The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-07-2013, 06:46 PM

Hello from the dark side.

As my name suggests, I'm not exactly a fan of hereditary privilege. Having said that, I can't wait for Charles to become king. It can't be that far away now.

Do you think the monarchy can survive in modern times where the stark comparison between vulgar wealth and starvation can be seen rubbing shoulders every day? I think, if it wasn't for the elite having the media in their pocket, the revolution would happening now.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:22 PM
Royal Highness

Well, you promise to be an interesting poster!

Welcome!

I think Charles will make a great king as well, but I don't think it anytime that soon.

Old 12-07-2013, 07:27 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
As my name suggests, I'm not exactly a fan of hereditary privilege. Having said that, I can't wait for Charles to become king. It can't be that far away now.

Do you think the monarchy can survive in modern times where the stark comparison between vulgar wealth and starvation can be seen rubbing shoulders every day? I think, if it wasn't for the elite having the media in their pocket, the revolution would happening now.

As the 'stark comparison between vulgar wealth and starvation' 'rubbing shoulders every day' has been with us since ancient times I don't think there will be a revolution any time soon.

Even in countries where there is no inherited positions this is very visible.

Welcome by the way.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:37 PM
Courtier

Well some of the most equal societies are monarchies. Look at Scandinavia for example. If you abolished every monarchy on Earth you would still have all the problems off the world. Life is unfair. Monarchy of no monarchy.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:41 PM

I don't think Charles will make a good king at all. We have had some 'crazies' previously and I hope he will cause people to reconsider exactly what hereditary means. There is scant mention of his relationship with Savile. It seems the royals are teflon coated these days.

The royal wealth is obscene by any standard, a bit like the church. They have blood on their hands passed down through the centuries. As I said, it's a good job the media are in their pockets.

Thanks for the welcomes.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:45 PM
Courtier

I guess you won't be here long.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Welcome to the forums, Republic. It sounds like you'll bring discussions to some interesting levels here. Enjoy your time posting.
Old 12-07-2013, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalistbert View Post

I guess you won't be here long.
Why is that? Are people with different opinions censored?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Far from it, but in general this is a pro-monarchy site.

Welcome and I hope that you will come to the forum with an open mind.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-07-2013, 08:13 PM
Majesty

We tend to find that those who come along determined to be provocative don't last long as they get shot down on their arguments pretty quickly - such as yours regarding wealth and starvation rubbing shoulders - that has been happening for centuries - if anything it is less obvious to both sides now than it was in the past when the poor were in the villages and saw the lords of the manor with their wealth etc ruling over them directly.

The other reason why you probably won't last long is that the majority of people on this board are very supportive of the monarchies, and so their conversations tend to become something that a rabid anti-monarchist, such as you have presented yourself to be in your introduction, just finds boring and over the top supportive of the monarchists and the royals within each family.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Oh no, not another whiner.

Okay, you openend the ball by coming here to a forum where most members are pro-monarchy, for all sorts of reasons. And your very first post is pretty rabid.
What did you expect? Flowers and a standing ovation?
It's the equivalent of joining a board devoted to soccer and start by saying "I hate soccer".

Do you really think you are the first to come here in order to stir things up a little? You won't last long that way. Not because people are particularly hostile, but because your arguments will be taken apart, for the very simple reason that most here actually know what they are talking about when it comes to monarchies and why they remain to this day.

So you can either ask questions and learn and involve yourself in a serious debate or you can try keeping up your attitude, in which case you won't last long.
Expect to be contradicted and challenged and don't start about censorship, it won't work.
Old 12-07-2013, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
Oh no, not another whiner.

Okay, you openend the ball by coming here to a forum where most members are pro-monarchy, for all sorts of reasons. And your very first post is pretty rabid.
What did you expect? Flowers and a standing ovation?
It's the equivalent of joining a board devoted to soccer and start by saying "I hate soccer".

Do you really think you are the first to come here in order to stir things up a little? You won't last long that way. Not because people are particularly hostile, but because your arguments will be taken apart, for the very simple reason that most here actually know what they are talking about when it comes to monarchies and why they remain to this day.

So you can either ask questions and learn and involve yourself in a serious debate or you can try keeping up your attitude, in which case you won't last long.
Expect to be contradicted and challenged and don't start about censorship, it won't work.
Well that wouldn't convert anyone!

Old 12-08-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Well that wouldn't convert anyone!
Indeed. It's confirmation of the steretypes I was expecting. Sounds like it should be called the 'Royal Fawning Forum' from what I have read so far. Can none of them do any wrong in your (collective) eyes?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Indeed. It's confirmation of the steretypes I was expecting. Sounds like it should be called the 'Royal Fawning Forum' from what I have read so far. Can none of them do any wrong in your (collective) eyes?
You cant have read very far and what you really need to have a sense of humour to join in. Lighten up and open up and remember this is, as you have been told by many, a pro monarchy site.

Old 12-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Gentry

Are moderators paid perks yo keep monarchs above the rest?
Old 12-08-2013, 10:56 AM
Nobility

Stop responding to the troll....
Old 12-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
With all due respect i don't see your point. This forum is a place to share a common knownledge and passion about various subjects related to royalty. Unsunprisingly It's a site EXCLUSIVELY dedicated to this topic. So why come here if it's not your cup of tea (which is perfectly fine, but i do think there are some other appropriate places where you can share your opinion ).
I don't think it's very constructive for everyone to come here only to be provocative and to say that, basically, royalty sucks, and to expect some angry reactions from "stereotypes", only for the fun to be THE Republican among the aloof royalists.
I'm not sure that a fervent Monarchist would be very welcome on a Republican board. That's said you're welcome, but i still don't understand what are you expecting here ...
Old 12-08-2013, 11:12 AM
Gentry

Yep what I thought. Troll. Boredom. Envy. Satanism. Thorism. In the it is all talk talk. Twitter at its best.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:

Welcome to The Royal Forums.

To answer your question, I would have to say yes it will most definitely survive. Perhaps you are not aware of certain things and this is definitely a venue to find out more about things pertaining to the British Royal Family.

You mention "vulgar" wealth rubbing shoulders with the poor, downtrodden and disadvantaged. Most certainly they are rubbing shoulders and getting up close and personal. Are you familiar at all with Charles' Prince's Trust or any of his other programs, charities and patronages? Has anything that the Royal Foundation programs of William, Harry and Kate come to your attention at all? I would imagine if there's an area in British society that is dire need of care, support and financial backing, 10 to 1, there is a program that the royals are involved with. This isn't close to all their charities and patronages as the rest of the family support a multitude of different things.

This is a good place to read up on what exactly they're doing and I hope you enjoy your time here as much as I do.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:22 AM
Gentry

All western monarchs survived because they are out of politics and into philanthropy. Not bad, hey?