Hello from US / Poland

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cinderella5x

Serene Highness
City
Huntington Beach
Country
United States
Hello everyone. Till now was just reading, not even registered, but I love the forum and find the information I am finidng here very useful so I decided to become a part of it.
Something about myself: I am currently in US, California. Born and raised in Poland, lived in Belgium and France. Moved to US (Chicago, of course :ROFLMAO:) in September 2003, then moved to CA in May 2006 (love the weather here :)).
Love history, royalty, music, reading, sun, traveling and color blue ;). And lots of other things, too many to list here ;-)

Hello, Cinderella5x!
It's nice to meet you here and get to know something about you. I also come from Poland and it's a pleasure for me to meet here another person from this country.
I hope you'll have a wonderful time here and post a lot, sharing lots of interesting topics with other people.
PS. California is a pretty state and for sure you're lucky to live in this earthly paradise!
Greetings! :rose:

Thank you! I am sure I will have a great time here.
Nice to know there is someone else from Poland here as well. And yes, CA is beautiful and I am very happy here, but I miss Poland and Europe.

Hi and hope that you will have good time here:flowers:

Hi Cinderella5x,

:welcome:

I hope you will enjoy the forums! :flowers:

Kind greetings, Dierna

Hello, Cinderella5x!
wellcome to The Royal Forums

Welcome Cinderella 5x !You will find many friends here:flowers:

Family Search

I'm a new member and have been tracing my family tree.I noticed that you said you come from Poland.I've traced my great great grandparents to Germany in 1850.My great great grandmother was born in Breslau,Germany on Nov.20,1850.The town is now called Wroclaw and is in Poland.Her maiden name appears as Schneider in one record,but appears as Schindler in another.I believe one is a clerical error.You know how it is here the immigration people couldn't spell the European names so they spelled them as they sounded.She married John Brodsack or Broadsack(american spelling again).I believe their immigration papers listed their married name as Brodak(common spelling for Germany).They came here in 1881.WOULD YOU know where I would write or e-mail the vital records from Breslau/Wroclaw to get a copy of her birth records and marriage records? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Pat McDermott:bang:

I'm a new member and have been tracing my family tree.I noticed that you said you come from Poland.I've traced my great great grandparents to Germany in 1850.My great great grandmother was born in Breslau,Germany on Nov.20,1850.The town is now called Wroclaw and is in Poland.Her maiden name appears as Schneider in one record,but appears as Schindler in another.I believe one is a clerical error.You know how it is here the immigration people couldn't spell the European names so they spelled them as they sounded.She married John Brodsack or Broadsack(american spelling again).I believe their immigration papers listed their married name as Brodak(common spelling for Germany).They came here in 1881.WOULD YOU know where I would write or e-mail the vital records from Breslau/Wroclaw to get a copy of her birth records and marriage records? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Pat McDermott:bang:

Hey Pat;

Sorry for late response, but I am not on the computer on the weekends and did not check that thread.
How funny, I was born in Wroclaw :). Lovely city.
Yes, Polish names are hard to pronounce, I often introduce myself with my Polish name but I also "chose" an American name, which is way easier to pronounce and doesn't create problems ;)
I found the website, it's in Polish, English, German and I believe in French. You can find some info there.
Tourist Information

Here is who I would try to contact:
Statistical Office in Wroclaw
Oławska St. 31,
50-950 Wroclaw
tel. (+48 71) 344-20-71,
fax (+48 71) 372-39-63
Office hours:
Monday - Friday: 7.15 AM till 3.15 PM

Also, I will look at home over the weekend (I am not home this week) and will try to find where did I get my birth certificate, maybe they could be helpful as well.

I still have a family living in Wroclaw, so, if you want / need direct help, I could probably write them and ask some questions.

Let me know.

Family Records

Tis a small world after all.What are the chances of you being from the same town.Her name was Antoinette Brodak(european spelling according to immigration papers).She was born in Breslau,Germany,now Wroclaw,Poland on Feb.18,1874.Her parents,John Brodak and Ottilie Schneider or Schindler were there in 1850.They immigrated to the US in 1881.John came over before them in 1880.It would be of GREAT help if your parents could find the records for me.I NEED all the info. possible on her and her parents.ACTUAL COPIES of the records.I would be more than happy to re-imburse your parents for their time.If you would give them my e-mail add: thewalrusclub@gmail.com,you and they can talk to me anytime.I really appreciate all your info.. Thanks Pat McDermott:D

Yes, smaller than we think :).
Not a problem. I'll talk to my mom and my family this weekend and will ask them to see what they can do and how fast they can get any info out. Just remember - Polish bureaus are VERY slow :bang: and it can take a long time for them to respond.
Also, just as an FYI, the bureau I was talking about is called Bureau of Vital Statistics. There are chances they will have some records.
I'll have my family contact them asap.

Small world, indeed!
Haven't been to Wroclaw in a while, but love that city! On my list "to show" to my husband when I'll finally take him to Poland one day :)

Btw, Pat, I talked to my family and they will research and will see what and how fast they will be able to find. I will inform you as soon as I hear anything from anybody. Hope that helps. Let me know if you have any more information we could use.

Family Research

:D I really appreciate you having your parents take the time to do some research for me.I realize THINGS work differently in Europe,they aren't like us americans who want everything instantly.I DON'T HAVE any other info. I can give you.I only know John Brodak + Ottilie(Ottilia) Schneider or Schindler lived there.She was born on Nov.20,1850.I have No info. on where he was born, but it was in 1837.They married there,had 4 children,before coming to America in 1880(John),and Ottilie,and children in 1881-1883.They had 4 more children in the US.I'm sure it being Europe they will have records going back further than that,but getting them out of Archives is the trick.Do you know IF they have started to Micro-Film records there yet?.As I said before what I need is: Birth Records for Antoinette Brodak.Marriage Records for John+Ottlilie.IF POSSIBLE Birth Records for John+Ollilie,as well as place,and their parents names,which should be on the Birth Records.IF we can find John+Ottilie parents names and Birth Records,Marriage Records,and such it will allow us to trace our family clear back to France just after the revolution.I DON'T KNOW if John+Ottilie parents CAN be traced,but as I said in Europe they have records going back several hundred years,so they are there somewhere,maybe just not Wroclaw.ANY LEADS as to them would be helpful.I know that it is QUITE A LOT,but we really need it.Photo Copies of the actual records are what we need. Thanks Again Pat McDermott P.S. Don't worry about it taking a long time,we have been waiting for 200 years to clear up the mystery.;)

Hello, Cinderella5x! welcome to the royal forums. Enjoy the forums.

To: Cinderella5X

:cool: I was just wondering if you had heard anything from your parents about the family research you asked them to do to help me out.Could you ask them IF they could give me ANY kind of time frame.I understand they are on a more relaxed schedule there, the wheels of authority turn ever so slowly.I can just imagine what they have to go through to get records that are 200 hundred years old. Wish I could be there in person, it would be quite an adventure to do the research in such an old city. Like I said the records for them should be there,it's just getting them out of the archives. I finally wrote to the "Statistical Office" there and asked them about the records.I also told them about your parents and their research for me. Let me know at my e-mail add. thewalrusclub@gmail.com as soon as they find something OR can give me a time frame. Thanks Again Pat Mc Dermott :bang:

Back
Top Bottom