Hello from Texas

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HollyDolly

Commoner
City
Schertz
Country
United States
Glad to meet everyone here. I've always even as a little girl been interested inknights in armour, castles and royalty amongst other things.
I even have a royal connection on my dad's side. In 1958,59 he did a TDY to Germany and England for the US Airforce. While in Garmisch visiting relatives, he got to the parish church. According to old records one of his cousins there had been a burgermeisiter and had also served as a steward to the ruler of Bavaria at the time back in the 1690s.According to records he said the family were military men,landholders, artisans and petty court officials.
I wonder if anyone has ever written a book about what it was like for someone to work in a royal kitchen, sewn royal clothes,etc.
I think people are interested in royalty because of the romance, the glory of the past, and to believe that unlike many of our politicans, there actually are people who care about the common man unlike what we have to day.

Welcome to The Royal Forums, HollyDolly! I hope you enjoy exploring all the topics and subjects we have here!

Welcome HollyDolly to the Royal Forums.

Howdy! I am in Texas also-The mid cities to be precise.Glad you are here!

:welcome: It's so nice to have you! Surely you'll find a lot of royal romance here, as well as other most interesting topics. Enjoy!

Hello and welcome HollyDolly :flowers:

Welcome to the forums, HollyDolly! :D

Back
Top Bottom