If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chen bao jun

City
Frederick
Country
United States
Hello.
I am a new member to this forum.
Actually, I have been lurking for a little while and enjoying the forum--today I decided to introduce myself.
I live in the US and am an American citizen. However, my parents come from a Caribbean country that is part of the British Commonwealth. So the Queen is the head of their country (like Australia and Canada), although elected leaders actually run the government.
I grew up hearing my mother talk about meeting members of the British Royal Family several times. Her father was in the Legislative Council of her country (then a colony) and he would bring my mother along with him to the receptions when the visiting dignitaries came. This was at the end of 40's and the beginning of the 50's, when she was a girl/young woman. I think the highest up Royal that she was introduced to was HRH the Princess Mary, the Princess Royal. But she saw Princess Margaret at another event. Recently she just missed seeing the Queen, who came to her country in 2004. My mother went to school with the Governor General (who represents the Queen in the country) but was not able to get there for the Queen's stay, although she heard all about the State dinner, etc. from her friends.
The Queen is very popular in our part of the Commonwealth.
Anyway, I have been interested in reading the forum and finding out more information about these people, and also all the other royals in the world. I really did not know that there were still so many! I thought it was only England and the Scandinavian countries and Japan. Oh, yes, and Monaco (I knew about that because I used to live in France.)
My name for this forum, Chen Bao Jun, was picked by my roomates when I used to live in Taiwan. It means "Precious Princess" so it seemed suitable for a name here, although I am not a Princess and I don't claim to be precious.
Chen Bao Jun

welcome to the forums, chen bao jun. There are so many great royal families out there to learn about. Also, check out the "other things royal" section. Reading through some of those threads can be a great introduction to the diverse cast of characters in the royal circle.

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom