use "Duchess" as part of their user name.

However- there is a "rank" next to your name that's based on how many posts you have. (I think the first rank after "newbie" is "aristocracy")

It's all in fun and doesn't really mean anything besides an indication of how long you've been posting.

Then there's folks like me that has been here for less time than some other of our auspicious posters and I do tend to run at the mouth more than others sometimes. :D

Then there's folks like me that has been here for less time than some other of our auspicious posters and I do tend to run at the mouth more than others sometimes. :D
Osipi - I prefer to think you just are well informed, with many opinions. :)

Osipi - I prefer to think you just are well informed, with many opinions. :)

hehe thanks! I just run with it sometimes and open mouth and insert foot. We're all among friends here so I do feel comfortable and enjoy my time here.

And welcome to Lady Antebellum - see that - I managed to make two posts. :lol::lol::lol:

Lady Antebellum, if the Duchess was an actual Duchess, she would be:
1 The wife or widow of a Duke
:rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2::rose2:OR :flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers:
2 A woman holding title to a duchy in her own right.

Back
Top Bottom