Hi from Queensland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Felicity M

Nobility
City
Brisbane
Country
Australia
Hi I've been on here for a while but never introduced myself,

my name is Felicity, I come from Australia but I spend most of my time in Europe as a part of my job.

I hv met a couple of royals in my time

Hi & :welcome:
Please share how your meetings with royals went and which royals?

I have met

Queen Silvia and Princess Madeline
Crown Princess Mathilde
Queen Margrethe

hi felicity this helena.. please do share your experince in meeting with the royal you've met.. which country do they rule??

I have met

Queen Silvia and Princess Madeline
Crown Princess Mathilde
Queen Margrethe

What were the circumstances and what was it like to meet Queen Silvia and Princess Madeline? Princess Madeline is so beautiful in pictures, she must be even more so in person.

My impression of the Swedish Royal Family is that they are very nice and very regular kind of folks. :)

I met Queen Silvia and Madeline at event for Queen Siliva's Child Foundation early lst year, itas private meeting to discuss what more could we do about the child sex trade. I had just had my 1st baby so couldn't leave her for very long, I was able to take her with me... Madeline is very very beauitful in real life, they are very nice to talk to. I was very nervous about meeting them but as time went by it got easer to talk to them. Queen Silvia is wonderful to talk to, she knows so much about the aid of children.

She even asked to hold my little girl, which I let her, she is a natural with children

I will be extending on how I met the Royals when I can, my work and home life is a little crazy, espsically with 3 kids under 5

Hi Felicity, I'm from just up the road:):p

Meeting the Royals would've been something else:)

Especially Princess Madeleine, she's a gorgeous lady. I'd probably end up tongue tied trying to talk to her...at first, at least:eek::D

I can imagine how nervous you were.

Townsville isn't just up the road oneofthem.

It was something else, Madeleine is gorgeous and she knows it but she was gracious whe spoken to.

I was more or less trying to keep a hold of my nerves so that I didn't look like a complete idot.

Meeting Queen Margathe of Denmark...

My husband is from Europe, his family come from Denmark, Holland and many other countries. My father in law and his father worked for the Royal family of denmark for many years, my father in law as general waiting staff and his father in the gardens of Amalienborg Palace and Chateau de Caix, Cahors, France. Every year the Queen and Prince Consort hold a very private christmas party for the staff at Amalienborg palace.

The staff are aloud to invite family to the party. My husbands grandfather invited us to attend the christmas party in 2008, we decided to go and take our children as we were aloud to, our oldest child is the same age as prince Christian, our middle is the same age as Isabella and our youngest was born March last year just before I meet Queen Silvia of Sweden.

I can speak a little Danish but I am fluent in French and Dutch. We attened the party and were introduced to the Queen, the Prince Consort and crown prince family. The Queen and Prince Consort are very friendly and chatty where as Crown Princess Mary was an utter snob, she more or less had the feeling of she had to be there. Prince Henrik was intrested in where I came from, I was able to speak to him in French, he has a very good sense of humor and could make anyone laugh, the Queen is very easy to talk to. The queen knows my husband very well and spoke of how she had seen him grow up around the palace and helping his grandfather with the gardens at the Chatue in france.

I was pregant at the time and had children to look after but they ran around the palace with the other children including Prince Christian, Prince Henrik is a very loving grandfather but warm to other children. It was an intersting night to say the least

What do you mean when you say PH is a very loving grandfather, but warm to other children? That CPM is a snob surprises the heck out of me... she seems down to earth.

Your hubby's grandpa is still alive? Wow...

You should see the way he plays with his grandchildren, he's not afraid to run around with them or get onthe floor and muck around with them. He loves to see children smile and was making them laugh all the time, youngest at the time was shy, Prince Henrik went out of his way to make her laugh.

I don't know if CPM was just tired or whatever but she just seemed to be a bit snobbish that night

I can tell CPH and I would get along well- I love to laugh, and more importantly I admire people who go above and beyond for children.

I admire people in the public eye who are unaffected and down to earth! Plus I am a softie for children and animals, so anyone who is kind to them gets an A in my book!
Lady F. I must say the thought of the Prince Consort down on the floor in fancy dress playing with the kids brings a smile!

Last edited:
I might be attending this year but we will see how the weather is, we're currently baised in London

I will be extending on how I met the Royals when I can, my work and home life is a little crazy, espsically with 3 kids under 5

My husband is from Europe, his family come from Denmark, Holland and many other countries. My father in law and his father worked for the Royal family of denmark for many years, my father in law as general waiting staff and his father in the gardens of Amalienborg Palace and Chateau de Caix, Cahors, France. Every year the Queen and Prince Consort hold a very private christmas party for the staff at Amalienborg palace.

The staff are aloud to invite family to the party. My husbands grandfather invited us to attend the christmas party in 2008, we decided to go and take our children as we were aloud to, our oldest child is the same age as prince Christian, our middle is the same age as Isabella and our youngest was born March last year just before I meet Queen Silvia of Sweden.

I can speak a little Danish but I am fluent in French and Dutch. We attened the party and were introduced to the Queen, the Prince Consort and crown prince family. The Queen and Prince Consort are very friendly and chatty where as Crown Princess Mary was an utter snob, she more or less had the feeling of she had to be there. Prince Henrik was intrested in where I came from, I was able to speak to him in French, he has a very good sense of humor and could make anyone laugh, the Queen is very easy to talk to. The queen knows my husband very well and spoke of how she had seen him grow up around the palace and helping his grandfather with the gardens at the Chatue in france.

I was pregant at the time and had children to look after but they ran around the palace with the other children including Prince Christian, Prince Henrik is a very loving grandfather but warm to other children. It was an intersting night to say the least

How many kids do you have, if you don't mind asking?

Ok sorry to not keeping you updated, my life is busy with 2 kids and 1 on the way. No I didn't go with Sven (my husband), I am busy with my work and looking after our 2 kids. He rang Frederick to say that he was on his way to see the twins, Frederick met my husband at the hospital, as my husband is not famous he had no problem getting past the photographers. He was let up to the rooms where he met Fred and saw Mary, Mary is doing really well.

The twins are very small but adorable, they look like Isabella but also Sven said he could see Fred in the boy. The babes are doing really well. Frederick is really quite tired and cannot wait to be home as a family. Sven spent about 2 hours with them. we told them that we found out that we are expecting our 3rd on the day that the twins were born.

Fred did say that they still haven't totally made up thier minds on names but have a few they like. My husbnad and I will most likely visit them when we get the chance to and when they are happy for us to visit them

Last edited:

I met Queen Silvia and Madeline at event for Queen Siliva's Child Foundation early lst year, itas private meeting to discuss what more could we do about the child sex trade. I had just had my 1st baby so couldn't leave her for very long, I was able to take her with me... Madeline is very very beauitful in real life, they are very nice to talk to. I was very nervous about meeting them but as time went by it got easer to talk to them. Queen Silvia is wonderful to talk to, she knows so much about the aid of children.

She even asked to hold my little girl, which I let her, she is a natural with children

I thought Christian was born in 2005. So, if you have had your first child when you met Queen Silvia in 2009, how can your oldest child be the same age Christian is? Sorry, but I am a bit confused...

Back
Top Bottom