The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-13-2018, 03:42 PM

Hi from Iceland

Hey guys my name is Kristinn and come from Iceland
Me and my older brother are apparantly descendants of Christian IX king of denmark

I am here to learn more about royal lineages in general and enjoy educating myself and reading the stories.

The family story goes like this:
My great great grandfather was allegedly an illegitimate child of Christian IX according to family tales and my grandmother was raised by him and one day she suddenly says this tale to us like nothing and everyone almost spat their water over dinner.

It was rather funny that we never heard about it, but then she told us about Carl Christian August Jensen (our great great grandfather) and his story how he used to work at the royal palace and supposodly it was to keep close to his father the king but without it being known or visible as he was ofcourse illegitimate and then he married a woman in denmark but that ended in flames and he went to Iceland never looking back and was one if the first to put engines in boats in Iceland and was a hard working man that is when he met my great great grandmother and you can imagine the rest from there.

Old 10-14-2018, 08:23 PM
Heir Apparent

Bonjour, KristinnSpence! Have you seen any news about Princess Eugenie of York's lovely wedding?

Old 10-14-2018, 11:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by KristinnSpence View Post
Hey guys my name is Kristinn and come from Iceland
Me and my older brother are apparantly descendants of Christian IX king of denmark

I am here to learn more about royal lineages in general and enjoy educating myself and reading the stories.

The family story goes like this:
My great great grandfather was allegedly an illegitimate child of Christian IX according to family tales and my grandmother was raised by him and one day she suddenly says this tale to us like nothing and everyone almost spat their water over dinner.

It was rather funny that we never heard about it, but then she told us about Carl Christian August Jensen (our great great grandfather) and his story how he used to work at the royal palace and supposodly it was to keep close to his father the king but without it being known or visible as he was ofcourse illegitimate and then he married a woman in denmark but that ended in flames and he went to Iceland never looking back and was one if the first to put engines in boats in Iceland and was a hard working man that is when he met my great great grandmother and you can imagine the rest from there.

Wow that is quite a story from your grandmother. Can you work out how old Christian IX may have been when your great great grandfather was born.
Welcome to the forums.
Old 10-15-2018, 12:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Welcome KristinnSpence!
Old 10-15-2018, 02:29 PM

Carl christian august jensen was born on 21 april 1875 in frederikshavn denmark and died 30 july 1952
He was in the danish militia at first before coming to Iceland, and also he worked in the royal court and at the royal palace recieving and greeting guests and newcomers to the palace

He only went one time back to denmark after coming to Iceland

Tags
christian ix, denmark, king, lineage, royal