New Member Here!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cal Gal

City
oceanside
Country
United States
Hello all! I just joined and I love the Royals of the world-past and present. I am a woman of many years and a native Californian. A few things about my interest in the Royals. I am a huge history buff and I also like reading Biographies. Through these two interests, I of course learned much about Royal Families across the ages to the present. My favorite current royal is Duchess Meghan because like me, she is a native Californian and is more relaxed and not so uptight about every little bit of protocol and also because she is demonized by the tabloids for every little thing she does and I for one, plan to support her. The Royals I would most like to have a drink with are King W-A and Queen Maxima. They just seem like down to earth people who love to have a good time and laugh. I also like Crown Princess Victoria for sharing about her eating disorders in order to help other girls-that took guts for her to do public. I also admire Queen Rania. I love how she works so hard to empower women and pushes education in a part of the world where women are historically not part of many conversations outside of the home. I enjoyed reading this site before I joined and am looking forward to interacting with others here who share an admiration of the worlds ever shrinking Royalty!

Bonjour, Cal Gal! Do you have a favorite historical Royal from the British Royal Family?

Hallo Cal Gal and welcome. I too am a history buff and also like the same royals as you. Hope you enjoy posting here.

Last edited:
Cyril

I think my favorite historical Royal in Britain is Prince Albert, Victoria's husband. He was innovative, supportive of Victoria and really took the ball and ran with it. Instead of just being an ornament to accompany Victoria, he carved his own place in British history and kudos to Victoria for encouraging him. I also have read biographies of Peter and Catherine the Greats of Russia and that country's history of emerging into a European powerhouse is also fascinating.

:previous: Cal Gal, I also have a interest in Prince Albert. I also have been learning about Empress Catherine II of Russia.

Back
Top Bottom