Hi there, everyone.

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shortyblueyes

City
Lansing
Country
United States
Hello, I am Lorraine and I want to know if anyone has information on Cardinal Thomas Wolsey's illegitimate son, Thomas Wynter. My father said we're descended from him.

On my mother's side, we hail from the little village of Braceby, Lincolnshire UK. The Towne family was formerly owner/operator of Manor Farm and held title of Lord, then sold to the Wembly familly in the mid 1700s. Rebecca Towne Nurse of Salem, Mass. notority is one of my ancestor-aunts.

From www.braceby.org/ :

[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]
[FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]The Towne family came to Braceby from Heydour, a few miles to the north, at the beginning of the seventeenth century. They were Lords of the Manor and major landowners. Their home, Manor Farm, opposite the church, still exists.[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Richard Towne was the first Towne to be Lord of the Manor. He and his wife Ann had 8 children, Richard died in 1628 and left his main wealth to his grandson, Leonard, as Leonard's father was already dead.

When Leonard
Towne (gentleman) died in 1677 an inventory of all his possessions was made, in the house and on the farm, including all the farm animals. It totalled £344, a very great deal of money in those days.[/FONT]

[/FONT][/FONT]

I hope you find the information you're searching for here; there's a lot of knowledge on this site and I'm sure eventually you'll be successful.

Good luck and welcome to the Forums.

Found it!

I have found the information and the family tree DOES show that yes I am descended from Cardinal Thomas Wolsey (however you choose to spell it). The information is complete, and in fact, we have gone as far back as his grandparents. Thanks for the warm welcomes! ;)

Back
Top Bottom