Hi from Oma

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oma

City
New Braunfels
Country
United States
Hi everyone !!!! :wreath:
I am Oma (actually Cheryl but everone around here calls me Oma). I am retired U.S. Navy of which I worked as a metrologist which is the science of weights and measures. My husband, Erich, and I are raising our two grandchildren (deffinately a way to stay young!), Monte is 4 years old and Alekzandrya is 3 years old. They are 1 year and 13 days apart. I also am taking care of my mother, who is living with us. I live in New Braunfels, Texas, a wonderful German town with alot of interesting history.

My hobbies include, drawing and painting; sewing; crocheting; reading; cooking; preserving fruits and vegetables from our garden; dog shows with my Pembroke Welsh Corgies; jewelry making; assorted crafts; playing with and teaching my grandchildren; and now The Royal Forums.

As for my favorite Ice Cream - Banana has to be at the top of my list, but, Chocolate Cinnamon is a very close runner-up. I usually make all of our Ice Cream. We must have an Ice Cream party soon.

I love everything royal, especially the jewels !!!! I stumbled onto this site while searching for pictures of royal jewels and have been hooked ever since. I don't know much about the royal families except, of course, England's royal family - but I sure am learning fast.

I am still trying to catch up on all the tremendous amout of information here, so it may be a bit before I do more posting. I am looking forward to chatting with you all soon.

Cheers and Happy Holidays to all !!!! :twohearts: :corgi:

Hello Oma! Welcome to The Royal Forums :flowers:

I hope you enjoy your time here.

Welcome aboard Oma. Sounds like you are having a very intersting and busy life. Good to have you here!
Happy Holidays to you and your family.:flowers:

Welcome, Oma!

Wie geht es Ihnen Oma

Wie geht es Ihnen Oma? Ich hoffe Ompa ist gesund.:flowers:Karl

Welcome to TRF Oma !!!!!!!!!!

Thank you all so much for the wonderful welcomes!!

Chaz, I sure do wish I spoke German, you have just inspired me to learn! Thank you!

Oma

Translation

Translation; How are you Grama, I hope Grampa is well.:lol:

Yeah I am granma, and am sure proud of it! Opa is doing great. We both have German ancestors, unfortunately none of us speak German. My great-great-grandpa (on my mothers side) refused to allow his children to speak German. What a loss! I did'nt find out I was part German (and Scottish) until after I married my husband (7 years ago) and we started working on both our families history. We are trying to put together a book for our grandchildren and so forth. Am I to understand that "oder auch, Opa" is fairly equivalent to "I hope grampa is well"? Thanks!

Hi Oma and have a good time on TRF:flowers:

Yeah I am granma, and am sure proud of it! Opa is doing great. We both have German ancestors, unfortunately none of us speak German. My great-great-grandpa (on my mothers side) refused to allow his children to speak German. What a loss! I did'nt find out I was part German (and Scottish) until after I married my husband (7 years ago) and we started working on both our families history. We are trying to put together a book for our grandchildren and so forth. Am I to understand that "oder auch, Opa" is fairly equivalent to "I hope grampa is well"? Thanks!

No, "oder auch Opa" means "or Opa too". Opa is a nickname for Grandfather.

Have a good Xmas!

Back
Top Bottom