I´m a descendant of Christian IX

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Siggi

City
Reykjavik
Country
Iceland
hi

I just found out that my great great grandfather "Carl Christian August Jensen" was a illegitemate child of Christian IX of Denmark, that´s at least the story in my family so I wanted to investigate and found this website, hope I will find some answers here about all of this :)

Sigi - Christian IX

Welcome to The Royal Forums from a British Monarchist.
Im interested in the British Monarchy, and Royalty of Albania, Bulgaria, Montenegro, Romania, Greece, Scandanavian Monarchies, and also in some Arab Royal Houses - Libya, Tunisia, Aden & Yemen, Iran.
Your introduction was very interesting, and i hope you have or do find out more and interesting information.
Ruhije

Hello, Siggie, and welcome to the forums. What a fascinating story about your regal family, I hope you'll find more information and this is the place to do it. Enjoy your time here posting.

Last edited:
hi

I just found out that my great great grandfather "Carl Christian August Jensen" was a illegitemate child of Christian IX of Denmark, that´s at least the story in my family so I wanted to investigate and found this website, hope I will find some answers here about all of this :)

There are as many descendants of naughty Monarchs as there are leaves on trees.Sorry,but you can not lay any claim to Daisy's Throne ofcourse,one does understand that I am joking....don't you Lumutqueen...Grin.......

Last edited:
Sorry,but you can not lay any claim to Daisy's Throne.....

The poster never said they wanted to "lay claim to the throne". All they said was that they were a descendant of an illegitimate child of Christian X.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to the Forums Sigi, and hopefully you'll find some answer. :flowers:

Good luck with your search Siggi. I hope you find what you are looking for.

There are many of us out there who are descendants of royals. There are those out there that don't know that they are which is probably a very large number of people worldwide if you count every royal household in the world. All have in their family histories children fathered or born out of wedlock.

I'm supposedly a descendant of a Polish Baron (the landscaper's daughter and the Baron's son got together is the story) and British royalty(domestic servant and Earl or Lord got together back in the 16th century) but can't prove it. On this web site I've learned a little bit about the history of Polish royalty which was good.

When the search involves a child who was born out of wedlock, information is more difficult to come by because back in the day people tried to cover this up or conceal information relating to it. Sometimes the child or the mother moved away or the mother or the child was paid to leave the country or move. This makes the search or information more difficult to come by as I've found out and then it you don't have names of people, it's more difficult.

Welcome to the forum, Siggi! :flowers:
Must be fascinating to know you are descended from father-in-law of Europe!

In doing family research I've found the Mormon records to be very valuable. They have films of church records all over the world. It takes a lot of work, but start with yourself and find birth registrations or baptismal records. These usually give the parents. Then take the parents and look for those. Time consuming, but doable.

Siggi, Possibly another source of information is the Alexander Palace Forums. Many memebers there have access to archival material and are librarians. Definately worth your while to look up the thread on Christian and Louise. Thats Alexander Palace Discussion forums. At the very least you might get an idea of how many times he travelled to Iceland - assuming that is where conception took place. Also start with your oldest living relative and interview them about the "story". But don't be dissapointed if it turns out to be an aide to the King as family stories get distorted over time. If you read at AP forums for instance that Christian and Louise went through a difficult marriage period then that might be a good time line to start with.
Good luck

Last edited:
Hello

I know I am exactly one year late, but I find this terribly interesting.

I myself am a descendant of Carl Christian August Jensen, and the only information I have about him is that he was born in Denmark in 1878 and passed away in Iceland in 1952.

Siggi, could you provide me with some more information?

Do you know who Carl's mother was? And, could you tell me the possible story about his mother and Christian Ix?

I'm guessing Carl's mother lived in Denmark.

Thanks a lot
yesnoyes

by the way, I'm very desperate. I know very little of my family so any help would be great.

Hi Siggi, and :welcome: Enjoy your search and time on the forums.

Hello

I myself am a descendant of Carl Christian August Jensen, and the only information I have about him is that he was born in Denmark in 1878 and passed away in Iceland in 1952.

Do you know who Carl's mother was? And, could you tell me the possible story about his mother and Christian Ix?

Thanks a lot
yesnoyes

I find you r thread so interesting as my family just spent five years involved with the national geographic genome project to prove our Danish royal "Viking" linage and they did it although they have remained well to do and have had there "castle" since the Danish conquest and subsequent defeat in Scotland ...
I myself have heard our family sagas since I was a child and find it odd to have all the stories validated by DNA and my families shear boredom and need to spend their money lol although it does change the dynamics of the "royals" in England ... BTW I'm very proud of my heritage just have nothing to do with my family as I find their life filled with a lot more limitations than my freedom of the expectant lifestyle I would have had to live .....

Hi! I'm new to the forum

My name is Pamela Parizo, and I live in Tacoma, WA.
I have been a royal watcher most of my life since I
saw Queen Victoria portrayed in Shirley Temple's The
Little Princess. Even that, I became a fervent
Anglophile. At ten, I had this huge wall poster of
the British Royal Genealogy.

I have a Bachelor's degree in History, and have followed
most of the royal houses of Europe, but my favorite is
the British.

My recent read was the book Born to Rule by Julia Gelardi
about select granddaughters of Queen Victoria. Very
interesting.

Thank you for welcoming me.

Welcome Pamela Parizo:flowers: My favourite is the British too:)

Siggi here..

Hello

Thanks a lot
yesnoyes

Hi, this is Siggi again, sorry for the late reply but I forgot my account username and password so I just opened a new account :)

About the story, Carl's mother was a simple, farm girl on a Danish farm in Denmark, often the princes would ride the country side far distances and when darkness fell, they would seek shelter and rest in nearby homes or farms like in this case.

It was in one of those cases that one of the brothers (sons of the king of Denmark) later known as (Christian IX) lay with a simple farm girl on one of those farms, 9 months later, came Carl Christian August into the world, but later took the last name of his foster-father Jensen. because of the shame to not be (fathered)

I still have to find out the mothers name, but I think it is in one family tree book at my granmas place :)

hope that this cleared something out :)

Did you try ancestry.com , my family said we decent from Fernando VII the story said he had a child with a Danish girl n after she came back to Denmark with the child n a lot if money but I'm not sure how to prove that

It's very interesting to follow the family tree but I found out in mine that for example one of my ancestors her name was Marie Nielsdatter born in 1769, but Nielsdatter for me it is not a surname it means in Danish the daughter of Niels. May be one of the Danish member can clarified this for us. In the 1700 was not surnames for the ladies? and I gues in todays era with the computers the registers office must have a lot of info with birth and death certificate. Although I believe before was everything register in churchs, so how to really go so back?????

It's very interesting to follow the family tree but I found out in mine that for example one of my ancestors her name was Marie Nielsdatter born in 1769, but Nielsdatter for me it is not a surname it means in Danish the daughter of Niels. May be one of the Danish member can clarified this for us. In the 1700 was not surnames for the ladies? and I gues in todays era with the computers the registers office must have a lot of info with birth and death certificate. Although I believe before was everything register in churchs, so how to really go so back?????

The use of surname in Scandinavia wasn't widespread until the late 1800s. Most people went by their firstnames followed by their patronym, that is their fathers firstname followed by -sen/son for a man and -datter/dotter for a woman.
The Scandinavian countries has a long history of keeping church records so it's not that hard to trace your roots back until atleast the 1600s.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Back
Top Bottom