Hi, im new and need help

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Michael M

City
Manchester
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, im Michael, im 29 from Manchester, and joined just to ask some questions which im hoping someone here will know relating to rooms in Buckingham Palace.

Im making this model below of a room in buckingham palace, and will be seperating out the pictures and artwork as seperate models aswell and uploading with names and full discriptions to googles 3D Warehouse, but i know nothing about art, can anyone suggest a book or site that would provide names and discriptions, maybe some sort of tour book for the palace which would have this sort of information, I know, an odd question, but there are so many books out there and im on a limited budget, so preferably looking for just 1 good book\guide.

I know this is some sort of dining room, but not the name of the room aswell if anyone recognises it...

download

Im also modeling a few other rooms which i've not uploaded yet, but am having the same problems there aswell.

Sorry but was unsure where to post these questions, And sorry if my questions confusing.

Thanks for any help

Last edited:
I have tried to locate a photograph of this room on line and failed. Is this a contemporary photograph?

Hi, thanks for the response, I think the photographs where taken by the official royal photographer, they where used to create a virtual tour of this and several other rooms as linked below, but there is no description for this room, I only found it originally via a manual FTP Search of the royal site whilst searching for textures, im not even sure if it is suppose to be publicly available as its not linked on there main site, and has no associated descriptions, but was hidden away with several other virtual tours which are not linked on there main site.

Buckingham Palace Virtual Tour

There are about 5 or 6 virtual tours hidden away, but only 2 available to view on there main site.

Last edited:
Hi, thanks for the response, I think the photographs where taken by the official royal photographer, they where used to create a virtual tour of this and several other rooms as linked below, but there is no description for this room, I only found it originally via a manual FTP Search of the royal site whilst searching for textures, im not even sure if it is suppose to be publicly available as its not linked on there main site, and has no associated descriptions, but was hidden away with several other virtual tours which are not linked on there main site.

Buckingham Palace Virtual Tour

There are about 5 or 6 virtual tours hidden away, but only 2 available to view on there main site.

Isn't that the Waterloo Chamber at Windsor in the pic.

Isn't that the Waterloo Chamber at Windsor in the pic.

YOUR RIGHT, found the page the tour related to now, and all the info i needed... Gold star for you :star:

I thought it was in Buckingham Palace, not Windsor Castle, no wonder i couldn't find it :), Will update my models now and add a few more now i have full descriptions for everything.

thank you...

The Waterloo Chamber

Last edited:
Well done, Stefan!

Michael M,

I should have recognized the distinctive ceiling as something more appropriate for Windsor Castle. Now I know why I could not find it in any photographs of Buckingham Palace. I hope the President and Mrs. Obama are enjoying their stay tonight.

Back
Top Bottom