Hi all quick update

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ghost_night554

Heir Apparent
City
Vancouver
Country
Canada
Hi everyone hopefully you guys remember me. I've been sorta on and off TRF for the past year. I don't want to dwell too much but last year due to health complications I began to suffer from depression and decided to leave TRF to take some time for myself. I also temporarily quit college. I'm alot better now and I'm still here I just don't post very often, I'm not sure if I ever will post as much as I used to but just wanted to tell everyone don't worry I'm fine and still around. I still love the royals just as much as I used to that certainly hasn't changed. :flowers:

I hope you are well. Good return.

:flowers:

Hi everyone hopefully you guys remember me. I've been sorta on and off TRF for the past year. I don't want to dwell too much but last year due to health complications I began to suffer from depression and decided to leave TRF to take some time for myself. I also temporarily quit college. I'm alot better now and I'm still here I just don't post very often, I'm not sure if I ever will post as much as I used to but just wanted to tell everyone don't worry I'm fine and still around. I still love the royals just as much as I used to that certainly hasn't changed. :flowers:

I quite miss your posts, and I'm glad to hear you're still around and doing a bit better.

I'm a depression survivor myself, and also had to leave college when I was younger to deal with it. It was horrible- but my life got back on track a few years later and everything ended well. I've been happy, healthy and depression free for five years.

I really wish you the best in your fight... and refer you to this blog. When I feel down, it always makes me laugh and feel better.

The Traveling Red Dress | The Bloggess

Welcome back.

Another depression survivor here as well - and interestingly it was this board that helped me cope - starting my weekly updates on the royal engagements made me feel needed and wanted when in my 'real' life I felt worthless and not needed.

Now I feel wanted and needed in both lives of course so it is possible to survive - we just need to find what it is that can lift us.

I am a depression sufferer myself, and was told quite recently by one of my doctors that I can never go off my medication, and the faster I accept this the better off I will be (which I often do and then pay the price dearly).

It is the most misunderstood and yet the most common disease out there. Know you are in good company and many understand just what you are going through.

Oh, Ghost night! We are so glad you are back and feeling better. I wondered what had happened to you. We have needed your kind and informative posts on here for some time- things have gotten rather grumpy around here from time to time. Now do you know Princess Charlene is pregnant? And she has a chic new short haircut. And Juan Carlos abdicated! Ha ha, bet you already know all that stuff- anyway, welcome back.:flowers:

Add me to the list of people who have missed you Ghost Night. I'm glad you are feeling better, do what you need to do to take care of yourself.

I am not sure if I would call myself a depression survivor as it will never go away. I am on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medications, which I don't think I will ever be off. For me, it has helped knowing I am not the only person in my family who suffers from depression, one of my cousins does and the family believes my grandmother may have as well.

It really is a shame that people don't understand mental health issues. I think it may be because when you have an injured body part, like a broken bone or sprained joint, it's something people can see.

Welcome back, I'm the wife of a depression survivor, good to see you back (I was a long timer lurker before I joined) take time for yourself x

Hi all wow cannot believe how many of us here have suffered from depression. It feels good to know that I am not alone. And so lovely to hear you guys have missed me, trust me I've missed you guys too!:flowers:

Oh, Ghost night! We are so glad you are back and feeling better. I wondered what had happened to you. We have needed your kind and informative posts on here for some time- things have gotten rather grumpy around here from time to time. Now do you know Princess Charlene is pregnant? And she has a chic new short haircut. And Juan Carlos abdicated! Ha ha, bet you already know all that stuff- anyway, welcome back.:flowers:
haha yes i do know all that your right! i promise i will try to post a bit more. I came back in August but then I became unwell again so I left. hopefully this time I can stay longer!:flowers:

Ghost night, I'm a new nmember but have lurked here at TRF for the last few years and always really valued your super posts. You kept everyone here so informed and provided so many great links for live events etc.

So sorry to hear about your health problems. Depression is something I live with too. It never goes away completely, but you learn to live with it. Best wishes to you for your continued recovery and so glad to see you back.

Hello Ghost Night, Glad you are back in the sun-shine.

Ghost Night I'm a new member and a depression sufferer. I appreciate your post. You are not alone and good for you for taking the time for yourself!

So glad to see that you're back among us once again and I'm really looking forwards to reading your excellent journalistic posts once again.

One thing that I've found to be true and it does really work is that we can start our day all over again anytime we please. When things seem bad, have a cuppa tea, take a invigorating shower/bath, take a nap and start the day again. :D

Hello and welcome back! :wave:
I'd noticed that you hadn't been posting much and like others here have been missing your posts. I'm sorry to hear about your depression and I hope things work out well for you in the end.

Last edited:
Hi, I just wanted to say a couple of things.
Even though forums like this are in "cyberspace", so to speak, it is still reality and in the real world, because we are all real people, communicating etc and I think about all the people here in real terms and care about them as people just as much as if we were neighbours!
It seems that many people have had depression or know someone who has and it is a very normal part of life. Ironically, I often wonder whether depression is so misunderstood because people are scared to talk about it and suffer it themselves so want to hide it, so it kind of gets forgotten.
For my part, I have bouts of anxiety several times a year that last for a few weeks and it's tough trying to get back on an even keel. All is well one day and the next day you wake up feeling awful and start the process of getting back to feeling good again.
Best wishes everyone and keep on posting because everyone counts on The Royal Forums!!

Back
Top Bottom