Hoping to share my fascination

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jimmy777

City
Springs, Johannesburg
Country
South Africa
Hi everyone
Since I was a little boy my Grand-Mom always told me about Kings and Queens - we watched movies of Royalty together and she always used to teach me a lot regarding the world's Royal Families. I remember us going to the Library and taking out books that dealt with Queen Elizabeth, Prince Charles, Prince Rainier, Princess Grace, etc. I grew up and my Granny has passed away since, but never has the nostalgia and admiration for anything "Royal" left me. I LOVE Royalty and everything that surrounds it. I'm even busy building my own miniature palace - all in an attempt to satisfy my deep interest in the topic. I'm SO glad there are more people like me out there that are intrigued with Royalty. Monarchies are so much more exciting than Republics or whatever other models of government there might be. Romantic, ceremonious, celebrating, pomp, intrigue ... the list never stops. Reading up on Royalty and talking to others that share this interest of mine will always be one of my favourite pass-times.

Looking forward to hearing from the rest of you. Jimmy777

Welcome Jimmy 777: How do you feel about principalities?

Principalities

Hi Alexey

I find principalities to be quite "romantic" and "obscure" - we don't often hear so much about them. Especially taking into account "Lichtenstein". They seem to be on the quiet side. At least, that is what I perceive and I might be wrong.

Of all the principalities Monaco is (to my knowledge) the best-known. I often wonder about Princess Charlene though - she doesn't always look very happy (sad eyes).

Also - I take it that a prince is of lower status than a King or Emperor - thus, would it be wise to assume that they do not carry as much authority?

How do you feel about principalities?

Hello, Jimmy, and welcome to the forums. Given your deep interest in everything royal, this is the perfect place for you. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Last edited:
Jimmy777: Good question about princes being on a 'lower scale' than a King or Emperor. As far as whether I like principalities, way back in 1995, I went on a trip to Europe with my two sisters. We went thru Germany, into Austria and stopped in Liechtenstein on our way to Switzerland, and then to France. I wish I had known about royalty then like I do now. I had no idea there was a ruling family in Liechtenstein until we stopped there to look around. I went into a store and bought some Swiss chocolate. Then, I saw some pages of stamps and post cards about the von Liechtensteins. I don't like their latest vote over the summer 'to abolish abortion, or we will abolish the principality' stand. This was put into effect by HSH Hans Adam and HSH Alois. So, I would definitely say in this case that the two head princes had the final say in this issue. Another thing: Kings and Emperors are mostly figureheads, but as far as I am concerned, Prince Albert, Prince Alois and GD Henri are the rulers of their countries because I don't think principalities have prime ministers, so their rule is law. Don't know about Grand Duchies, though, as far as Luxembourg is concerned.

:welcome: Enjoy your time here.

Back
Top Bottom