Ireland Calling !!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Breffney

Courtier
City
Leitrim
Country
Ireland
Hello Everyone.

My username on this forum is Breffney. I grew up in the ancient kingdom of Breifne (old Irish name) which is located in the North West of Ireland.

While I have an interest in most of the European royals my favourite royals are Albert & Charlene of Monaco and Felipe & Letizia of Spain.

:wave:Hello, Happy New Year and welcome to the forums. Enjoy your time here; you'll certainly get all the info you want on your favorite royals!

Greetings :wave: and :welcome:. This is a wonderful place to find all sorts of information.

Welcome! My family is from Donegal! Enjoy the forum

Welcome to The Royal Forums!

Hello Everyone.

My username on this forum is Breffney. I grew up in the ancient kingdom of Breifne (old Irish name) which is located in the North West of Ireland.

While I have an interest in most of the European royals my favourite royals are Albert & Charlene of Monaco and Felipe & Letizia of Spain.

Hello Breffney & a very warm welcome :flowers:

Welcome to TRF, I hope you like posting a much as I do!

:welcome: , enjoy your time here :)

Welcome to the Forum:newyear1:Hope you have a lot of fun!!
I LOVE Ireland, I hope to visit next year on my 20th anniversary!

Happy New Year Breffney! Welcome to the forums! Hope you enjoy your time with us as there are many questions to ask and plenty of answers to read. Everyone here is friendly and quite knowledgeable about everything royal.:flowers:

You guys are THE BEST. !! Thank you so much. !! :flowers:

Albert and Charlene fans are always welcome here :D

Hello everyone!
I'm new here. I grew up in Canada and first became interested in Royalty when I combined genealogy and my history degree. I have finished half of my family tree and it was a slight shock. I am descended from the first Irish Royals , the O'conner clan through my maternal grandmother and am a distant cousin to a Fraser clan chief and a Macdonald clan lord ( lord of the isles). Also descended from the Bendictine monk who built an abbey at Languedoc. There are two things I am currently trying to figure out: 1) which Royal Stuart name I found on the ancestral tree it is and which Macdonald married them. We're they illigetimate or not? Etc.. 2) Rumored to be descended from Louis XIV somehow..Unsure about that.

Hi, Stormshadow, and welcome to the forums. It sounds like you've got a very distinguished pedigree; I hope you find the other information you're looking for. Enjoy your time here.

Hello everyone!
I'm new here. I grew up in Canada and first became interested in Royalty when I combined genealogy and my history degree. I have finished half of my family tree and it was a slight shock. I am descended from the first Irish Royals , the O'conner clan through my maternal grandmother and am a distant cousin to a Fraser clan chief and a Macdonald clan lord ( lord of the isles). Also descended from the Bendictine monk who built an abbey at Languedoc. There are two things I am currently trying to figure out: 1) which Royal Stuart name I found on the ancestral tree it is and which Macdonald married them. We're they illigetimate or not? Etc.. 2) Rumored to be descended from Louis XIV somehow..Unsure about that.

Hi :wave: and :welcome: You have quite an impressive lineage. Enjoy your time here. It's a great site :D.

Thank you so much. I found it so overwhelming when I found out about a year to two years ago after finishing my family tree, and am still trying to finish it. The problem is the Royal Stuart married to Annabelle Macdonald daughter of the Clan Macdonald Lord of the Isles , somewhere in the 13-16th century is unnamed so I have no idea if they were Legitimate or not. Also, the relation to the Bourbon family ( royals of France) may just be a rumor.. I have found no evidence yet.. But I will keep looking!

Hello everyone!

Hello Stormshadow,

Forgive me for not replying until now. Due to family circumstances I have been away from the forum for the past 2 months.

Gosh, I am so excited to hear that you are descended from the great O'Conner / O'Connor clan .... the Last High Kings of Ireland.

You may be aware of the website listed below. ?

It is the ancestral home of the O'Connors. It is now a stately guest house. It is fabulous. Loads of pictures of your ancestors adorn the walls. The coronation stone which was used for the crowning of the king is on site.

My sister and I spent three days there two years ago. The host and hostess (and custodians of the house), Pyers & Marguerite O'Connor-Nash are the loveliest people on earth. So very friendly and welcoming. Pyers spent a lot of time showing us pictures, letters, telling us about different family members. It is truly a wonderful family that you belong to. :flowers:

Historic Irish Manor : Clonalis House : Ancestral Home of the O'Conor family

Oh wow! Thanks so much! I found our clan tartan and everything else, but couldn't find where they lived.
It's so nice to hear that it's been restored as well and is being used to educate people on the clans of Ireland.
I love that idea. Also, I am going into medieval history so the website will help a great deal.

I think I see a trip to Ireland soon! :) Yay!

Thanks again. Also I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself immensely .

Oh wow! Thanks so much! I found our clan tartan and everything else, but couldn't find where they lived.
It's so nice to hear that it's been restored as well and is being used to educate people on the clans of Ireland.
I love that idea. Also, I am going into medieval history so the website will help a great deal.

I think I see a trip to Ireland soon! :) Yay!

Thanks again. Also I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed yourself immensely .

It was a pleasure. !! :flowers:

Back
Top Bottom