Hi from France (ex South Africa)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kimmit

City
Marigny-le-Cahouet
Country
France
Hello! Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Kim and I live in France now, but grew up in South Africa and then moved to Zimbabwe. Been in Europe for 4 years now. As an ex-South African and from Durban, I am particularly interested in the new Princess of Monaco, Charlene Wittstock.
I agree with all the reports that she really does look terribly unhappy, and my heart goes out to her. But, time will tell how it really is between them. I look forward to chatting to more of you over time.
Thanks!
Kim

Hi Kimmi :)

What part of France is Marigny le Cahouet? I've never been to Europe so I'm not overly familiar with how France is divided up regionally.

I did read a very interesting discussion last night in the forum dedicated to the French monarchy, if you are into that sort of thing...quite a debate about who is the legitimate heir.

MM

Hi Midwestern Mom. Thanks for your message. The tiny village of Marigny le Cahouet is kind of middle France. The closest big town you may know is Dijon (of the mustard) which is about an hour away by car. It takes me just over an hour by fast train (TVG) to Paris. I think this area of France is the most beautiful area! :)

Hello & welcome Kimmit :flowers:

Hi Kimmi :)

What part of France is Marigny le Cahouet? I've never been to Europe so I'm not overly familiar with how France is divided up regionally.

I did read a very interesting discussion last night in the forum dedicated to the French monarchy, if you are into that sort of thing...quite a debate about who is the legitimate heir.

MM
welcome to forums we here all wil help you if you want something

Hi Midwestern Mon,
welcome to this (mostly) friendly board.
The area around Dijon is also famous for its food - and not just the mustard.

Hi Renata...you are so right. The food around this area is mostly spectacular! There are many 3 michelin star restaurants around this area of which I have tried 2! Another lovely town just up the road from me is Semur-en-Auxois. Very beautiful and lots of history.

Hello from Germany and welcome here. I am a newbie myself!

Hi,

I am new also. I am an American who moved last year from Barbizon, France after living there for 3 years. I loved France for it's beauty and wonderful food and wine. Princess Caroline, at one time, had a house in the nearby town of Fontainebleau. I had many friends who said they saw her shopping etc. I once attended a dinner party with an European Royal but she would not say from what royal house she was from. She spoke both French and English.

Last edited:
:welcome: This place is full of very interesting information. Happy posting.

Hi,

I am new also. I am an American who moved last year from Barbizon, France after living there for 3 years. I loved France for it's beauty and wonderful food and wine. Princess Caroline, at one time, had a house in the nearby town of Fontainebleau. I had many friends who said they saw her shopping etc. I once attended a dinner party with an European Royal but she would not say from what royal house she was from. She spoke both French and English.

Hello & Welcome redfishcv:flowers:

:wave:Welcome, and I know you'll have fun times here. Everyone's so informative!

Back
Top Bottom