Hi from Windsor - home to Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

andrewagreen

City
Windsor
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - its great to be accepted into your forum. I recently retired and have been writing for the web. I live in Windsor and am looking forward to the Queen's Jubilee celebrations. I have an invite to the Diamond Jubilee Concert in June and am very excited about that.

I recently posted this timeline of Her Majesty's reign showing how Prime Ministers and Presidents come and go but she remains what the UN General secretary called 'an anchor for our age'.

Sixty Years of Queen Elizabeth - InfoBarrel

Andrew Green
Royal Borough of Windsor and Maidenhead, UK

Welcome Andrew, I once visited Windsor, it was one of my favorite places, unfortunately I was too young to really appreciate it the history around me, I hope one day to come back to your fabulous area and visit. I can't imagine who amazing it must to be live with so much history, a lot of people in the US feel that anything older then 50 yrs needs to be replaced, that is why I am so fascinated by Europe. I adore history. I hope you have a very pleasant time visiting this forum and I look very forward to reading your post!!! WELCOME!!!:flowers:

A very warm welcome, Andrew. As you can tell from my username, HM has plenty of fans and supporters here!

How lucky you are to live in Windsor! I'm sure the town has some very special plans in train to honour the Diamond Jubilee this year.

I'm afraid I've had to enter the ballot for the Diamond Jubilee concert. If I'm unsuccessful I hope you'll tell us all about it!

Andrew, :welcome:.

How lucky you are to be living in place filled with so much history! I hoped to make it over to the area for the Diamond Jubilee, but alas, the state of the economy won't allow for such a luxury (maybe soon though, because I've been in love with all things British/Royal since age thirteen). I agree with the UN General Secretary's statement; Her Majesty has indeed been a constant. I remember being a young child and hearing about her, and I lived in USSR for the first ten years of my life. I think I fell in love with royalty and the House of Windsor because of the image she gave to the monarchy; very dignified, yet still looking like someone one could relate to.

I hope you enjoy the Jubilee Concert. They have some fabulous acts lined up already (Dame Shirley Bassey will certainly blow everyone away [I hope she does her rendition of 'Big Spender']). I'm really looking forward to reading all about it from your perspective.

Hello, Andrew, and a warm welcome to the forums. How exciting that you live in Windsor; that's such a hotbed of royal activity since that's one of HM's favorite residences, isn't it? Glad you decided to join us and I look forward to seeing you here. I know we'll all enjoy your observations about the Jubilee and other royal goings-on.

Hello :welcome:! :flowers: I hope you enjoy post in TRF like me :flowers:

Welcome from a fellow newbie, Andrew! :flowers:
You are so lucky to have a ticket for the Jubilee Concert; it is sure to be a thrilling experience.

Welcome to TRF, I hope you enjoy posting as much as I do!

Andrew, :welcome:

It's going to be a very important 'royal' year indeed and now add the Olympics, it would be rather safe to state that 2012 is Great Britain's year! :britflag:

Enjoy your stay! :wine:

Hello Andrew! :welcome:

Lucky you - I'm sure the concert will be fantastic and I hope I can make it for the jubilee to London this year, too. I'm looking forward to read more from you and I hope you will enjoy your time at the forums! :flowers:

Very nice article, Andrew. Makes me want to cross the pond and visit Windsor Castle and the town all over again!

Back
Top Bottom